Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
KeithB18, Bella Marie, Glady, rani singh, Alycia cullern
57339 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57340 Members
417 Forums
113325 Topics
804650 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 870
Beetlemess 454
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 323
Jana - Creativity Editor 316
Dorcy 64
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 60
Sandra Investing/HFinance 60
Susan - Meditation Editor 46
Mona - Astronomy 46
Dianne W - Editor 40
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#792172 - 11/10/12 03:19 PM Container Garden Decor
Lestie - ContainerGardens Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Hello All and Everyone, I really hope this finds you well and happy and not so tired now that the presidential elections are over!

So now you can get back to thinking about the really important things in life like getting your Container Garden space all 'gussied up' as Sandra Bullock might say.

Go to the CG web site by scrolling down to the link to read the latest article then come back and share some of your ideas with us - that would be great and so I will say thanks!

Cheers now

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.

Add Container Garden Decor to Twitter Add Container Garden Decor to Facebook Add Container Garden Decor to MySpace Add Container Garden Decor to Del.icio.us Digg Container Garden Decor Add Container Garden Decor to Yahoo My Web Add Container Garden Decor to Google Bookmarks Add Container Garden Decor to Stumbleupon Add Container Garden Decor to Reddit
#792186 - 11/10/12 05:19 PM Re: Container Garden Decor [Re: Lestie - ContainerGardens]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

I LOVE this article, Lestie! You have some fantastic ideas!

At a farmer's market, a woman was selling container gardens. A few had some cute, miniature scenes. They were so whimsical. They made wonderful gifts.

I'm going to try to implement some of your ideas in my container gardens. Thanks for the great tips!

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

Add Re: Container Garden Decor to Twitter Add Re: Container Garden Decor to Facebook Add Re: Container Garden Decor to MySpace Add Re: Container Garden Decor to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Container Garden Decor Add Re: Container Garden Decor to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Container Garden Decor to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Container Garden Decor to Stumbleupon Add Re: Container Garden Decor to Reddit
#792239 - 11/11/12 12:03 AM Re: Container Garden Decor [Re: Lestie - ContainerGardens]

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Hi there Lori and some Goldy Oldies,

Smile now!

Does anyone remember those old bakelite LP records they made before records were made from vinyl before Dvds were even a twinkle in any/somebody's eye?

Well as kids we used to heat them up, they melted/softened so that you could change their shape which we did. Then we made miniature gardens for flower show competitions. Ah that was fun then and guess in some circles it would still be so.

You are right about them making nice gifts - though today one could use a deep saucer/drip tray or shallow fruit bowl shaped pot with drainage holes.

Creativity rules I say and the Geese are gettig fat.

Cheers now

Container Gardening Site

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.

Add Re: Container Garden Decor to Twitter Add Re: Container Garden Decor to Facebook Add Re: Container Garden Decor to MySpace Add Re: Container Garden Decor to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Container Garden Decor Add Re: Container Garden Decor to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Container Garden Decor to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Container Garden Decor to Stumbleupon Add Re: Container Garden Decor to Reddit
#792621 - 11/14/12 12:25 AM Re: Container Garden Decor [Re: Lestie - ContainerGardens]

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Hi All and all,

How would you use one of those concertina type screens - you know the ones that can fold up? The first is made of wood with narrow strip hardboard inserts.

Also, (and sadly) an hospital (small day clinic) just recently closed and there was an auction of beds and cupboards and such. A colleague of mine inherited (amongst other stuff) two hospital privacy screens on wheels with material curtaining inserts.

Any ideas? Could you/would you use them somehow in your container garden or on your deck come patio come balcony?

Thanks for any input,

Cheers ...

Container Gardening Site

#792756 - 11/14/12 11:06 PM Re: Container Garden Decor [Re: Lestie - ContainerGardens]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Wow, those would make excellent screen dividers to section off areas on your patio or in your garden/lawn when you have parties. There are some guests who love to meander through private areas to chat in a cozier setting than stand around in large groups.

Mini-sitting areas, meditation rooms or even an outdoor dressing area for those with hot tubs.

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

#792900 - 11/15/12 09:25 PM Re: Container Garden Decor [Re: Lestie - ContainerGardens]

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Gee Lori - this is a good reply and fab ideas - I have others to add too and will do so in another post, just wanted to say hi and thanks to you.
Cheers now

Container Gardening Site

Moderator:  Lestie - ContainerGardens 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by Beetlemess
Comedy Movies
12:52 PM
Shopping at Costco Game
by Beetlemess
Sandwiches
12:48 PM
First Letter-Last Letter
by Beetlemess
Attention Deficit Disorder
12:43 PM
Music ABC game
by Beetlemess
Pop Music
12:42 PM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Beetlemess
Contests & Sweepstakes
12:07 PM
Shopping at Walmart Game
by Beetlemess
Home Finance
12:06 PM
Cosmic Halloween Tour . . . If you dare
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
07:48 AM
Ogden garden verse game
by xmeecosmic
Container Gardening
07:25 AM
Star-gazing – Seeing in Dim Light *new*
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
06:05 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 54 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.