Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 31 1 2 3 4 30 31
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Stephanie - it actually does get easier as you go, because you have more energy and aren't lugging around the extra weight. Can you even imagine picking up a 70 pound bag and carrying it around with you every single day? The thought is staggering!! It must be SO nice to be lighter now.

I'm sorry to hear about the pinched nerve, is there something they can do to "fix" that?

Think of your desk as a fun challenge. This will be your chance to do a fun summer cleaning and when it's done, you will be so happy with the results!!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Yes definitely don't worry about this being complete or final!! It's a starting point, giving you some things to work on. You can always add or remove things from it as you go!

That list looks wonderful! It gives you different things to work on on different days so that you stay energized and engaged. They all definitely look quite doable too!

Don't worry about doing all of them right now. They're on the list to be thought about. Just be content that you are making progress on setting up your plan smile

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Thanks, Lisa, I hope so about them being doable. I have been tossing these thoughts around for a long time. I do think there is a lot of diversity in this beginning.

Should we start an thread where we talk about what we are doing *now* - and to get ideas how - to get the one year goals started?

Zebra
Zebra
I have some info and articles I'm happy to recommend on action planning, which I think comes after you set goals. It's a system based on "Next step" thinking--i.e., what's the next step I take to get to my goal.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Excellent idea Jill!!

Here is a thread to get us actually working on our goals NOW - and to get feedback and support on what we're doing!

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Deb that sounds awesome, we can all use advice on how to get our goals going!

Low Carb Forum
Zebra
Zebra
Okay, here we go. Remember, these are "business" focused because I write on business, but goals are goals, and how you get there is the same, so don't let the business part fool you!

The first part is to set the goals in a measurable, achievable way. The reason for this is so you know when you get there!

So, here's a couple on setting the goals:

How to Set Long Term Goals

and

Goals that make a difference

Zebra
Zebra
Once you have your goals set and written, then you create Action plans for them! Action Plans are really road maps to your goals!

Here's the basics of: Action Plans

And, here's an article on Action Plan Tips & Examples (Don't skip this one!)

And, finally, here's a form you can use:

Action Plan Form

Gecko
Gecko
I will adjust them after reading the articles here (great post ideas by the way!) but for now some One Year goals:

UK Residency for me and hubby
Our school to get Healthy Schools Status (of which I play a big part)
Me to go to Russia on a tour for a week in August (I think it's the 11th and I've decided which tour company and which tour etc.)

My husband and I to go to the States again in
October and spend a week visiting: San Francisco, Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon. Yes it would be a bit of a whirlwind but WHAT a whirlwind!
I'd also like to continue to
improve my social life.
Return to
writing group and hopefully get a poem or short story published in their next anthology and maybe even enter a competition!
That will do for now except for one more thing
I want more balance work-wise next school year
(which starts in September.) Yes I have it pretty good but I want even MORE. An easier workload. And to say no to any more extra commitments at work so I can have a year off in a way to just focus on my main job - as a teacher - and on time for me, my friends, husband, other parts of life etc.
Thank you for listening and for starting this topic!
Oh P.S and to donate to several charities even if it's only �10 ($20 USD) each (to increase in the future!!)

I leave the child-rearing to people who feel called to it. I've never felt that call.
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Those are awesome articles, Deb, thanks so much!!

Athena - you should send poems and stories in to our BellaOnline literary review!

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Low Carb Forum
Page 2 of 31 1 2 3 4 30 31

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.