Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Camilahart12, cindimac, Tina Tourist, Indian55, aambroise
57024 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57024 Members
417 Forums
112583 Topics
796086 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 836
Beetlemess 641
Karm - SW USA Editor 355
Nancy Roussy 177
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 133
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 122
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 121
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 118
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 102
Linu 68
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#791010 - 11/04/12 05:47 AM Re: Religious Views in Japanese Society [Re: Tas - Japanese Culture]
Francine - German Culture Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Germany/France

I loved re-learning evolution through everything the boys were studying at the time. And of course they had far more advanced learning materials than were available when I was a kid, so it made everything come alive.

Checking their homework was both great fun and fascinating.

Interesting to read, if I understood it correctly, that the Japanese Emperor really does do so very little. Amazing in a modern country and for this day and age.

And think quite a few have beliefs along your lines as far as religion goes, even more so when wars and church scandals are factored in, so you are quite safe from lynching.

Over the last years there has been quite a crisis one way or another as far as religion goes in Germany, even though the current Pope is a German.

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRUECKE Cologne, the CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. Photo "Der Wolf im Wald" with Plantu's "European Dove of Peace 2012". Western Europe has enjoyed the longest period of peace in its history, and in 2012 the EU won the Nobel Prize for Peace.

Add Re: Religious Views in Japanese Society to Twitter Add Re: Religious Views in Japanese Society to Facebook Add Re: Religious Views in Japanese Society to MySpace Add Re: Religious Views in Japanese Society to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Religious Views in Japanese Society Add Re: Religious Views in Japanese Society to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Religious Views in Japanese Society to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Religious Views in Japanese Society to Stumbleupon Add Re: Religious Views in Japanese Society to Reddit
#791012 - 11/04/12 05:53 AM Re: Religious Views in Japanese Society [Re: Tas - Japanese Culture]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Ah, but Tas, we all are divine beings.

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

Add Re: Religious Views in Japanese Society to Twitter Add Re: Religious Views in Japanese Society to Facebook Add Re: Religious Views in Japanese Society to MySpace Add Re: Religious Views in Japanese Society to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Religious Views in Japanese Society Add Re: Religious Views in Japanese Society to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Religious Views in Japanese Society to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Religious Views in Japanese Society to Stumbleupon Add Re: Religious Views in Japanese Society to Reddit
#791015 - 11/04/12 06:10 AM Re: Religious Views in Japanese Society [Re: Francine - German Culture]
Tas - Japanese Culture Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

Loc: Japan
I'm not sure if the emperor actually does ANYTHING besides coming out and greeting the people twice a year. The media never reports about what he does.

News reports related to the royal family include documenting princess Aiko's first day at elementary school, rumors of her being bullied by classmates and such trivial matters. Recently, there had been debates among politicians on whether to allow females to succeed the throne, and to retain their royal status after marriage. This was when the emperor only had a daughter, but no sons. These debates were axed after the empress bore a baby son.

And that's it. No news on anything the emperor actually does or says, even in the aftermath of the 3/11 Great Kanto Earthquake last year.

Wars and conflicts would drop to a historic low if only all religions are eliminated from the face of the earth. Alas, this is not to be.

#791016 - 11/04/12 07:06 AM Re: Religious Views in Japanese Society [Re: Lori-Dreams]
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

LOL

#791018 - 11/04/12 07:55 AM Re: Religious Views in Japanese Society [Re: Tas - Japanese Culture]
Ninjahedgewych Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Portsmouth, England
I had a great time wandering around the temples and sacred spaces in Japan when I was there 1989-90, particularly the more remote ones. At one point I think I was mistaken for a Kappa or a Tengu by a group of local monks I met one snowy day on a remote mountain pass in the Japanese Alps. Some of my best memories smile

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama

#792266 - 11/11/12 09:34 AM Re: Religious Views in Japanese Society [Re: Ninjahedgewych]
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

Wow, what shrines and temples have you been to?

#792267 - 11/11/12 09:48 AM Re: Religious Views in Japanese Society [Re: Tas - Japanese Culture]
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

Here're pix of the part of the imperial palace where the public can see the emperor and the empress. There are only 2 days in the entire year where the palace is open for such an occasion.
The 1st pic is before the emperor came out...

And this one is when he finally appeared... I couldn't get a clear shot at the emperor and empress.This is the full-sized pic, but you still can't see 'em clearly.

#793103 - 11/17/12 08:15 AM Re: Religious Views in Japanese Society [Re: Tas - Japanese Culture]
Ninjahedgewych Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Portsmouth, England
I went to most of the main shrines in Tokyo, finding the temple to the 47 ronin particularly atmospheric and conducive to evocation and invocation. The "Ninja Temple" in Kanazawa (naturally smile ), That huge temple in Nara with the rather aggressive deer who were good for practising my timing and distance with. Also quite a few shrines/small temples out in the wilds of Ueno district,and what used to be the Iga and Koga regions.

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Tas - Japanese Culture 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
2014 Eating Log
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
2 seconds ago
What did you dream about last night?
by Nancy Roussy
Dreams
4 minutes 13 seconds ago
What Is Your Philosophy On Life
by Tracy - Philosophy
Philosophy
41 minutes 57 seconds ago
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
46 minutes 24 seconds ago
30 Day Challenge - Might Change Your Life
by Tracy - Philosophy
Philosophy
57 minutes 58 seconds ago
Kidnapped Nigerian girls: should we get involved?
by Andria B - Human Rights
Human Rights
Today at 12:22 PM
Sedentary Lifestyle Risk
by BB -Body Care
Body Care
Today at 12:21 PM
21 Ways to Enhance Your Life with ADD
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 12:15 PM
100 days of gratitude
by Lynne - ChristianLiving
Christian Living
Today at 09:27 AM
How to Draw Anime & Game Characters
by RoseEnglish
Computer - Console Gaming Help
Today at 07:18 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Nancy Roussy), 71 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.