Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Kelly Z, opqrst619667, Arca Decks, arrowproject, Ashley Jessica
56563 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56564 Members
417 Forums
111436 Topics
785963 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 236
Nancy Roussy 171
loongdragon 139
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 134
Rosie 66 131
James Andrew 99
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 89
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 55
Jilly 53
Lestie4containergardens 51
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#792027 - 11/09/12 06:37 PM Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe
Cinzia - Italian Food Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

Loc: California, USA
A great Italian comfort food recipe:

Stracciatella alla Romana - Roman Egg Soup Recipe
Also author of the eBook Simple Delicious Italian Recipes.

"Never cook as a chore or duty, or your food will taste like it" C.Aversa.

Add Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe to Twitter Add Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe to Facebook Add Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe to MySpace Add Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe to Del.icio.us Digg Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe Add Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe to Yahoo My Web Add Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe to Google Bookmarks Add Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe to Stumbleupon Add Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe to Reddit
#792029 - 11/09/12 06:44 PM Re: Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe [Re: Cinzia - Italian Food]
Phyllis Doyle Burns Offline
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Reno, NV
My gosh, Cinzia -- this soup seems delicious! I will have to try it today for lunch. Our weather has suddenly turned cold and a nice hot bowl of soup sounds very good right now.

Thanks for sharing his this recipe. smile

Edited by PhyllisFolkMythAppalachia (11/09/12 06:45 PM)

Add Re: Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe to Twitter Add Re: Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe to Facebook Add Re: Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe to MySpace Add Re: Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe Add Re: Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe to Stumbleupon Add Re: Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe to Reddit
#792114 - 11/09/12 10:27 PM Re: Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe [Re: Cinzia - Italian Food]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

This is an Italian version of Chinese Egg Drop Soup which uses chicken broth and beaten eggs. No cheese though. The Chinese don't have a lot of cheese as an ingredient in their cuisine. The Japanese have imported a lot of Western ingredients so they have more cheese in their dishes. I wonder if the lack of cheese and milk dishes is partly due to the high rates of lactose intolerance in Asians?

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

Add Re: Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe to Twitter Add Re: Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe to Facebook Add Re: Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe to MySpace Add Re: Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe Add Re: Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe to Stumbleupon Add Re: Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe to Reddit
#792122 - 11/10/12 12:47 AM Re: Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

Originally Posted By: PhyllisFolkMythAppalachia
My gosh, Cinzia -- this soup seems delicious! I will have to try it today for lunch. Our weather has suddenly turned cold and a nice hot bowl of soup sounds very good right now.

Thanks for sharing his this recipe. smile

You are surely welcome. This is one of those recipes that bring me back home every time I make it. And yes, it is getting chilly and this will warm you up and good.

#792123 - 11/10/12 01:23 AM Re: Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe [Re: Cinzia - Italian Food]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

Loc: Mont Tremblant,quebec Can
Dear Cinzia,

When I was in the insurance business a long time ago.I had 3 Italian brokers that always brouth me to the same place.I'll try to spell it right:Trottario dai buffone.I would always eat the same thing.La Strattaciella and home made Canelloni with a real
Cappucino. My mouth is watering right now.
Thank you for bringing me very good memories.

loong

#792124 - 11/10/12 01:25 AM Re: Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe [Re: Cinzia - Italian Food]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

To Lori,

CHinese do not eat or drink anything that comes from a cow.That is why there is no cheese in Egg drop soup.Not even ice cream!

Loong

#792127 - 11/10/12 03:05 AM Re: Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe [Re: Cinzia - Italian Food]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loong, that is untrue. The Chinese do eat beef. In the ancient times, certain dynasties did discourage beef eating, such as in the Yang Dynasty, due to Buddhist beliefs of the court. In addition, cows, cattle, oxen were considered draft animals and more useful as such.

However, in modern times, all this has changed.

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

#792141 - 11/10/12 06:04 AM Re: Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe [Re: Cinzia - Italian Food]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

To Lorie,

Please try to find milk from a cow in any chinese store,second I did not write that they did not eat beef,you did.What I wrote is that they do not eat or drink what COMES from a cow,not the same.
There are no chinese cheese.No chinese ice cream.There are however rice cream ,rice milk.
The Hindous do not eat beef ,not the chinese or japanese unless vegetarians like myself.
Resppectfully your's

loong

#792157 - 11/10/12 01:18 PM Re: Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe [Re: Cinzia - Italian Food]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

To Lorie,

I made some research on milk in china,Chinese do drink milk.
However did not find anything on butter,cheese ice cream etc.
There was a big scandal on bad milk exported to other countries in 2008.
In veggie store, where I live no cow products can be found.

Sorry, for that I apologise.

loong

#792179 - 11/10/12 04:29 PM Re: Roman Stracciatella Soup recipe [Re: loongdragon]
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

Originally Posted By: loongdragon
Dear Cinzia,

When I was in the insurance business a long time ago.I had 3 Italian brokers that always brouth me to the same place.I'll try to spell it right:Trottario dai buffone.I would always eat the same thing.La Strattaciella and home made Canelloni with a real
Cappucino. My mouth is watering right now.
Thank you for bringing me very good memories.

Trattoria dai Buffoni, great name. And great dishes you'd have. You'r very welcome.

loong

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Cinzia - Italian Food 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
What is your stress level today?
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
32 minutes 0 seconds ago
Did you forage for food today?
by Jilly
Frugal Living
Today at 02:40 AM
What did you eat that was healthy today?
by Jilly
Frugal Living
Today at 02:38 AM
Did you floss today? And frugal dental notes.
by Jilly
Frugal Living
Today at 02:34 AM
Dumpster Diving
by Jilly
Frugal Living
Today at 02:32 AM
Extreme Frugal Confessions
by Jilly
Frugal Living
Today at 02:26 AM
CBS MYSTERY THEATER
by Elleise - Clairvoyance
Clairvoyance
Today at 02:13 AM
What is the latest spring fall fashion ?
Women's Fashion
Today at 02:05 AM
What exercise did you do today?
Exercise
Today at 01:49 AM
Frugal Home Cleaning - using food
by Jilly
Frugal Living
Yesterday at 08:55 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Izeigo), 31 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.