Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
jklmno108133, stuvwx334403, stuvwx841917, dillonmatthews, thouriver
57202 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57200 Members
417 Forums
112999 Topics
800846 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 736
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 415
Beetlemess 305
Nancy Roussy 166
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 109
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 91
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 89
Susan - Meditation Editor 47
Sandra Investing/HFinance 45
Mona - Astronomy 41
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#775475 - 07/29/12 02:19 PM Japanese School Lunches (Updated w/ pix)
Tas - Japanese Culture Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

Loc: Japan
Hey folks,
The latest article from the Japanese Culture site is up. Check it out!

Japanese School Lunches

What are the things that make lunch time in Japanese schools stand out? Click on the above link to find out!

Edited by Tas - Japanese Culture (11/17/12 11:35 AM)

Add Japanese School Lunches (Updated w/ pix) to Twitter Add Japanese School Lunches (Updated w/ pix) to Facebook Add Japanese School Lunches (Updated w/ pix) to MySpace Add Japanese School Lunches (Updated w/ pix) to Del.icio.us Digg Japanese School Lunches (Updated w/ pix) Add Japanese School Lunches (Updated w/ pix) to Yahoo My Web Add Japanese School Lunches (Updated w/ pix) to Google Bookmarks Add Japanese School Lunches (Updated w/ pix) to Stumbleupon Add Japanese School Lunches (Updated w/ pix) to Reddit
#775702 - 07/30/12 05:43 PM Re: New article - Japanese School Lunches [Re: Tas - Japanese Culture]
Lori - Marriage Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala

Loc: Orange, CA USA
I am always amazed at the efficiency and attention to detail of the Japanese. I am Japanese but alas, I am yon-sei (fourth generation Japanese American) so I lack much of the desired qualities of the Japanese. frown

The Japanese, like so many Asian cultures, believe that food is very important. I loved reading your article about how each child has a nutritionist! If only the school food system in America were as child-centered instead of convenience- and cost-centered.

I would so adore having a bento lunch instead of microwave-heated rubbery chicken "nuggets" or a steamed bean burrito which is typical fare here. I guess I should be thankful for food as long as it nourishes my body. But your article made me salivate! LOL.

BellaOnline.com Marriage
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

Dreams editor
Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Add Re: New article - Japanese School Lunches to Twitter Add Re: New article - Japanese School Lunches to Facebook Add Re: New article - Japanese School Lunches to MySpace Add Re: New article - Japanese School Lunches to Del.icio.us Digg Re: New article - Japanese School Lunches Add Re: New article - Japanese School Lunches to Yahoo My Web Add Re: New article - Japanese School Lunches to Google Bookmarks Add Re: New article - Japanese School Lunches to Stumbleupon Add Re: New article - Japanese School Lunches to Reddit
#775782 - 07/31/12 07:34 AM Re: New article - Japanese School Lunches [Re: Tas - Japanese Culture]
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

Hehe, not every school lunch may be delicious... Problem is, you don't get to choose. When I told the students that we have canteens instead of school lunches in Singapore, and that we can choose to buy fried chicken, hamburgers and soda every day, they were so green with envy... smile

And it's kinda sad to see many students being picky, not finishing up all the food. There're always leftovers every day, and I think it's such a waste, considering that there are people elsewhere in the world who don't have enough to eat. Those kids really don't know how lucky they are.

Add Re: New article - Japanese School Lunches to Twitter Add Re: New article - Japanese School Lunches to Facebook Add Re: New article - Japanese School Lunches to MySpace Add Re: New article - Japanese School Lunches to Del.icio.us Digg Re: New article - Japanese School Lunches Add Re: New article - Japanese School Lunches to Yahoo My Web Add Re: New article - Japanese School Lunches to Google Bookmarks Add Re: New article - Japanese School Lunches to Stumbleupon Add Re: New article - Japanese School Lunches to Reddit
#775864 - 07/31/12 08:54 PM Re: New article - Japanese School Lunches [Re: Tas - Japanese Culture]
Lori - Marriage Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala

Loc: Orange, CA USA
Yes, it is the same here. A lot of food waste. Now the local schools have "share" boxes in which the students can put in packaged, uneaten foods or whole fruits. Other hungrier students can go through the bins. Or students can exchange foods.

It is so much better than seeing the trash cans filled each day with edible food.

BellaOnline.com Marriage
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

Dreams editor
Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

#775888 - 08/01/12 05:50 AM Re: New article - Japanese School Lunches [Re: Tas - Japanese Culture]
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

Wow, that's cool. Wish we can do that here...

#793114 - 11/17/12 11:44 AM Re: Japanese School Lunches (Updated w/ pix) [Re: Tas - Japanese Culture]
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

This is the school lunch I had last Wed. The teachers like to give (read: dump) a lot of food to me every time, to clear out extras and unwanted portions. This particular day, I had an additional piece of fish. BTW, the persimmon was not on the menu, given out to teachers who were in the staff room only...

See the piece of maple leaf-shaped portion? In Japan, maple leaves are to autumn what cherry blossoms are to spring. Yup, the Japanese are pretty big on flowers and leaves... It's so them to include such symbolism in their food. And it's not just in schools either.

Add Re: Japanese School Lunches (Updated w/ pix) to Twitter Add Re: Japanese School Lunches (Updated w/ pix) to Facebook Add Re: Japanese School Lunches (Updated w/ pix) to MySpace Add Re: Japanese School Lunches (Updated w/ pix) to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Japanese School Lunches (Updated w/ pix) Add Re: Japanese School Lunches (Updated w/ pix) to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Japanese School Lunches (Updated w/ pix) to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Japanese School Lunches (Updated w/ pix) to Stumbleupon Add Re: Japanese School Lunches (Updated w/ pix) to Reddit

Moderator:  Tas - Japanese Culture 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Word From Last Letter Game
by Ro Longstreet-Wicca
Contests & Sweepstakes
Yesterday at 05:19 PM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by Ro Longstreet-Wicca
Comedy Movies
Yesterday at 05:03 PM
Shopping at Walmart Game
by Ro Longstreet-Wicca
Home Finance
Yesterday at 04:59 PM
Sorry about not posting for a while
by Ninjahedgewych
Pagan
Yesterday at 04:01 PM
I Lost Almost Everything
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Yesterday at 03:47 PM
Wednesday Writing Prompt!
by Ro Longstreet-Wicca
Wicca
Yesterday at 03:39 PM
What time does your child go to bed at night?
by Lisa - Moms
Moms
Yesterday at 03:30 PM
How Can I Make Time for Everything?
by Lisa - Moms
Moms
Yesterday at 03:29 PM
Game - What I Like About the Southwest USA
by Karm - SW USA Editor
Southwest USA
Yesterday at 01:15 PM
All Things Southwestern USA Forum Word Game!
by Karm - SW USA Editor
Southwest USA
Yesterday at 01:14 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Connie - ADD/Sandwiches), 50 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.