Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
K...c, astrovalley, cory455, marger, simplicityshines
57419 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57419 Members
417 Forums
113483 Topics
805689 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 396
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 124
Nancy Roussy 105
Beetlemess 100
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 96
Jana - Creativity Editor 85
Mona - Astronomy 47
Susan - Meditation Editor 44
Sandra Investing/HFinance 31
Dianne W - Editor 21
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#791697 - 11/07/12 03:42 PM Nano writing project
Angela Adolescence Offline

Loc: Baltimore, Maryland

Add Nano writing project to Twitter Add Nano writing project to Facebook Add Nano writing project to MySpace Add Nano writing project to Del.icio.us Digg Nano writing project Add Nano writing project to Yahoo My Web Add Nano writing project to Google Bookmarks Add Nano writing project to Stumbleupon Add Nano writing project to Reddit
#791738 - 11/07/12 04:48 PM Re: Nano writing project [Re: Angela Adolescence]
Alice - Horror Lit Offline
Jellyfish

Loc: Colorado
This is a story I can relate to even though I am not an illegal. The mixing of the rich and the poor in our society has never been easy.

With the added deportation and political issues, you have a story many will look forward to reading. An excellent start.

Add Re: Nano writing project to Twitter Add Re: Nano writing project to Facebook Add Re: Nano writing project to MySpace Add Re: Nano writing project to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Nano writing project Add Re: Nano writing project to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Nano writing project to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Nano writing project to Stumbleupon Add Re: Nano writing project to Reddit
#791764 - 11/07/12 07:27 PM Re: Nano writing project [Re: Angela Adolescence]
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Angela -

This sounds like a powerful, timely, fascinating story! I definitely would be interested in reading it. It needs to be told!

Add Re: Nano writing project to Twitter Add Re: Nano writing project to Facebook Add Re: Nano writing project to MySpace Add Re: Nano writing project to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Nano writing project Add Re: Nano writing project to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Nano writing project to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Nano writing project to Stumbleupon Add Re: Nano writing project to Reddit
#791969 - 11/08/12 08:47 PM Re: Nano writing project [Re: Angela Adolescence]

Thanks,ladies. Sorry for the weird typos. Trying to cut and paste into the box and then change a few things didn't go so well on the computer I was using. Anyway, I haven't written a whole book in a long time. A good ten years so I really want to push myself to finish this and in a somewhat reasonable time frame as it is timely to right now. I haven't got much encouragement from those I would hope to get encouragement from so thanks for the support. So far I'm up to 10,000 words and even though I'm falling behind the Nano goal, my personal goal is to work on it a little every week. Thanks again.

#791970 - 11/08/12 09:48 PM Re: Nano writing project [Re: Angela Adolescence]
BellaOnline Editor

Dear Angela -

I think part of why NaNoWriMo is so powerful is that we provide the support that is so lacking in other places. It is amazing to me how many people would discourage or trod on people who want to write! Why would anybody do that! You have a story to tell. Sure it might be hard! But life is hard by itself. Why add to that? Your story absolutely deserves to be told. And it *can* be told.

Don't worry about a goal in the sense of "feeling sad" if you miss a day or two. That's not what the goal is about. It's about giving you a star to aim for. Yes life will interfere! That's OK. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and dive at it again.

There are so many reasons that people can be discouraging. Often they're jealous because they always wanted to reach a similar goal and they haven't. By discouraging you, they give themselves more justification for not having completed the things they wanted to do. "Of course they can't do it", they say. "If it was that easy, I would have done it years ago."

So shrug those messages off. All that matters is your own goals, your own pace, and your own messages to share with us.

A week is a long time. I suggest instead to think about each day. How can you find ten minutes to make some progress? The little steps add up! And the process of carving out those little moments for "you" is an important skill to build on!

#792013 - 11/09/12 10:34 AM Re: Nano writing project [Re: Angela Adolescence]
Jellyfish

I found this passage from Anne Rice for my bulletin board and to hand out to my writing group.

"On writing, my advice is the same to all. If you want to be a writer, write. Write and write and write. If you stop, start again. Save everything that you write. If you feel blocked, write through it until you feel your creative juices flowing again. Write. Writing is what makes a writer, nothing more and nothing less.

--- Ignore critics. Critics are a dime a dozen. Anybody can be a critic. Writers are priceless. ---- Go where the pleasure is in your writing. Go where the pain is. Write the book you would like to read. Write the book you have been trying to find but have not found. But write. And remember, there are no rules for our profession. Ignore rules. Ignore what I say here if it doesn't help you. Do it your own way.

--- Every writer knows fear and discouragement. Just write. --- The world is crying for new writing. It is crying for fresh and original voices and new characters and new stories. If you won't write the classics of tomorrow, well, we will not have any. Good luck."

Anne Rice

#792015 - 11/09/12 11:27 AM Re: Nano writing project [Re: Angela Adolescence]

Thanks, ladies! Setting little daily goals is a good idea. Love your Anne Rice quote, Alice. I was reading your bio earlier. I would never have thought I'd come to enjoy the sci fi future novels as much as I have come to. Have you written any set in the future sci fi pieces? What are your favorite reads?

#792033 - 11/09/12 02:08 PM Re: Nano writing project [Re: Angela Adolescence]
BellaOnline Editor

Alice -

That is a great quote, thank you so much for sharing it! I agree completely that there will always be people who criticize or discourage. It's so important to ignore those voices! Some of the best stories we have are from writers who pushed past the nay-sayers in their lives and just "did it".

#792286 - 11/11/12 10:08 AM Re: Nano writing project [Re: Angela Adolescence]
Jellyfish

The sci-fi I'm working on is happening today but ties in to some of earth's history and the mysteries left behind.

I'm not an expert on sci-fi in particular because I love all genres of fiction that are well-written. My son works in the space industry so it has been calling to me to write something. I, Robot is probably my favorite ever. Dune was incredible but I could never write something like that.

Do you have some future sci-fi would you recommend?

Edited by Alice - Horror Lit (11/11/12 10:12 AM)

Moderator:  Ije - Literary Fiction 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Waxing, anyone?
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
21 minutes 40 seconds ago
Lisa's Daily 10pm EST / 8pm MST Meditation
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Meditation
Today at 05:47 PM
What Did You Write Today?
Fiction Writing
Today at 05:06 PM
your nail care process
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Today at 04:17 PM
Bath Salts Anyone?
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Today at 04:11 PM
The Wrong Girl Book Review
by Edie - MysteryBooksEd
Mystery Books
Today at 03:17 PM
Low Carb Thanksgiving
Low Carb
Today at 12:57 PM
To Tan or Not To Tan
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Today at 12:30 PM
What did you SPEND money on today?
by Nancy Roussy
Frugal Living
Today at 12:24 PM
A Personal Inventory and ADD
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 12:07 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (shanlung), 123 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.