Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Ananyaw, Rose Mordi, kangtuo, asinmylife, izzy87
56997 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56998 Members
417 Forums
112518 Topics
795373 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 697
Beetlemess 630
Karm - SW USA Editor 266
Nancy Roussy 191
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 161
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 130
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 128
Linu 104
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 104
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 93
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#792954 - 11/16/12 12:12 PM Thanksgiving Leftover Blues
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

Loc: Kansas USA
Do you suffer over what to do with Thanksgiving leftovers? They are great the first day or two after Thanksgiving, but a bit boring after that! Turn them into marvelous sandwiches. This article can help:

Thanksgiving Sandwich Ideas for Turkey and Ham
Avatar: There is Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

Here is a link to my EBook.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

Add Thanksgiving Leftover Blues to Twitter Add Thanksgiving Leftover Blues to Facebook Add Thanksgiving Leftover Blues to MySpace Add Thanksgiving Leftover Blues to Del.icio.us Digg Thanksgiving Leftover Blues Add Thanksgiving Leftover Blues to Yahoo My Web Add Thanksgiving Leftover Blues to Google Bookmarks Add Thanksgiving Leftover Blues to Stumbleupon Add Thanksgiving Leftover Blues to Reddit
#793068 - 11/17/12 02:00 AM Re: Thanksgiving Leftover Blues [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

If you have great ideas for Thanksgiving sandwiches that use leftovers, will you let us know?

Add Re: Thanksgiving Leftover Blues to Twitter Add Re: Thanksgiving Leftover Blues to Facebook Add Re: Thanksgiving Leftover Blues to MySpace Add Re: Thanksgiving Leftover Blues to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Thanksgiving Leftover Blues Add Re: Thanksgiving Leftover Blues to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Thanksgiving Leftover Blues to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Thanksgiving Leftover Blues to Stumbleupon Add Re: Thanksgiving Leftover Blues to Reddit
#793120 - 11/17/12 02:30 PM Re: Thanksgiving Leftover Blues [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

I'm having a grilled ham and cheese for breakfast. Sourdough bread makes great grilled sandwiches.

You don't have to save your sandwiches for lunch and dinner. Have one for breakfast!

Add Re: Thanksgiving Leftover Blues to Twitter Add Re: Thanksgiving Leftover Blues to Facebook Add Re: Thanksgiving Leftover Blues to MySpace Add Re: Thanksgiving Leftover Blues to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Thanksgiving Leftover Blues Add Re: Thanksgiving Leftover Blues to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Thanksgiving Leftover Blues to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Thanksgiving Leftover Blues to Stumbleupon Add Re: Thanksgiving Leftover Blues to Reddit
#793122 - 11/17/12 02:37 PM Re: Thanksgiving Leftover Blues [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

Here is a recipe for mango mayo. It works well on turkey.

2 tablespoons of your favorite mayonnaise
1 tablespoon of Patek�s Sweet Mango Chutney (You may substitute your favorite mango chutney.)
1 tablespoon of Grey Poupon�s Creamy Dijon (No substitutions, please.)

Mix together and store covered in the refrigerator.

#793167 - 11/18/12 11:26 AM Re: Thanksgiving Leftover Blues [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]
Lestie - ContainerGardens Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Hi Connie,

As usual I got a lot of info and pleasure reading your article on leftover sandwich combination ideas so thank you v v much.

One thing I can add that interest others is a Turkey Pate that I make on the run that works so easily and quickly and lays itself open to your imagination as to what to do with it and where to put it except of course when it comes to taking off the presentation platter!

You take what you have got by way of breast or leg meat and strip it up (no skin). Add some (pref) home made vinaigrette or mayonnaise (can be flavoured) or just plain lemon juice with a touch of olive oil. GRATE an onion or two into the mix.

Use a pestle and mortar make a paste and therefore a pate of this mix and use as a spread for all sorts of reasons or as a base to biscuit snacks for a cocktail party or eat as a pate with melba toasties or or or ...

For contrast use capers or bits of salted anchovies, or slices of pickled gherkins or slices of rosa cherry tomatoes or scattered mixed chopped herbs (parsely frills only no stalks, basil and lemon thyme is a nice mix I often go for) or thinly sliced or finely chopped hard boild egg or or or...

I have also used my turkey (and chicken) pate and mixed with egg yolk to restuff eggs for cocktail party meals etc.

As a 'butter' style base or even filling/spread for plain skinny sandwiches made on crispy or crusted white bread, it goes far and is very tasty with some extra salt and white pepper.

And the look, flavour, texture and taste is up to you, your imagination and how much of the turkey you have left over.

Easy peasy and tasty and frugal and fun!

Donchayluvitall?

Cheers

P S Now put on your shopping list or in your letters to Santa that you would like to get a pestle and mortar as a cooks present this year please. I have tried to make this pate using a blender - it doesn't work for some reason, it goes all glutinous and yucky? And if you have already got a PM in your kitchen, get another one that is bigger and made of seasoned wood - then see the difference!

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.

#793188 - 11/18/12 04:14 PM Re: Thanksgiving Leftover Blues [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

Lestie, thanks for sharing! This is a wonderful idea for a lovely spread.

#793202 - 11/18/12 05:47 PM Re: Thanksgiving Leftover Blues [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Thanks for the recipe, Lestie. It sounds delicious and unique. I love duck pate, not necessarily the chicken liver type, and this turkey pate is sure to be a winner.

Wouldn't it be a fun thing to host a Thanksgiving leftover party and encourage everyone to bring a *new* and creative dish made with their leftovers? This turkey pate would be a hit!

I'm a sucker for the traditional leftover turkey sandwiches on toast. We look forward to them every year. Nothing special but oh, so good. smile

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

#793205 - 11/18/12 05:59 PM Re: Thanksgiving Leftover Blues [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Here is my recipe for a Japanese Turkey Korroke. I have since improved upon it by omitting the egg and flour in the mashed potato mixture and letting it firm up in the refrigerator. This omission leaves the interior more fluffy and potato-y. The breading process holds the chilled and molded patties together well enough. Just be sure not to flip them over until the underside is browned or the patty can fall apart!

Japanese Turkey Korroke

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

#793219 - 11/18/12 07:36 PM Re: Thanksgiving Leftover Blues [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

And, there are lots and lots of ideas in the article!

#793246 - 11/19/12 12:55 AM Re: Thanksgiving Leftover Blues [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

Wow, Lori, that looks delicious!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
1 second ago
2014 Eating Log
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
3 minutes 18 seconds ago
What did you dream about last night?
by Nancy Roussy
Dreams
7 minutes 34 seconds ago
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Today at 12:53 PM
Why Aren't Bahá'ís Vegetarian?
by Cheryll - Bahá'í Life
Baha'i Faith
Today at 11:52 AM
The Gifts of ADD
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 09:40 AM
Better Nutrition Helps ADD
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 09:38 AM
Cattlemen's Ranch Black Angus Patties Review
Sandwiches
Today at 09:35 AM
Like a Flower Grows Volume 3 Launch
by Jori-ND Editor
Neuromuscular Diseases
Today at 09:08 AM
Strange Old Testament law
by Lynne - ChristianLiving
Christian Living
Today at 07:10 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
3 registered (Nancy Roussy, Lynne - ChristianLiving, 1 invisible), 81 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.