Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Sandra Gail, aznovel, N1k0le, mama paa, Ruth Sattler RN
56983 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56983 Members
417 Forums
112491 Topics
795000 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 788
Beetlemess 747
Karm - SW USA Editor 283
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 198
Nancy Roussy 181
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 155
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 122
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 115
Linu 114
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 92
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 166 of 240 < 1 2 ... 164 165 166 167 168 ... 239 240 >
Topic Options
#790901 - 11/03/12 01:28 PM Re: The Goddess [Re: ancientflaxman]
Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Thank you, Dave. I do feel that there are those here whose capacity for love and understanding far exceeds mine. It is what inspires me to continue on, and I learn so much from all of you!

I welcome everyone to join in and chat with us. I know there are many who read but do not post here. This is a safe and welcome place for all, and I hope more people will feel comfortable to let their voices be heard.

Add Re: The Goddess to Twitter Add Re: The Goddess to Facebook Add Re: The Goddess to MySpace Add Re: The Goddess to Del.icio.us Digg Re: The Goddess Add Re: The Goddess to Yahoo My Web Add Re: The Goddess to Google Bookmarks Add Re: The Goddess to Stumbleupon Add Re: The Goddess to Reddit
#790948 - 11/03/12 09:50 PM Re: The Goddess [Re: Linda, Philosophy Editor]
ancientflaxman Offline
Parakeet

Loc: in the middle of Minnesota
Debbie, maybe people don't think that they have anything to contribute on the spirituality forum. Maybe some believe that their occurrences of a spiritual nature are either too minor or insignificant to speak of.

I have never been asked a question from anyone about spirituality that was not without a sincere depth and usually profoundly thought provoking. Words may seem redundant or simple but they open doors that speak on a totally different level to many different people.

Let me site an example. I know that this sounds crazy but I have proven this with very small children and babies. When a child is born it speaks a very simple yet complete language, at least as many words or expressions as it needs within its little world... The gooos and ahhhhs of that simple language are in fact a deeply communicable conveyance. There is meaning behind each utterance that other little ones in close proximity pick up on quickly.. Put two kids of equal age together facing each other and watch them "talk" to each other. Why invariably are they more interested in each other than the adults?? We have to act stupid to gain their attention and they just have to be themselves to communicate to each other in simplicity.

Our sophisticated culture can not comprehend that such expressions and sounds have meaning yet why is it that many human adults can say 500 words and never really say anything?

Because we are "mature" and beyond such childlike actions we find that early in their life we must "convert" these little ones to our way of thinking and communication. Thus has the diminishment begun in one way while we believe that they are maturing in another..

Children also see many spiritual activities that we at an early age distract them from. They then soon see nothing of the realm of the spirit which closes down much of their creativity. For their well being in later years they have to relearn how to open up to their inner being once again as they knew very early in life. I have said this many times but it is worth repeating; The greatest prophet once told his followers to look within. That is where the real world is happening. It is not found with the natural eye but with the spiritual "eye" found inside of all of us..

No question or statement is immature. Immaturity is having too much fear to share our inner thoughts however simplistic that they may seem.. I believe that we dam-up the river within and that can only hurt us. As with much of the world of the spirit the "least" many times has the most content. The "greatest" leaves little room for exploration, expression, and ultimate growth. dave

Edited by ancientflaxman (11/03/12 10:21 PM)

Add Re: The Goddess to Twitter Add Re: The Goddess to Facebook Add Re: The Goddess to MySpace Add Re: The Goddess to Del.icio.us Digg Re: The Goddess Add Re: The Goddess to Yahoo My Web Add Re: The Goddess to Google Bookmarks Add Re: The Goddess to Stumbleupon Add Re: The Goddess to Reddit
#790958 - 11/04/12 01:18 AM Re: The Goddess [Re: ancientflaxman]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Many good points well made, Dave. Thank you.

#790963 - 11/04/12 01:26 AM Re: The Goddess [Re: Linda, Philosophy Editor]
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

Loc: Kansas USA
Debbie, what I have found is that people will just lurk until something strikes them and they MUST sign up for the forum. I love the lurkers, but the posters bring me great joy.

Edited by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches (11/04/12 01:27 AM)
Avatar: There is Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

Here is a link to my EBook.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

#791123 - 11/05/12 02:13 AM Re: The Goddess [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

That's great, Connie!

#792153 - 11/10/12 11:43 AM Re: The Goddess [Re: Linda, Philosophy Editor]
TarotByLeaMarie Offline

HOw do I get that?

#792218 - 11/10/12 08:15 PM Re: The Goddess [Re: Linda, Philosophy Editor]
Phyllis Doyle Burns Offline
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Reno, NV
Good point about the "lurkers", Connie -- I do prefer the term "seekers" though, for they are seeking what they want to find out more about.

I do a lot of "seeking" throughout the forums till I find what connects with me. smile

#792242 - 11/11/12 12:57 AM Re: The Goddess [Re: Linda, Philosophy Editor]
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

Loc: Kansas USA
Seekers definitely sounds sweeter, Phyllis. I think that we all seek what we need. However, I was an unabashed lurker!
Avatar: There is Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

Here is a link to my EBook.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

#792313 - 11/11/12 07:13 PM Re: The Goddess [Re: Linda, Philosophy Editor]
Phyllis Doyle Burns Offline
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Reno, NV
hahahaha .... you are so fun, Connie.

I really like this forum. So many people over the years have come here to express their spirituality, or to seek help. It is a warm and loving place to be.

#792477 - 11/13/12 06:56 AM Re: The Goddess [Re: Linda, Philosophy Editor]
ancientflaxman Offline
Parakeet

Loc: in the middle of Minnesota
Some of the greatest times of sadness for me has been observing fear and desperation within individuals and watching it drive hope and dreams of a better life away from that soul. I must be without a doubt one of the weirdest people on the planet because when others are singing the blues, literally, I am whistling or humming Buxtehude, Bach, Handel, or H.Purcell.

Bear with me please.

I sing from the long forgotten Freylinghausen and Catholische Geistliche Kirchenges´┐Żngbuch when it looks like our country is on fiscal cliff.

When the gross national index and the doomers and gloomers of economic forecasting spell out our nations demise, the words and melodies of Schalling, Neumark, Brachel, and Heermann take me to a different world.

When my children were young and my other half and I had no money left after payday we would gather around the table or in the car on the way to somewhere and sing. We left no room for unhappiness. We sang little simple songs like, du du leigst mir im herzen - you place me in your heart, or mein hut der hat drei ecken- my hat it has three corners, or numerous other melodies that gave us something to live for and hope for.

When we could not pay a bill that was really bearing down hard on us we would sing,:Mine eyes have seen the glory" or, "When Irish eyes are smiling."

My kids probably don't even remember those songs from back then but my point is that we seem in this time to have let go of the beauty that is almost unfathomable within us.

Many deeply spiritual folks know what the "majesty of the soul" truly is. It has nothing to do with outside appearances. It is not governed by our accumulations or surroundings but by a far deeper reason for getting up in the morning.

We have allowed ourselves to call the majestic, the glorious, and the grandiose, "foolish, unprofitable, and unnecessary" and in doing so some of the most undiscovered gifted beings on earth are as dogs in the pound waiting for their fate to be unfolded.

It doesn't matter who originally said "give me liberty or give me death" but if fear and/or simple survival is my only focus then I am gladly outa here.

I have said all of this to say," Look at the majesty within. Look at the possibilities!!" When all around us appears barren we have to look deeper. My family told me many times,"There is a river of life inside or you. Allow it to flow!!"

She has also shown us that there is no greater power than that which is within. Misusing it is learned from the short- lived folly of man. Using it to productively correct, build, and unify is the eternal plan of the Mother. No soul is beyond reach and every being is a vital part of the whole entity. Blessed Be

Page 166 of 240 < 1 2 ... 164 165 166 167 168 ... 239 240 >

Moderator:  Debbie-SpiritualityEditor 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Critters and Climate in the Southwest USA
by Karm - SW USA Editor
Southwest USA
3 seconds ago
New game
by Karm - SW USA Editor
History
7 minutes 51 seconds ago
First and last letter Worldwide Recipe Game!
by Karm - SW USA Editor
American Regional Cuisine
17 minutes 14 seconds ago
New Game - Collectibles!
by Karm - SW USA Editor
Coin Collecting
23 minutes 24 seconds ago
New Game - Hobbies!
by Karm - SW USA Editor
Candlemaking
24 minutes 36 seconds ago
Shopping at Walmart Game
by Karm - SW USA Editor
Home Finance
26 minutes 36 seconds ago
Word From Last Letter Game
by Karm - SW USA Editor
Contests & Sweepstakes
29 minutes 32 seconds ago
All Things Southwestern USA Forum Word Game!
by Karm - SW USA Editor
Southwest USA
34 minutes 54 seconds ago
Low Income Students and College
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
School Reform
36 minutes 57 seconds ago
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
52 minutes 2 seconds ago
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 173 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.