Print Thread
Page 88 of 95 1 2 86 87 88 89 90 94 95
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
I'm runnin' up the road lookin' for that pie!

This week we had pi day in math classes all over the place. I could go for a piece of Debbie's pie and some porch time.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
My mom baked some pies when I was still sleeping. I will jump in one of the two sugar pies tonight! We have two porches and one small balcony upstairs and we do have one big rocking chair thats sits two people and a table with two chairs but the porches and balcony are not closed and here we have like three months of peace when it comes with flies so sitting outside is mostly not calming (just to illustrate that problem the insects come outside even during winter in the snow and cold so you can all imagine without problems what it looks like during the summers). We may have enough money this year to close at least one porch or the upstairs balcony so we have one place where we can sit all year long outside without being eaten by flies (they also LOVE to buzz around the ears here). I love Winter so being outside during Winter is no problem with me.

OP Offline
Bet those pies are good, Nancy. Pies are my favorite desserts.

A closed in porch would be nice for you and your Mom to relax on. Will you enclose it with screening? How nice that would be any time of the year.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
OP Offline
Debbie, how sweet of you to run over here and do all my work for me in the cabin and the porches. You can bake as many pies as you have time for -- we all love pies, especially Granpappy.

Don't wear yourself out now by doing so much, ya hear? Sit down a spell and relax while I make coffee to go with your pies.

Rosie makes awesome pies, too. We like her apple pies warm with vanilla ice cream dripping over the edge -- mmm mmm mm!

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
N
N
The plan is to use screening yes. My mom thought of maybe using another fabric, something in which we could see through but also would keep the flies out. I'd still be scared that a spider would be near (we found a product for that...we spray it on a mop then wipe that mop everywhere outside where our porches are...it works for a few days...less stressful when we go outside...spiders here are HUGE and walk around in the snow). I still haven't eaten that sugar pie but I did eat most of the uncook pie crust.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Hello all! I have that massive berry pie ready and Connie has already had a piece of it. She waited so patiently.

I just came around from the back porch and heard you had chicken and dumplins on, Phyllis. I couldn't help myself but to dig into a nice steamin' bowl of it.

I'm a done cleanin' now. I was bored 'cause nobody else was around so I figured I'd tidy up a lil'.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
I have a rice pudding baking in my iron skillet. It's my favorite way to use up leftover rice. Just stir in a few eggs and some sugar, add the milk and vanilla, and pour the whole mess into a big old buttered iron skillet. Sprinkle a few raisins in and some cinnamon on top, then dot the pudding with butter. MMmMMMMMmmmmm! I can hardly wait the hour it will take it to cook.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
I bet a bunch of folks would love to dig into that rice pudding with you, Connie. It sure smells good.

I wonder what everyone is up to. There is a lot of pie left, which is surprising at this hour. I just dug out some vanilla ice cream from the freezer to go with it. It is a delightful combination, especially after Phyllis' tasty chicken and dumplings.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
N
N
I am eating the rest of some pasta with cheese that I made yesterday, cooked some mushrooms in lots of butter before the last period of my Hockey game then threw them into my pasta plate. It's 12:24 now and I cannot go to bed too early since I got up after 13:00 after being in bed close to eleven hours (i did not slept all that time + the day before i did not sleep at all so i should be able to sleep tonight). I'll probably end up spending a few hours on Youtube as usual. I have three The Graham Norton Show to watch plus the small part with Tom Cruise and eight The Daily Show and nine The Colbert Report so I could do that instead. As for pies I still have some left of my sugar pie my mom baked me, I'll probably eat some after I'm done with my pasta. I'd love some ice cream but there's none left.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
I love pasta, Nancy. I have some made here, too. I hope you slept well!

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Page 88 of 95 1 2 86 87 88 89 90 94 95

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.