Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
littleapple, vwxyz{074949, klmnop940047, lmnopq609793, ijklmn475351
57211 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57211 Members
417 Forums
113003 Topics
800975 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 795
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 445
Beetlemess 305
Nancy Roussy 158
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 109
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 91
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 89
Susan - Meditation Editor 47
Sandra Investing/HFinance 45
Mona - Astronomy 40
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#792125 - 11/10/12 02:42 AM Telephone Interview with China Radio International
Tas - Japanese Culture Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

Loc: Japan
Here's a link to a recording of me being interviewed by a reporter for China Radio International. The topic is on Japanese obsession with blood types.
9 Nov 12 Telephone Interview with China Radio International

The hosts tried to argue against the low significance of blood types in Japanese society after the interview by bringing up examples of Japanese soldiers being grouped by blood types in the past, and a minister blaming the insensitive remarks he had made after the 3/11 Great East Japan Earthquake on his blood type. But while the general Japanese public DO believe in blood types being significant in determining a person's personality, they are not THAT obsessed to let it get in the way of major decision-making. The Japanese way of thinking is contradictory in this sense, which can be hard for non-Japanese to understand - at least those who are unfamiliar with Japanese people and their culture 1st hand.

Add Telephone Interview with China Radio International to Twitter Add Telephone Interview with China Radio International to Facebook Add Telephone Interview with China Radio International to MySpace Add Telephone Interview with China Radio International to Del.icio.us Digg Telephone Interview with China Radio International Add Telephone Interview with China Radio International to Yahoo My Web Add Telephone Interview with China Radio International to Google Bookmarks Add Telephone Interview with China Radio International to Stumbleupon Add Telephone Interview with China Radio International to Reddit
#792126 - 11/10/12 03:03 AM Re: Telephone Interview with China Radio International [Re: Tas - Japanese Culture]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Congratulations on a terrific interview, Tas! It was exciting to hear the host announce that you are the Japanese Culture editor of Bellaonline.com.

I had no idea that the Japanese felt this way! Wow. What is the blood type of the majority?

And by the way, you sounded really great in the interview. Knowledgeable and well-spoken. smile

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

Add Re: Telephone Interview with China Radio International to Twitter Add Re: Telephone Interview with China Radio International to Facebook Add Re: Telephone Interview with China Radio International to MySpace Add Re: Telephone Interview with China Radio International to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Telephone Interview with China Radio International Add Re: Telephone Interview with China Radio International to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Telephone Interview with China Radio International to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Telephone Interview with China Radio International to Stumbleupon Add Re: Telephone Interview with China Radio International to Reddit
#792133 - 11/10/12 04:00 AM Re: Telephone Interview with China Radio International [Re: Lori-Dreams]
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

Thank you for your kind words, Lori smile

It was not in my initial plans, but I'm currently working on an article about the impact of blood types in Japanese society. So I'll answer your answer in the article. Watch out for it later today or tomorrow ;p

The hosts using the examples of the minister blaming his insensitive remarks on his blood type, and of the soldiers being grouped via blood type can be misleading, because they do not necessarily reflect the views of the general public, or the majority. Some of the Japanese people I've spoken to didn't even know about these, and those who did didn't really care.

The articles I write are based on what I see, hear and experience personally in Japan, and while they might not be sensational or newsworthy, readers can be sure that they're about the real Japan. So my next article will talk about how the general Japanese really feel about blood type and its relationship with a person's personality.

Add Re: Telephone Interview with China Radio International to Twitter Add Re: Telephone Interview with China Radio International to Facebook Add Re: Telephone Interview with China Radio International to MySpace Add Re: Telephone Interview with China Radio International to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Telephone Interview with China Radio International Add Re: Telephone Interview with China Radio International to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Telephone Interview with China Radio International to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Telephone Interview with China Radio International to Stumbleupon Add Re: Telephone Interview with China Radio International to Reddit
#792307 - 11/11/12 05:59 PM Re: Telephone Interview with China Radio International [Re: Tas - Japanese Culture]
Lori - Marriage Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala

Loc: Orange, CA USA
Wow. That is such a weird concept to me, especially since there is no scientific data that backs up personality and blood type. It appears to be based strictly on being part of the majority or outside the majority. The Japanese seem to value conformity over individuality.

Well, I have Type O. My father was Type A. What is your blood type?

BellaOnline.com Marriage
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

Dreams editor
Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

#792392 - 11/12/12 10:32 AM Re: Telephone Interview with China Radio International [Re: Lori - Marriage]
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

Yes, it's hard to understand the Japanese way of thinking. Seems that conformity takes priority over everything else. It's like a prerequisite for being Japanese.

My blood type is O. No wonder the both of us are so awesome! smile

Moderator:  Tas - Japanese Culture 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
which style wedding dresses suit for flower theme
by littleapple
Beauty Basics
24 minutes 57 seconds ago
Word From Last Letter Game
by Rosie 66
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 03:40 AM
Road Trips Success with Young Kids
by Tiffiny - Family Travel
Family Travel
Yesterday at 11:19 PM
I Lost Almost Everything
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Yesterday at 06:13 PM
Sorry about not posting for a while
by Debbie-SpiritualityEditor
Pagan
Yesterday at 02:41 PM
Job Titles Game
by Ro Longstreet-Wicca
Fiction Writing
Yesterday at 01:24 PM
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Yesterday at 01:21 PM
Olay Pro-X- Advanced Cleansing System Review
by BB -Body Care
Body Care
Yesterday at 12:25 PM
The Gifts of ADD
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
Yesterday at 10:31 AM
7 Chaos Taming Strategies for ADD
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
Yesterday at 10:31 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (littleapple), 63 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.