Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
bcdefg870695, madhvi, daves101, debbiebbb, Anne_0921
56593 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56594 Members
417 Forums
111508 Topics
786408 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 274
Nancy Roussy 172
Rosie 66 154
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 135
James Andrew 108
loongdragon 108
Lestie4containergardens 73
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 63
Jilly 57
Susan - Meditation Editor 53
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#792351 - 11/11/12 11:25 PM Look at this tasty recipe for Greek meatballs
Clare - Greek Food Offline
Shark

Hello everyone. If you would like to try and make your own homemade Greek meatballs (Keftedes) then check out this simple recipe. They only take 30 minutes to cook, are very tasty and make an ideal snack or main meal smile

Homemade Keftedes

Greek Meatballs Recipe

Edited by Clare - Greek Food (11/12/12 05:49 PM)

Greek Food Site
Greek Food Twitter Profile

Add Look at this tasty recipe for Greek meatballs to Twitter Add Look at this tasty recipe for Greek meatballs to Facebook Add Look at this tasty recipe for Greek meatballs to MySpace Add Look at this tasty recipe for Greek meatballs to Del.icio.us Digg Look at this tasty recipe for Greek meatballs Add Look at this tasty recipe for Greek meatballs to Yahoo My Web Add Look at this tasty recipe for Greek meatballs to Google Bookmarks Add Look at this tasty recipe for Greek meatballs to Stumbleupon Add Look at this tasty recipe for Greek meatballs to Reddit
#792357 - 11/12/12 12:04 AM Re: Make your own Greek meatballs [Re: Clare - Greek Food]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

I love that you can bake these. Never tried to make a meatball with ground lamb. It's hard to find here.

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

Add Re: Make your own Greek meatballs to Twitter Add Re: Make your own Greek meatballs to Facebook Add Re: Make your own Greek meatballs to MySpace Add Re: Make your own Greek meatballs to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Make your own Greek meatballs Add Re: Make your own Greek meatballs to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Make your own Greek meatballs to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Make your own Greek meatballs to Stumbleupon Add Re: Make your own Greek meatballs to Reddit
#792388 - 11/12/12 08:21 AM Re: Make your own Greek meatballs [Re: Clare - Greek Food]
Shark

They are popular deep fried and taste lovely but I prefer them baked. Lamb is a great meat to use and plenty of people do but beef works brilliantly too and the outcome is just as good smile

Edited by Clare - Greek Food (11/12/12 08:26 AM)

Greek Food Site

Add Re: Make your own Greek meatballs to Twitter Add Re: Make your own Greek meatballs to Facebook Add Re: Make your own Greek meatballs to MySpace Add Re: Make your own Greek meatballs to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Make your own Greek meatballs Add Re: Make your own Greek meatballs to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Make your own Greek meatballs to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Make your own Greek meatballs to Stumbleupon Add Re: Make your own Greek meatballs to Reddit
#792416 - 11/12/12 05:13 PM Re: Make your own Greek meatballs [Re: Clare - Greek Food]
Shark

I have just cooked up a batch of delicious keftedes using lean beef and the picture has been attached to my original post. Check it out! smile

Greek Food Site

#792424 - 11/12/12 05:52 PM Re: Make your own Greek meatballs [Re: Clare - Greek Food]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

I was just asking my daughter what I should cook for dinner tonight then this popped into my email inbox. I will definitely try this. But do you want to know something odd? It seems that ground beef, which used to be the economical meat choice, costs more than other cuts. Food prices are crazy.

Anyway, I am going to make these tonight. Your idea to fill a pita and meatball then drizzle with tzatziki sauce sounds good. But I might make an orzo-rice pilaf only because I like rice. smile

Is there a Greek sauce other than the cucumber-dill tzatziki that I can use?

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor

#792431 - 11/12/12 06:36 PM Re: Make your own Greek meatballs [Re: Clare - Greek Food]
Shark

I know what you mean about the price of beef, it can be quite expensive here as well.

I hope the meatballs work out well, let me know how it goes. Got several suggestions for alternative dressings:

Yoghurt and mint
Greek tomato sauce
Lemon sauce

If any of these sound good and you need some advice, please give me a shout smile

Greek Food Site

#792432 - 11/12/12 06:38 PM Re: Make your own Greek meatballs [Re: Clare - Greek Food]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

I'd love to see the Greek tomato sauce recipe as well as the lemon sauce. I have a yoghurt and mint sauce recipe!

Thanks!

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor

#792449 - 11/12/12 10:58 PM Re: Make your own Greek meatballs [Re: Clare - Greek Food]
Shark

I hope you enjoy your meal, Lori smile Thanks for your comment, I'll be sure to do some recipes for different Greek dressings

Greek Food Site

#792462 - 11/13/12 02:31 AM Re: Make your own Greek meatballs [Re: Clare - Greek Food]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Good news and bad news. Good news is that my sister told me about this FANTASTIC Middle Eastern grocery store near her. I stopped by her place to visit with her grandbabies. I told her that I wanted to find a place that sells ground lamb.

BTW, what do you call those vibrantly pink pickles? I love them! smile

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor

#792731 - 11/14/12 08:59 PM Re: Make your own Greek meatballs [Re: Clare - Greek Food]
Shark

I hope you manage to get hold of some ground lamb to use for the recipe. I have not come across a name for the pickles but found that turnips and cucumbers are two items that can be served pink.

Greek Food Site

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Gardening Bumper Stickers
by Mona - Astronomy
Container Gardening
41 minutes 35 seconds ago
Breaking Up by Ignoring Someone
by Anne_0921
Dating
Yesterday at 11:59 PM
Lisa's Daily 10pm EST / 8pm MST Meditation
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Meditation
Yesterday at 10:42 PM
What is your stress level today?
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Yesterday at 09:22 PM
Salad Time
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Low Carb
Yesterday at 09:12 PM
De-Tethering from the Internet
Low Carb
Yesterday at 08:50 PM
What Is The Wiccan Great Rite?
by Ro Longstreet-Wicca
Wicca
Yesterday at 07:41 PM
International Dark Sky Week - Save the Night!
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Yesterday at 07:26 PM
The Gifts of ADD
Attention Deficit Disorder
Yesterday at 07:10 PM
Against Punishment for Kids with ADD
Attention Deficit Disorder
Yesterday at 06:49 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Izeigo), 91 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.