Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Phyllis....I agree that Theresa Caputo can be a bit "Hollywood". However, some episodes of her shows are better than others. I have seen some episodes where the readings are very "real", and they have brought me to tears with the messages received and effect on the loved ones left behind. Even with all the drama, family events, and other things going on in the show, I like it enough to catch it every week. Perhaps you watched one of her not-so-great episodes. I don't think she is in control of how content is edited.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Good points Phyllis!! They've run through my mind, but I usually get destracted by someone or thing and I don't mention what you've pointed out.

Delivery - boy is that a big deal.

With readings especially, if a person shows up with something set in their minds to happen a certain way and it doesn't, messages that DO come through can become, well, left wayward in a sense.

Platform-Psychics or sensitives/readers, when they have contracts and publicists, etc., not only do they have to work (as you mention) with Spirit, as it comes to them, but also, viewers, "numbers $" and company investors.

Producing in a limited amounto ftime, and directed to do it in a certain way, I'd have a hard time with that.

Me, if I'm not getting a read, I'm at that stage where I just have to say so and ask if there's another issue we could possibly move on to. smile

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I like all of them. I was only commenting on how they give messages.

It was fascinating to sit really close to where he stood. The energy of the room was electrifying. He even made a comment about the "energy" in the room, that it felt very positive.

I'm starting to give when I'm getting more and more. In the past, I kept it to myself unless the person was engaged and asking. But now, people are more open and I feel that if something comes through, it is because they need or want to hear it.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Debbie, that is good that you feel that way with Theresa Caputo and I am sure it is helpful for you on your spiritual journey. Different psychics resonate with different people. I do not resonate with her. I can almost immediately sense when a psychic, or any person, is right for my own knowledge and gifts.

I resonate strongly with Sylvia Brown and John Edward and enjoy watching them. I once lived less than a mile from Sylvia Brown and every time I went by her home, I felt good vibrations.

One thing that bothered me with Theresa Caputo is that she approaches people and begins giving them a reading without asking first. That really bothers me. If I want a reading for myself or a loved one, I ask for one or I do my own reading. I do not appreciate it when one just blurts out what they think without the common courtesy of being asked. That is just common ethics among people with psychic gifts. There are spiritual laws that must be respected. smile

Last edited by PhyllisFolkMythAppalachia; 11/13/12 02:18 AM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Fair points well made, Phyllis. I agree that spiritual laws should be respected. And certainly people are drawn to or not drawn to others for various reasons, and it is a personal thing.

I don't like every one of Theresa's shows and I pretty much focus on the readings that are being done in the privacy of her home, or in the home of the person she is giving a reading to. The other stuff is a filler in the show and I don't care for it. I think Theresa has a very outgoing and boisterous nature and personality. It is just who she is. It unfortunately carries over into her spiritual business, which can take people by surprise and may actually be a turn off. People are desperate to hear from their deceased loved ones so they will give her their time.

I have liked John Edwards for years, but I have not seen Sylvia Brown. I hope to some day, just to get her take on things.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Lori-

Like you, I have often kept my messages to myself (trying not to let everyone know that I was sensitive). On other occasions, I have found myself just blurting them out (because I was being pushed so by the energy).

Being courteous and asking never really occurred to me as a spiritual-law, until it was posted in another forum here. I can't remember who posted it, but it was extremely appreciated by me.

While, my messages have mostly been accurate, I am still amazed at what spirit brings forth. I am still amazed when I ask for information and it presents itself immediately. I am still amazed when I tell someone something and it is exactly what they were waiting to hear. I am also still amazed every time I share a message from a deceased with someone and they explain that I have pegged the personality to the "T".

So, while Teresa Caputo is wild and boisterous, like Phyllis said, some seers just jive better with some human-spirits and some jive betters with others.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
N
N
I once watched a show with Sylvia Brown and she said that everyone was thirty years old on the other side and that black magic and things like that do not exist. I had a problem with her attitude (i hate the way she replies and talks to people...i believe that sometimes there are many people from the other side screaming at them to be heard BUT its not an excuse to be rude and insensitive...John Edward gets sometimes annoyed but he is never rude and insensitive) and when I heard her say that that was when I knew she is not for real. Plus all her ridiculous premonitions that she has made throughout the years, those are really funny.

I like John Edward and think he is for real. Me and my mom would love to get a reading from him.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Not "everyone" is 30 years old on the other side. And first, she should clarify exactly about "where" on the other side she is speaking. There are many dimensions "on the other side."

In one particular dimension, yes, the spirits there have etheric bodies that appear to be around the earth age of 30. But there are places where there are young souls, spirits of children and on the other end of the spectrum, older souls who prefer the wizened appearance of a grey-haired sage.

In *nearly all* places, black magic does not exist. But there is a realm of exactly that.

Like any psychic, Sylvia only reports on what she has witnessed and experienced personally. And her role at this time is to be a medium which is a bridge between the living and the dead. It is a clear but focused perspective and she focuses only upon that and does not see much beyond.

I do not know why she can have an insensitive manner at times. This might be chalked up to her health, age, celebrity. {shrug} It can get tiring to deal with both the living and the dead. I've read some of her books and she described quite a trying life. She's also had to deal with a lot of detractors, critics and skeptics that challenge her constantly. That can get old.

What really surprises me, however, is how she will venture into prediction and prophesy. That is a very nebulous field because it is continually changing depending upon how we exercise our free will, individually and collectively. She opened herself up for scorn and ridicule with her inaccurate predictions.

Her church is struggling, too, with a lot of internal problems. Not a good sign.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I saw John Edward in person at a Hollywood show taping. He was very close and I got to see him in action.

What I don't understand about John, and other mediums, is how they just don't spill it out without having to ask for confirmation continually. It's reasonable to ask for some confirmation in the beginning so you know that you've tuned into the right connection but after that...just tell what it coming through.

That's the purest way for me to deliver a message. I just say what I see or hear or feel.

Teresa Caputo is a pip. Love her uniqueness. Love the way she loves her family.

To me, all three are the real deal. I'm concerned that Sylvia is getting clouded by her own life challenges. It is getting harder for her to remain objective. But her gift is real but just skewed at times.

Everyone has his or her own life path, gifts, perceptions. It's like comparing a rose to a daisy to a magnolia. They're all flowers with different scents/senses.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
N
N
When she said that black magic and things like that did not exist she was talking about this side (im not too sure since this has been a few years [i should ask my mom tomorrow..she will remember] but i think she may also have said that there are no bad spirits...she should really speak to my mom about that and MANY other people if she thinks that BUT AGAIN IM NOT SURE SHE SAID THAT...the other 2 i remember clearly!!!!). As far as having a bad life, lots of spirits trying to come through her and many skeptics it is not an excuse to roll your eyes (i did see this OFTEN with her) to someone who is crying when talking about a loved one who is dead or vanished. Sometimes I did see John Edward roll his eyes but it was not mean spirited and every of those times the people he did that to finally went "Oh right!", in all those times everyone started to laugh. I heard him say several times that he does say what he sees or/and hears so he does not say almost nothing or general things on purpose.

I only have met one psychic in person and that was not a psychic like these two. I just sit down and let her say what she saw. Everything except three things (1 has to do with my old age...she said that she saw me old and healthy in a rocking chair on a porch of a white house...hopefully the healthy part is true!!!) was right or did happened. The things that has not happened yet is me marrying a younger man (i have had online readings and they too said that my husband would be younger AND [the psychic in person said that too] that he would have a job that has to do with the government) and that I would have two children (1 boy 1 girl), the husband can happen but the kids it's getting late (im 36...PLUS i am 1 of those that think theres too many people so except for the husband to be Michael Schumacher or another man i admire i dont see myself having kids UNLESS its from adopting) and I was supposed to have three vacations (1 big and 2 small...i was hoping back then the big 1 was me in the paddocks of a F1 GP to see Shumi), I have had none so far but there's a lot of time for that.

I would love to meet face to face with a psychic but I have no idea where they are here. I have an aunt that always go see one when here but she do not want to say where that psychic is. I would of tried the online website I tried many years ago but they went offline before I moved here in 2009, I don't know what place to try.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Elleise - Clairvoyance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.