Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

I loved re-learning evolution through everything the boys were studying at the time. And of course they had far more advanced learning materials than were available when I was a kid, so it made everything come alive.

Checking their homework was both great fun and fascinating.

Interesting to read, if I understood it correctly, that the Japanese Emperor really does do so very little. Amazing in a modern country and for this day and age.

And think quite a few have beliefs along your lines as far as religion goes, even more so when wars and church scandals are factored in, so you are quite safe from lynching.

Over the last years there has been quite a crisis one way or another as far as religion goes in Germany, even though the current Pope is a German.

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Ah, but Tas, we all are divine beings.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
I'm not sure if the emperor actually does ANYTHING besides coming out and greeting the people twice a year. The media never reports about what he does.

News reports related to the royal family include documenting princess Aiko's first day at elementary school, rumors of her being bullied by classmates and such trivial matters. Recently, there had been debates among politicians on whether to allow females to succeed the throne, and to retain their royal status after marriage. This was when the emperor only had a daughter, but no sons. These debates were axed after the empress bore a baby son.

And that's it. No news on anything the emperor actually does or says, even in the aftermath of the 3/11 Great Kanto Earthquake last year.

Wars and conflicts would drop to a historic low if only all religions are eliminated from the face of the earth. Alas, this is not to be.

Ching Kin Min
Japanese Culture
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
LOL

Ching Kin Min
Japanese Culture
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I had a great time wandering around the temples and sacred spaces in Japan when I was there 1989-90, particularly the more remote ones. At one point I think I was mistaken for a Kappa or a Tengu by a group of local monks I met one snowy day on a remote mountain pass in the Japanese Alps. Some of my best memories smile

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Wow, what shrines and temples have you been to?

Ching Kin Min
Japanese Culture
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Here're pix of the part of the imperial palace where the public can see the emperor and the empress. There are only 2 days in the entire year where the palace is open for such an occasion.
The 1st pic is before the emperor came out...

And this one is when he finally appeared... I couldn't get a clear shot at the emperor and empress.This is the full-sized pic, but you still can't see 'em clearly.

Ching Kin Min
Japanese Culture
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I went to most of the main shrines in Tokyo, finding the temple to the 47 ronin particularly atmospheric and conducive to evocation and invocation. The "Ninja Temple" in Kanazawa (naturally smile ), That huge temple in Nara with the rather aggressive deer who were good for practising my timing and distance with. Also quite a few shrines/small temples out in the wilds of Ueno district,and what used to be the Iga and Koga regions.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.