Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
DrdubbleG, mandyjones, Nicola x, Pure Bliss Handbags, LegacyPoetry
57154 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57154 Members
417 Forums
112903 Topics
799169 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 743
Beetlemess 516
Nancy Roussy 227
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 115
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 104
Mystic - Romance Movies 100
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 67
Dianne W - Editor 66
Tracy - Philosophy 56
Karm - SW USA Editor 56
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#792354 - 11/11/12 11:48 PM What did you cook today?
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Today, I made two batches of homemade cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting. Gave away one of them. smile

I'm working on a beef pot pie made with leftover beef from my pot roast. The homemade mashed potatoes will be turned into croquettes.

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

Add What did you cook today? to Twitter Add What did you cook today? to Facebook Add What did you cook today? to MySpace Add What did you cook today? to Del.icio.us Digg What did you cook today? Add What did you cook today? to Yahoo My Web Add What did you cook today? to Google Bookmarks Add What did you cook today? to Stumbleupon Add What did you cook today? to Reddit
#792772 - 11/15/12 02:38 AM Re: What did you cook today? [Re: Lori-Dreams]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Tonight, I made smothered pork chops with homemade mashed potatoes (again, I know, but my hubby is from Texas!) Also steamed broccoli and baked homemade cornbread. Everything from scratch! smile

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor

Add Re: What did you cook today? to Twitter Add Re: What did you cook today? to Facebook Add Re: What did you cook today? to MySpace Add Re: What did you cook today? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What did you cook today? Add Re: What did you cook today? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: What did you cook today? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: What did you cook today? to Stumbleupon Add Re: What did you cook today? to Reddit
#792773 - 11/15/12 02:39 AM Re: What did you cook today? [Re: Lori-Dreams]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Oh, I forgot the dirty rice! I made dirty rice with ground beef instead of the typical gizzards that make the rice "dirty." I am such a rice girl and did not want potatoes!

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor

Add Re: What did you cook today? to Twitter Add Re: What did you cook today? to Facebook Add Re: What did you cook today? to MySpace Add Re: What did you cook today? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What did you cook today? Add Re: What did you cook today? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: What did you cook today? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: What did you cook today? to Stumbleupon Add Re: What did you cook today? to Reddit
#792783 - 11/15/12 04:52 AM Re: What did you cook today? [Re: Lori-Dreams]
Yvonnie-Inspired Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Illinois, US
Lori-

My husband would love you.

Tonight, I baked a whole, organic, free-range, no antibiotics chicken stuffed with a whole onion (cut into fourths), 2 celery stalks, a bush of rosemary, a few stems of thyme, a bush of basil, and a few stems of sage, some celtic sea salt, and cracked pepper. I also roasted a stalk of brussel sprouts, an acorn squash, and steamed broccoli.

Yummy smiles all around.

#792786 - 11/15/12 04:56 AM Re: What did you cook today? [Re: Lori-Dreams]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

MMMM, Yvonnie! That sounds divine! smile I can practically smell all those aromatics in the bird. I'll bet it was delectable.

Also, I love that you served three veggies. I really need to do that instead of all the starchy sides I tend to make.

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor

#792794 - 11/15/12 05:31 AM Re: What did you cook today? [Re: Lori-Dreams]
Yvonnie-Inspired Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Lori-

I too am impressed. It was divine intervention. I had gotten so frustrated with the choices of food my daughters have been preferring and/or asking for, that I stopped cooking for awhile.

Along the way we all began eating "[censored]".

Last week, I asked my spirit guides for a solution and this meal was one of my inspired designs. Last week there was a ham with broccoli, corn, and string beans. Monday it was chili and salad. Each one has been a winner.

For the record, breakfast has been fruit only, every other day; exchanging with homemade pancakes, biscuits, or oatmeal. Lunch has been full of salad, green smoothies, and leftovers (ham sandwiches on fresh pita, bagels, or croissants was the favored). I'm starting to feel really good about our choices and whole food cooking.

#792795 - 11/15/12 05:36 AM Re: What did you cook today? [Re: Lori-Dreams]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Boy, Yvonnie, you *are* inspiring! smile

I am going to cook healthier meals now. I *did* make kale chips twice now and bought more kale to make more. Too bad, hubby and son don't care for it, but my daughter and I find them positively addictive!

(P.S. I am going to post in your forum about your guides.)

Please keep posting what you cook to keep me inspired!

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor

#792803 - 11/15/12 06:09 AM Re: What did you cook today? [Re: Lori-Dreams]
Caitlin--Home Cooking Ed. Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

Loc: Santa Cruz, CA
All of your meals sound heavenly indeed, Yvonnie! Can I come over for dinner?

Today I had leftover Quinoa and Spicy Peanut Chicken dish (see the recipe) for dinner, and made a yummy rice pudding with coconut milk and lemon for dessert. Mmmmm! Unfortunately it's not my own recipe, so I can't publish it, unless I can get permission. I'll work on that!

#792809 - 11/15/12 06:27 AM Re: What did you cook today? [Re: Caitlin--Home Cooking Ed.]
Yvonnie-Inspired Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Hi Caitlin-

I love feeding others. Come on over.

Truth is, I am moving more toward a mostly raw diet, after fighting this pull for so long. That said, I am not ready to convert anyone else so, I must still provide meals that are as nourishing as possible for my loved ones.

Have you read Nourishing Traditions? I'll bet you have. I love the comfort of cooking; it centers me and it brings me a feeling of love. So, I put a lot of loving energy into my cooking.

#792811 - 11/15/12 06:35 AM Re: What did you cook today? [Re: Lori-Dreams]
Caitlin--Home Cooking Ed. Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

Loc: Santa Cruz, CA
Thanks, Yvonnie!

I'll check out the book. Sounds a good title, anyhow.

Yes, raw diets are not for everyone. According to my dosha, in the Aurveydic tradition, raw foods are too cooling for my system, and several healers have urged me away from even raw salad (they say to wilt it. I still eat salads raw, though)! I also learned that raw foods are very hard on the digestive system, so I encourage people to have balance in their diets, not all or nothing for one plan or another.

Have fun!

#793096 - 11/17/12 06:26 AM Re: What did you cook today? [Re: Lori-Dreams]
Yvonnie-Inspired Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Peasant potatoes (with carrots, onions, leeks, celery, and herbs), asparagus, simple salad, and steak.

#793162 - 11/18/12 03:25 AM Re: What did you cook today? [Re: Lori-Dreams]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Oh, last night I went out to dinner with a friend. Guess where he wanted to eat? Barbecue. LOL.

Tonight, I made some Mexican beef and bean chimichangas topped with chili sauce and cheese, zucchini and Spanish rice.

But I'm beginning to feel sheepish announcing my unhealthy menus here. frown

On a good note, I made two more batches of fresh kale chips. They are *so* addictive!

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor

#793258 - 11/19/12 01:50 AM Re: What did you cook today? [Re: Lori-Dreams]
Maria - Prime Time TV Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: Stockbridge, GA
Turkey meatloaf, mashed potatoes, string beans...

#793269 - 11/19/12 02:10 AM Re: What did you cook today? [Re: Lori-Dreams]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Japanese gyoza, fresh spinach steamed and served with ponzu, bean sprouts, cucumber pickles.

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
2 minutes 26 seconds ago
Weekly Monday Weigh-In
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Low Carb
Today at 11:00 AM
What Yoga did you Do Today?
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Yoga
Today at 10:52 AM
New Post - Donegal Crolly Dolls
by Bee - IrishCulture
Irish Culture
Today at 07:32 AM
Earth from Space - beautiful images
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 07:32 AM
Any of you know the navaratan rings
by silvergem
Fashion Jewelry
Today at 07:31 AM
how much part jewelry play to make look ?
by silvergem
Women's Fashion
Today at 07:12 AM
Replace one word... (new game)
by Rick - Funny Flicks
Comedy Movies
Today at 07:01 AM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by Rick - Funny Flicks
Comedy Movies
Today at 07:01 AM
may I know your Shopping sense
by Rina09
Women's Fashion
Today at 06:59 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Susan - Meditation Editor), 58 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.