Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Manisha Pal, Rain_2014, EmmaIsherwood, fit4fashion, ashjoielee
57316 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57317 Members
417 Forums
113297 Topics
804037 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 719
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 393
Jana - Creativity Editor 286
Beetlemess 286
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 78
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 61
Dorcy 59
Mona - Astronomy 49
Susan - Meditation Editor 47
Linu 47
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 4 of 35 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 34 35 >
Topic Options
#792038 - 11/09/12 07:19 PM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

Loc: Mont Tremblant,quebec Can
42-Concentration power is the strength which comes from practicing Mindfulness.

Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Twitter Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Facebook Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to MySpace Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Agora of Buddhism Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Stumbleupon Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Reddit
#792095 - 11/09/12 09:11 PM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

43-Every object of the mind is itself mind.ln Buddhism,we call the objects of mind
theDharmas.Dharmas are usually grouped into 5categories.
1-bodily and physical forms
2-feelings
3-perceptions
4mental functionnings
5-consciousness

These 5 cathegories are called the :The five aggregates.

Loong

Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Twitter Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Facebook Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to MySpace Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Agora of Buddhism Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Stumbleupon Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Reddit
#792096 - 11/09/12 09:17 PM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
Lisa - Buddhism Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I think 43 has so many levels to it, and is where our practice really deepens. At first when we begin to practice mindfulness, we tend to judge our thoughts and emotions as 'good' and 'bad' - the ones we think we should change or get rid of and the ones we accept. As we continue on the path we begin to deepen our view to realize ALL our thoughts and emotions are objects of the mind, and that even includes our ideas about enlightenment and spirituality itself. Then we can really settle into a new kind of openness that allows us to experience reality directly. Before that, we are blocking it in some way, even if it's with 'positive' thoughts.
Blog: Mommy Mystic

#792142 - 11/10/12 06:11 AM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

45- The words quoted were from TNH book called The Miracle of
Mindfulness

#792314 - 11/11/12 07:19 PM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

46-I see that if one does not know how to die,one can hardly,know how to live-because death,is a part of life...

#792451 - 11/13/12 12:45 AM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

47- Just read that some people died ,not wanting to leave behind their pets.If one wants to attain Nirvana,no fetters or attachments must remain.

I for myself ,love animals more than humans.Imagine the attachment of the dead people for an animal .One chooses to die
with it's pet!

#792452 - 11/13/12 12:58 AM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

48-In The Meditation on Compassion,it is written,

Perfect in all merits,beholding all sentient beings with Compassionate eyes,making the ocean of blessings limitless.Before this one ,we should incline.Practice looking at all beings with the eyes of compassion: This is called The Meditation on compassion.

Loong's comment: Compassion and fetters are total opposites.One
can love a sentient being ,but without the
attachment,attachment creates craving ,craving
creates suffering.So people are so attached that they die with their pets!Which in reality was a source of some happiness and also suffering

Choose.

#792542 - 11/13/12 07:36 PM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

49-When your mind is liberatedyour heart floodswith Compassion:Compassion
For yourself,for having undergone countless sufferings because you were not yet able
to releive yourself of false views,hatred,ignorance,and anger;and compassion for others because they do not yet see and so are still imprisoned by false views,hatred,ignorance and continue to create suffering for themselves and for others.

Text by TNH.

Loong,s comment.Compassion when compassion becomes part of your way of
living,compassion for others does so also.Those that have not yet attained such a
distance on their path,will suffer for not being able to share such compassion with others.

#792619 - 11/13/12 11:51 PM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

50-From my sri-lankan Bhikkhu
Friends:Thought solidifies into kammically effective behaviour!The thought manifests as the word. The word manifests into acted out behaviour!
The deed develops into habit, which hardens into deep-grown stubborn character!
So watch the thought and its ways with care and let it spring from infinite friendliness;
Born out of kindness for all sentient beings. Ignorance leads to ego, Ego leads selfishness,
Selfishness leads to aversion, Aversion leads to anger,
Anger leads to hatred, Hatred leads to Suffering´┐Ż The creator of man was greed, For countless lives this was his drive.
With Ignorance at its helm, it grows! No end for it until he knows...Therefore: Watch the Thought Manifestation!

#792761 - 11/14/12 11:50 PM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

51- Hate, resentment,are tools from Mara.
Love,comprehension,compassion are tools from Buddha.
One must choose what he puts in his tool-box!

Page 4 of 35 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 34 35 >

Moderator:  Lisa - Buddhism 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
What did you SPEND money on today?
by Nancy Roussy
Frugal Living
44 minutes 5 seconds ago
What Is Space Weather? *new article*
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 04:50 PM
Word From Last Letter Game
by "Rosie"
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 04:24 PM
First Letter-Last Letter
by "Rosie"
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 04:08 PM
Cosmic Halloween Tour . . . If you dare
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 03:51 PM
Ogden garden verse game
by xmeecosmic
Container Gardening
Today at 02:00 PM
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Today at 12:40 PM
Cheese and Roasted Green Chilli Tamales Recipe
by Isabel - Mexican Food
Mexican Food
Today at 12:00 PM
Quizzes about Neuromuscular Disease
by Jori-ND Editor
Neuromuscular Diseases
Today at 11:14 AM
I Am Back Online
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Today at 10:39 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Mona - Astronomy), 152 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.