Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Ebnul Karim Benzima, Morr27, purat, Kellyack91, sienawilson
56586 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56586 Members
417 Forums
111494 Topics
786325 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 273
Nancy Roussy 174
Rosie 66 156
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 132
loongdragon 111
James Andrew 109
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 70
Jilly 69
Lestie4containergardens 67
Susan - Meditation Editor 52
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#770663 - 06/30/12 12:33 AM Cheap Meals in Japan (updated w/ pix)
Tas - Japanese Culture Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

Loc: Japan
Hey folks what's up?
The new Japanese culture article will be up tomorrow, and it's particularly useful for travelers to Japan who want to save money on food.

Cheap Meals in Japan

Check it out~

Edited by Tas - Japanese Culture (11/17/12 11:12 AM)

Add Cheap Meals in Japan (updated w/ pix) to Twitter Add Cheap Meals in Japan (updated w/ pix) to Facebook Add Cheap Meals in Japan (updated w/ pix) to MySpace Add Cheap Meals in Japan (updated w/ pix) to Del.icio.us Digg Cheap Meals in Japan (updated w/ pix) Add Cheap Meals in Japan (updated w/ pix) to Yahoo My Web Add Cheap Meals in Japan (updated w/ pix) to Google Bookmarks Add Cheap Meals in Japan (updated w/ pix) to Stumbleupon Add Cheap Meals in Japan (updated w/ pix) to Reddit
#770838 - 07/01/12 06:09 PM Re: New article - Cheap Meals in Japan (7/1) [Re: Tas - Japanese Culture]
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger

Loc: Kansas USA
This was so interesting. My son took Japanese in high school, and he hopes to visit there one day. You provided so much great information.
Avatar: There is Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

Here is a link to my EBook.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

Add Re: New article - Cheap Meals in Japan (7/1) to Twitter Add Re: New article - Cheap Meals in Japan (7/1) to Facebook Add Re: New article - Cheap Meals in Japan (7/1) to MySpace Add Re: New article - Cheap Meals in Japan (7/1) to Del.icio.us Digg Re: New article - Cheap Meals in Japan (7/1) Add Re: New article - Cheap Meals in Japan (7/1) to Yahoo My Web Add Re: New article - Cheap Meals in Japan (7/1) to Google Bookmarks Add Re: New article - Cheap Meals in Japan (7/1) to Stumbleupon Add Re: New article - Cheap Meals in Japan (7/1) to Reddit
#770848 - 07/01/12 07:14 PM Re: New article - Cheap Meals in Japan (7/1) [Re: Tas - Japanese Culture]
Lori - Marriage Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala

Loc: Orange, CA USA
Yes, nice article! Sometimes, rice is considered a meal. For example, a "meal" on the go could be just onigiri, a ball of rice wrapped in seaweed (nori) perhaps with a salted plum in the center. Or at home, one can enjoy ochazuke, a bowl of rice with hot tea poured over it, and served with tsukemono, pickles. Those are very cheap and humble meals but satisfying ones!

Can you write an article about all of those wonderful automatic vending machines I've heard so much about? They sound fun.

BellaOnline.com Marriage
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

Dreams editor
Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Add Re: New article - Cheap Meals in Japan (7/1) to Twitter Add Re: New article - Cheap Meals in Japan (7/1) to Facebook Add Re: New article - Cheap Meals in Japan (7/1) to MySpace Add Re: New article - Cheap Meals in Japan (7/1) to Del.icio.us Digg Re: New article - Cheap Meals in Japan (7/1) Add Re: New article - Cheap Meals in Japan (7/1) to Yahoo My Web Add Re: New article - Cheap Meals in Japan (7/1) to Google Bookmarks Add Re: New article - Cheap Meals in Japan (7/1) to Stumbleupon Add Re: New article - Cheap Meals in Japan (7/1) to Reddit
#770906 - 07/02/12 09:48 AM Re: New article - Cheap Meals in Japan (7/1) [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

Thank you, Connie. I'm glad the info was useful. Yes, Japan is a very interesting country. Your son will love it!

#770907 - 07/02/12 10:00 AM Re: New article - Cheap Meals in Japan (7/1) [Re: Lori - Marriage]
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

Hi Lori,
Thanks for providing the extra info... Yup, onigiri can be bought cheaply at supermarkets and convenience stores. But I've never tried ochazuke... Okay, it's gonna be on my to-do list.

Yup, vending machines is an interesting topic to write about. I've got some ideas right now, but nothing concrete enough for a full article. I'll put it on my shortlist. Watch out for it in the upcoming months~

#771076 - 07/03/12 12:20 AM Re: New article - Cheap Meals in Japan (7/1) [Re: Tas - Japanese Culture]
Lori - Marriage Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala

Loc: Orange, CA USA
Ochazuke is so good! You can sprinkle on a variety of furikake toppings. I like the ones with bits of toasted rice crackers and seasoned seaweed flakes.

Sometimes, those little packets have green tea flakes in them so you don't need to brew tea, just pour on the hot water.

I love it. Too bad rice is not so good for my diabetes. frown

BellaOnline.com Marriage

Dreams editor
The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

#793111 - 11/17/12 11:09 AM Re: Cheap Meals in Japan [Re: Tas - Japanese Culture]
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

Here's a pic of me having soba at a train station. It may be hard to see from it, but I was standing while eating it, as were the other customers. Such stalls do not have chairs for customers, and are geared towards those in a hurry - eat the food quickly, and go catch your train. Prices are relatively cheap, from 290 yen.

Add Re: Cheap Meals in Japan to Twitter Add Re: Cheap Meals in Japan to Facebook Add Re: Cheap Meals in Japan to MySpace Add Re: Cheap Meals in Japan to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Cheap Meals in Japan Add Re: Cheap Meals in Japan to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Cheap Meals in Japan to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Cheap Meals in Japan to Stumbleupon Add Re: Cheap Meals in Japan to Reddit
#799308 - 01/06/13 08:57 PM Re: Cheap Meals in Japan [Re: Tas - Japanese Culture]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

LOL. I love this pic! You make the soba look so tasty!

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site

Add Re: Cheap Meals in Japan to Twitter Add Re: Cheap Meals in Japan to Facebook Add Re: Cheap Meals in Japan to MySpace Add Re: Cheap Meals in Japan to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Cheap Meals in Japan Add Re: Cheap Meals in Japan to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Cheap Meals in Japan to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Cheap Meals in Japan to Stumbleupon Add Re: Cheap Meals in Japan to Reddit
#799380 - 01/07/13 07:10 AM Re: Cheap Meals in Japan [Re: Lori-Dreams]
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

LOL
Wow, you remind me of myself years ago before I came to Japan and was fantasizing about living here... Why don't you come over to Japan and have a taste of it yourself? Not just the "Standing Soba", of course. smile

Moderator:  Tas - Japanese Culture 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
The Way of the Bodhisattva
by Lisa - Buddhism
Buddhism
What is your stress level today?
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
The Bar Method a Body Sculpting Workout
by Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor
Exercise
The Haunting of Chretien Point
by ParanormalHost
Paranormal
William Shakespeare or Wilhelm Shakespeare?
by Deb - Animal Life
German Culture
Weathering the Rejection Letter
by Corlia - Unemployment Editor
Unemployment
09:05 PM
What did you SPEND money on today?
by Angie
Frugal Living
08:38 PM
Extreme Frugal Confessions
by AKLisa- Knitting Editor
Frugal Living
06:42 PM
Gardening Bumper Stickers
by Francine - German Culture
Container Gardening
06:17 PM
100$ Gas Gift Card - Shell,Exxon,BP,Sunoc
co

by purat
Freebies
05:54 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
2 registered (Izeigo, Ebnul Karim Benzima), 138 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.