Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
davmartin, vebuskeder, Ladybugz, LLTC, ethniccode
57298 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57298 Members
417 Forums
113263 Topics
803530 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 594
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 368
Beetlemess 299
Jana - Creativity Editor 235
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 83
Nancy Roussy 59
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 53
Dorcie's 53
Sandra Investing/HFinance 51
Linu 47
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#770558 - 06/29/12 02:13 PM Mitt Romney - next president
Jim Colyer Offline
Parakeet

Loc: Nashville, TN
Mitt Romney will be the next U.S. president. He was a Republican governor of Massachusetts. He is a Mormon. There has never been a Mormon president. Romney will be the first.

Willard Mitt Romney was born March 12, 1947, in Detroit, Michigan. He is the son of George Romney, a 1968 presidential candidate. He and his wife, Ann, have 5 sons. Romney has a B.A. from Brigham Young University and an MBA from Harvard. He co-founded Bain Capital, an investment firm, and helped to start Staples office-supply.

Romney ran for the U.S. Senate in 1994 but lost to Ted Kennedy. He was elected governor of Massachusetts in 2002 and served a four-year term. He had conservative values, a Republican governor in a liberal state. With veterans returning from Iraq, there need to be adequate benefits and health care. Romney supports veterans. He was the first Massachusetts governor to appoint a Secretary of Veterans' Affairs.

12 million illegal immigrants poured into the United States from the south. Romney is hard on illegals. He made an agreement with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement that allowed state troopers to arrest and deport.

Romney supports nuclear energy and wants to drill for oil in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.

Romney is pro-life. He opposes Roe v. Wade. He is against abortion except in cases of rape, incest or when the mother's life is threatened. He supports the death penalty in cases of terrorism and multiple killings. He believes that marriage is a union between a man and a woman. Romney opposes same-sex marriage and civil unions.

Add Mitt Romney - next president to Twitter Add Mitt Romney - next president to Facebook Add Mitt Romney - next president to MySpace Add Mitt Romney - next president to Del.icio.us Digg Mitt Romney - next president Add Mitt Romney - next president to Yahoo My Web Add Mitt Romney - next president to Google Bookmarks Add Mitt Romney - next president to Stumbleupon Add Mitt Romney - next president to Reddit
#770563 - 06/29/12 02:35 PM Re: Mitt Romney - next president [Re: Jim Colyer]
Linda Sue Grimes Offline
Parakeet

Loc: USA
Useful overview of our next president, Jim. Thank you.

I'd like to add that he also completed a law degree at Harvard, "He attended Harvard Law School and Harvard Business School and received both a law degree and an M.B.A. in 1975": Mitt Romney: Biography

Edited by Linda Sue Grimes (06/29/12 02:35 PM)

Add Re: Mitt Romney - next president to Twitter Add Re: Mitt Romney - next president to Facebook Add Re: Mitt Romney - next president to MySpace Add Re: Mitt Romney - next president to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Mitt Romney - next president Add Re: Mitt Romney - next president to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Mitt Romney - next president to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Mitt Romney - next president to Stumbleupon Add Re: Mitt Romney - next president to Reddit
#784137 - 09/26/12 02:01 AM Re: Mitt Romney - next president [Re: Jim Colyer]
Jim Colyer Offline
Parakeet

Loc: Nashville, TN
Thanks for the additional info, Linda. The debates are coming. Romney will have to give it everything he's got. I think he can do it.

Add Re: Mitt Romney - next president to Twitter Add Re: Mitt Romney - next president to Facebook Add Re: Mitt Romney - next president to MySpace Add Re: Mitt Romney - next president to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Mitt Romney - next president Add Re: Mitt Romney - next president to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Mitt Romney - next president to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Mitt Romney - next president to Stumbleupon Add Re: Mitt Romney - next president to Reddit
#784170 - 09/26/12 11:33 AM Re: Mitt Romney - next president [Re: Jim Colyer]
Linda Sue Grimes Offline
Parakeet

I think the differences between these two candidates will become very clear during the debates.

#784291 - 09/26/12 04:19 PM Re: Mitt Romney - next president [Re: Jim Colyer]
BoomerGal Offline
Parakeet

It's too bad many states will start early voting very soon. Those people won't even see all of the debates.

#784312 - 09/26/12 04:37 PM Re: Mitt Romney - next president [Re: BoomerGal]
Linda Sue Grimes Offline
Parakeet

Our early voting starts October 17, which means people voting that early would miss only one debate--the one on foreign policy, and while that is not ideal, I doubt that the one debate would over all make that much difference.

#792226 - 11/10/12 09:14 PM Re: Mitt Romney - next president [Re: Jim Colyer]
Lestie - ContainerGardens Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Hello all,

I have little understanding of American politics in general but keep a watching brief as it were. What does/will Mitt Romney do now? Is he still a Republican Governor? Senator? etc.

Apologies if you think my questions a little naive.

Thanks

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.

#797792 - 12/26/12 10:52 AM Re: Mitt Romney - next president [Re: Lestie - ContainerGardens]
Angie Offline
Zebra

He was no longer in government. His son came out the other day and said that he really didn't want to be president.

By the time election day came around I was very disappointed in the entire process. I felt Romney didn't have the 'fire in his belly' which would match what his son came out and said recently.

I listened to the democrat convention and their platform was deplorable. I felt Obama won by bribing his voters promising them everything they might want. Romney didn't come across well. I have no idea what the future holds for America.

When Kennedy ran his slogan was, "Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country" and this is now turned around completely.

#797815 - 12/26/12 12:39 PM Re: Mitt Romney - next president [Re: Jim Colyer]
Lynne - ChristianLiving Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf

Loc: Indiana
Quote:
When Kennedy ran his slogan was, "Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country" and this is now turned around completely.

Good point Angie.

Lynne Waite Chapman

Christian Living @ BellaOnline
Women of the Bible E-Book and the Names of God E-Book

Updo, Hair Color, Ageless Women E-Books and Hair Information

Follow us on Facebook -- Facebook.com/Bible.Living

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
First Letter-Last Letter
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
Yesterday at 11:44 PM
Name a Classic Toy Game
by Allyson - USACook/HomeCook
Creativity
Yesterday at 10:28 PM
I went NUTS last week!
by Allyson - USACook/HomeCook
Home Cooking
Yesterday at 10:24 PM
Weekly Monday Weigh-In
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Low Carb
Yesterday at 07:00 PM
Ogden garden verse game
by xmeecosmic
Container Gardening
Yesterday at 05:55 PM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Comedy Movies
Yesterday at 05:39 PM
Music ABC game
Pop Music
Yesterday at 05:36 PM
Word From Last Letter Game
Contests & Sweepstakes
Yesterday at 05:36 PM
Shopping at Walmart Game
Home Finance
Yesterday at 05:10 PM
Craigslist Buying and Selling Tips
Home Finance
Yesterday at 05:09 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (davmartin), 139 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.