Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hello all and all,

Here is my answer to Webs posting that for some reason I can't put up on the original site. I think it is an interesting subject to explore and since I am a senior, I thought I could find a home for it here!

To start off Webs wanted to do a survey for academic reasons on hotel gifts and green practices by using a raw url. I suggested she/he write more on the research by posting more detail and waiting for replies. Well she/he mentioned two of the subjects for the research, so here we go ... hey Webs, hope you pick this up somehow and hope too that others will explore the topic anyway.

Hello Webs and all,

Oh dear and now I will certainly give away the fact that I am not in my twenties or thirties or forties or dare I climb any higher! But did you know those little sewing kits you sometimes get as an hotel gift used to be call a housewife (pronounced huss-if) A 'hussif' has come in useful on two occasions for me I always kept them and still have a couple and on others I have certainly used up miniature soaps and creams and shampoos etc. Yep, you bet I love the giveaways.

The fragrances and memories attached of my holiday would make me go back to that hotel again and again for sure.

The most unusual gift I got from an hotel was a writers pack made up of a notebook with my initials (!) and pen (a Parker jotter) engraved with my name, with info on London, which bus to catch to go to where and a get back home safely to the hotel card with the manager's telecontact number. Oh you have to bet I felt very special. Sadly the hotel was closed and it is a residence or something else now. Anyway. Thanks for making me think of that Webs, memories are so nice.

And as for green thinking and management practices (like catching rainwater or using grey water for their beautiful gardens) or using and feeding me organic foods and dolphin- friendly tuna etc - well you bet I will be back and likewise would recommend them to all and sundry without hesitation. Ah well, cheers now, maybe it is time to fatten up my pig and see where and how far he will allow me to travel?

By the way - are there any other seniors who have opinions on the hotels they have stayed in recently? Were there giveaways? Were there 'green' management practices promised and done?

Cheers now

Last edited by Lestie - ContainerGardens; 11/10/12 07:46 PM.

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hi there all,

A good gift idea that a colleague of mine has just got from a B&B she stayed in recently was a transparent toiletries case, very small but big enough to house a toothbrush, small 'seethru' bottles of shampoo and conditioner, a hand cream and a small bar of soap. And I think she said toothpaste, yes there must have been some. There was a small comb ... but this she did not find particulary useful.

With the security required at airports she said this is going to be a very useful giveaway for her the next time she flies anywhere.

She added a lipstick and some plasters. She said she also liked the chocolates she found on her pillow at night when returning to her room. Not a new idea but still, it was a giveaway that had impact and made her stay the more enjoyable.

While not really a giveaway, another thing she really liked was that the manager of the B&B gave out a short but meaningful evaluation form on her last night and the next morning at breakfast came to thank her personally for having filled it out, asked a few questions about what she had said; and she felt her effort was well made as he was sincerely interested in what she had written.

Okay then and I say cheers,

Last edited by Lestie - ContainerGardens; 11/13/12 05:26 PM.

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.

Moderated by  Hazel-SeniorTravel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.