logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 87 of 95 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 94 95
I love my dogs and yes there are times when I too prefer them to humans, lol. I have a King Charles Cavelier and a Shi tsu/Cavelier cross, though she's 95% Shi tsu. I prefer the female gender of dogs. They are actually more loyal and protective than the males. Hmm I can say that about humans too, lol. Blessings Margaret aka Maggie

Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
I too preffer animals over humans. I sadly don't have any pets right now but I am planning on adopting the instant I have some things figured out (mainly finding a job...if i do find 1 i want to move again....i dont want to adopt a pet in that situation...it would be mean to spend all day with him/her/them then to leave several hours a day 5 days a week then to move to an appartment which is of course smaller than a house and without a yard plus here theres forests and mountains and rivers so thats an excellent place to walk a dog). I always have lived with my parents and my mom is allergic so I never had a pet with fur. I have had many Glodfish, two Aquatic Turtle (at different times), one White Dove (she ended up in our yard...my mom was able to catch her and we then adopted her...we never find out if she was let out by accident or on purpose..she had a ring on that we asked the doc to take off), one female and one male (he was given to our veterinarian and we adopted her...he liked Cocotte our female who had been with us for a few years but she did not liked him..haha) Gray Cockatiel. I'd love to have a dog but honestly I love all animals (except spiders...i dont hate them but its a phobia) so I am open to adopt any animal!

OP Offline
Pets are wonderful. I debated for a long time before I adopted a pet. Marvin, my little Pomeranian, has brought so much joy into my life. We found each other at the right time and he is very happy in his new home. He is 12 years old and I feel very fortunate to have found him and be the one to provide his forever home and lots of TLC. smile

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
That's Pretty !! smile !!!

Gotta take care of the baby with his forever and ever home !!

Pretty smile

Phyliss you do realise that Pomeranian's usually only have a life span of 12 years, up to 16 yrs if their well cared for and of good stock. You're very kind to take in a dog of that age. Did the previous owner pass away? My Cavalier is nearly ten years old, and her heart in now in the same state as mine (reguritation of the heart valves). So now she gets puffed out and only has short walks in the cool of the day. I'm going to cry my eyes out when she passes, but I know my Shi Tzu whose nearly two years old will give me lots of cuddles. Take care Margaret

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
It is wonderful that the little guy will spend his last years with you, Phyllis. I bet you two will have some really good times together.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
OP Offline
Thank you, Burt, that is so sweet of you.

Maggie, yes, I do realize that Marvin may only have a few more years -- hopefully he will live longer. I do have hopes that he will have a lot more time, for , he is already healthier and more energetic now that he is receiving proper care and lots of love.

Debbie, Yes, it is wonderful. Marvin is so happy here and already has his routine set. If I do not get to bed by 10PM, he starts running back and forth to the bedroom and me on the computer, till I give up and tuck him in his IBM box bed, which he loves. I put two soft blankets in the box and he waits till I fluff them up before he crawls in, circles, finds his comfort spot then sits up till I get in bed and say "nite nite". He is such a joy!

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Sounds like you two are really getting along nicely. That's great, Phyllis.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
I love Burt's new kitty picture!

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Ok....so where IS everybody?

I just got done cleanin' up the back porch, and now I am on the front porch, a sweepin' and a cleanin'. The throw blankets for the rockers and swing have been washed and are hangin' out on the lines to dry. The place is lookin' pretty good. I can put the coffee on if anyone wants to pay a visit and sit a spell.

Maybe I ought to bake somethin', too. That may bring some folks around. Perhaps a mixed berry pie with the berries Granpappy picked last year. I have a few containers left in the freezer I can dig on out and use up.

Yep....I have strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries here. I think I will fire up the oven and get goin' on that pie. It will be a good sized one, judgin' from the amount of berries I've got, so I will get out the massive pie plate Phyllis likes to use when she makes her famous chicken pot pie that feeds a crowd.

Hmmmm.....who's that now comin' up the road?

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Page 87 of 95 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 94 95

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.