Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hello Everyone,

Well now ... when are you not busy?

Doesn't really matter what you do or where you work or what your family obligations are because we are ALL BUSY in our own ways. I know that a Mom may disagree as might a Nursing Sister or a CEO of any company or anyone really ... but if they like to garden in their spare time, full time, as a hobby or as a realtime pursuit, TIME COUNTS.

It is more precious than rubies, that we know too - but mostly we want to enjoy our container gardens and not only see them as choreful have-to-do centres that leave us exhausted and not really finding the time to enjoy them.

What time saving tips do you have to pass on to others? What are some of the tricks of the 'trade' you can share?

Please say your say - no matter whether you think others will or won't be interested in your shortcuts. I am betting they will be thankful for whatever you say and that it will certainly suit someone somewhere. Help Wanted Please!

Cheers now -

Last edited by Lestie - ContainerGardens; 11/13/12 06:35 PM.

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hello Everyone,

WATERING has to be at the top of the list here as one of the possible downsides of container gardening is that this has to be done at least once a day if not more often depending on where you live. So, some time-savers in connection with only watering include:

REMEMBER to do it it! I have often come across people who keep meaning to do it but lose plants because they just forget.

GROUP your containers together correctly so that those that need a weekly water get it as do those who want a daily one.

CHOOSE your watering time/s and stick to it/them - that way it becomes a habit and you just can.

BUCKET: Another time saver to do with watering is to have a bucket of water on the balcony with a small jug. Keep it filled so that you can water easily and quickly and in measured amounts - you won't have to get out and set up the water hose or pipe all the time.

XERISCAPE: or waterwise plants like succulents and cacti could be a way to go when choosing your plants for your containers. They do not need watering as often as other plants and also make for lower maintenance gardening.

CONTAINERS: Ceramic containers and pots lose water more quickly than plastic pots. Plastic pots are not always so pretty - so plant within a pot, job done!

Add your own? Great and I say thanks...

Last edited by Lestie - ContainerGardens; 11/18/12 09:15 AM.

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.

Moderated by  Lestie - ContainerGardens 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.