Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Yma, Wholesale Leggings, Letonya M., xaritsu, elina
57015 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57015 Members
417 Forums
112565 Topics
795931 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 792
Beetlemess 642
Karm - SW USA Editor 355
Nancy Roussy 178
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 135
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 131
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 122
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 120
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 106
Linu 93
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#791826 - 11/08/12 03:56 PM Disasters and Pets - New law affect you?
Diana-Exotic Pets Editor Offline
Koala

Loc: Huron, South Dakota
It isn't hard to imagine that people refused to evacuate during Hurricane Katrina because they didn't want to leave their pets behind. Many people stayed with their pets, and many died because of it. A new law was passed. Did it save lives during Hurricane Sandy?

Pets - Disasters - Did New Law Save Lives

Exotic Pets

Birds

Add Disasters and Pets - New law affect you? to Twitter Add Disasters and Pets - New law affect you? to Facebook Add Disasters and Pets - New law affect you? to MySpace Add Disasters and Pets - New law affect you? to Del.icio.us Digg Disasters and Pets - New law affect you? Add Disasters and Pets - New law affect you? to Yahoo My Web Add Disasters and Pets - New law affect you? to Google Bookmarks Add Disasters and Pets - New law affect you? to Stumbleupon Add Disasters and Pets - New law affect you? to Reddit
#792428 - 11/12/12 06:15 PM Re: Disasters and Pets - New law affect you? [Re: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor]
Koala

We're you affected by Hurricane Sandy. Did you have pets? Did you have to evacuate? Were your pets involved? Are you aware you the new PETS law. Click the link on the above post to learn about this law and how it applies to your animals and natural disasters

Exotic Pets

Birds

Add Re: Disasters and Pets - New law affect you? to Twitter Add Re: Disasters and Pets - New law affect you? to Facebook Add Re: Disasters and Pets - New law affect you? to MySpace Add Re: Disasters and Pets - New law affect you? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Disasters and Pets - New law affect you? Add Re: Disasters and Pets - New law affect you? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Disasters and Pets - New law affect you? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Disasters and Pets - New law affect you? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Disasters and Pets - New law affect you? to Reddit
#792441 - 11/12/12 09:26 PM Re: Disasters and Pets - New law affect you? [Re: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor]
Sandra Investing/HFinance Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Diana,

Thank you for letting us know of the change in the law. I have cats and went through Hurricane Sandy but didn't have to evacuate. Where we live we didn't get hit too hard. I had heard on the radio of people in shelters with their pets and wondered about that since usually they couldn't take them. I know for myself I wouldn't want to leave my furry family behind.

It's good the law is finally realizing how our four-legged and feathered friends are family too and need to be safe during a disaster as well.
Home Finance Website
Home Finance Forum

Add Re: Disasters and Pets - New law affect you? to Twitter Add Re: Disasters and Pets - New law affect you? to Facebook Add Re: Disasters and Pets - New law affect you? to MySpace Add Re: Disasters and Pets - New law affect you? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Disasters and Pets - New law affect you? Add Re: Disasters and Pets - New law affect you? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Disasters and Pets - New law affect you? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Disasters and Pets - New law affect you? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Disasters and Pets - New law affect you? to Reddit
#792692 - 11/14/12 07:38 PM Re: Disasters and Pets - New law affect you? [Re: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor]
Koala

I was thrilled to learn that people really cared enough to pass the PETS law. There is a financial side to it as well, how emergency FEMA funds can be used to assist the pets. There are many people killed because they choose to stay with their pets. I would make the same decision!
Pets - Disasters - Did New Law Save Lives

Exotic Pets

Birds

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
What are the strangest fashions you have seen?
by kangtuo
Fashion Jewelry
0 seconds ago
Why does anyone wear necklaces?
by kangtuo
Fashion Jewelry
3 minutes 5 seconds ago
What’s Your Favorite Piece of Jewelry?
by kangtuo
Fashion Jewelry
5 minutes 29 seconds ago
About Fashion....!
by kangtuo
Fashion Jewelry
9 minutes 20 seconds ago
Lisa's Daily 10pm EST / 8pm MST Meditation
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Meditation
45 minutes 18 seconds ago
Budget Bytes Book Review
by Dianne W - Editor
Home Finance
55 minutes 52 seconds ago
Post Here to FIND or BE a beta reader of fiction!
Fiction Writing
Today at 09:43 PM
How do YOU watch a series?
by Dianne W - Editor
Action Movies
Today at 09:31 PM
How to Prepare for an Interview
by Dianne W - Editor
Job Search
Today at 09:25 PM
What do you Have for Breakfast?
Low Carb
Today at 09:25 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (kangtuo), 120 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.