Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
opqrst997236, abcdef275892, uvwxyz211086, Salume Kh, Badnezzahmi
57220 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57221 Members
417 Forums
113026 Topics
801224 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 883
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 471
Beetlemess 305
Nancy Roussy 147
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 115
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 90
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 72
Sandra Investing/HFinance 45
Susan - Meditation Editor 43
Mona - Astronomy 40
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#790689 - 11/02/12 07:47 AM Interesting election related article Yvonnie
Francine - German Culture Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Germany/France

This journalist is well respected and works in all types of media, so his articles wherever they turn up are normally interesting, with relevant opinions...........but although this particular newspaper is one of the UK's most popular it is unfortunately also one of its worst.

What do you think Yvonnie? Does Max Hastings viewpoint in this article reflect real life or not?

Superstorm Sandy and the US Election

Edited by Francine - German Culture (11/02/12 07:48 AM)

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRUECKE Cologne, the CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. Photo "Der Wolf im Wald" with Plantu's "European Dove of Peace 2012". Western Europe has enjoyed the longest period of peace in its history, and in 2012 the EU won the Nobel Prize for Peace.

Add Interesting election related article Yvonnie to Twitter Add Interesting election related article Yvonnie to Facebook Add Interesting election related article Yvonnie to MySpace Add Interesting election related article Yvonnie to Del.icio.us Digg Interesting election related article Yvonnie Add Interesting election related article Yvonnie to Yahoo My Web Add Interesting election related article Yvonnie to Google Bookmarks Add Interesting election related article Yvonnie to Stumbleupon Add Interesting election related article Yvonnie to Reddit
#790695 - 11/02/12 11:15 AM Re: Interesting election related article Yvonnie [Re: Francine - German Culture]
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

Loc: Kansas USA
Great article. Francine, that just about says it all. Sickening in the extreme. Our people are suffering, yet we keep electing obstructionist politicians. Maybe a quote about reaping what you sow would be appropriate here.

Edited by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches (11/02/12 11:15 AM)
Avatar: There is Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

Here is a link to my EBook.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

Add Re: Interesting election related article Yvonnie to Twitter Add Re: Interesting election related article Yvonnie to Facebook Add Re: Interesting election related article Yvonnie to MySpace Add Re: Interesting election related article Yvonnie to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Interesting election related article Yvonnie Add Re: Interesting election related article Yvonnie to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Interesting election related article Yvonnie to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Interesting election related article Yvonnie to Stumbleupon Add Re: Interesting election related article Yvonnie to Reddit
#791436 - 11/07/12 02:34 AM Re: Interesting election related article Yvonnie [Re: Francine - German Culture]
Yvonnie-Inspired Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Illinois, US
Francine-

This article is great. I am sharing it with my Democratic and Republican and Libertarian friends.

It has been the most heart-breaking election ever. I have heard people say things I never thought they would say and I have discovered that many people have expressed views in one direction for years and now are showing me something very different.

I sort of disappeared from the freedom of political speech for a few days just to breathe.

I have had to turn back to my spiritual roots to heal.

It has been scary, overwhelming, and shocking. I think Facebook, Twitter, and 24hour media outlets aided in our over stimulation and sensitivity in the matter.

So, thank God it is all over. And hopefully, as citizens, we will accept our elected President and REQUIRE our elected Officials to work in our favor and not for the benefit of simply supporting their party. We have to remember what we stand for and forget about our personal opinions of the individual running the country. We have to remember that the politicians work for us and we need to remind them of what we expect of them. Forget about party lines and expect results.

That is all.

Thanks again for sharing Francine. Please send more after the results are in.

Add Re: Interesting election related article Yvonnie to Twitter Add Re: Interesting election related article Yvonnie to Facebook Add Re: Interesting election related article Yvonnie to MySpace Add Re: Interesting election related article Yvonnie to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Interesting election related article Yvonnie Add Re: Interesting election related article Yvonnie to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Interesting election related article Yvonnie to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Interesting election related article Yvonnie to Stumbleupon Add Re: Interesting election related article Yvonnie to Reddit
#791502 - 11/07/12 10:00 AM Re: Interesting election related article Yvonnie [Re: Yvonnie-Inspired]
Francine - German Culture Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Germany/France

I so agree with your statement Yvonnie, and it applies to every country which actually has the luxury of free elections.

"And hopefully, as citizens, we will accept our elected President and REQUIRE our elected Officials to work in our favor and not for the benefit of simply supporting their party".

Here are some links to opinions and comments as you asked.

So much out there of course, but these three are quite diverse and because of that interesting.

Rightly or wrongly, in general the European attitude throughout the media and political world this morning is one of something approaching relief, as is the global reaction.

Personally I am making no comment one way or the other, but the impression seemed to be that for whatever reason Mr. Romney not only appeared not to understand there were vast differences in the "haves and have nots" within the USA itself, which had to be dealt with and not ignored, but at the same time he also showed little knowledge of, or interest in, world affairs or the countries around the world he visited.

Of course with an enlightened team behind him possibly both the image and/or the fact could have been corrected, however again the majority opinion not only in Europe but also in the world's press is that that would have been a bit of a risky jump in the dark for the USA.

It is really sad Connie if as you say the article is an accurate one, now wouldn't it be good if both parties could just work together and compromise for the sake of your country? Let's hope "stonewalling" is a thing of the past.

Incidentally I fell about laughing to read that Donald Trump suggests a "revolution" is necessary...........oh dear smile

A Reasoned Analysis from an "intelligent" newspaper

An Intellectual Analysis from a leading European News Magazine

An "Easy Read" from a "popular" newspaper, with lots of photos

Edited by Francine - German Culture (11/07/12 11:54 AM)

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRUECKE Cologne, the CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. Photo "Der Wolf im Wald" with Plantu's "European Dove of Peace 2012". Western Europe has enjoyed the longest period of peace in its history, and in 2012 the EU won the Nobel Prize for Peace.

#791987 - 11/09/12 05:44 AM Re: Interesting election related article Yvonnie [Re: Francine - German Culture]
Yvonnie-Inspired Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Illinois, US
Francine-

I too fall over laughing at many of the statements of Donald Trump.

Meanwhile, this is my position on the U.S. going forward. This country is extremely varied. I cannot fathom that a man, that only knows people like himself (meaning, he has lived in a bubble whether by religion or community, has never traveled outside of the country nor become affiliated with people that oppose his position or challenge his beliefs) could ever expect to successfully manage a free nation like this one; diverse in as many ways as we could imagine a people to be.

So, to me that means, anyone that desires the title of U.S. President, from this day forward, needs to become educated in the world and in the diversity of this nation. You cannot understand or meet the needs of the people if you have never known them. A level of respect and understanding for others (different than you) must be a requirement and a standard for consideration as a great leader.

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Favorite Song?
by Nina Xie
Classical Music
4 minutes 15 seconds ago
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by Rosie 66
Comedy Movies
54 minutes 22 seconds ago
Replace one word... (new game)
by Rosie 66
Comedy Movies
Today at 05:01 AM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Rosie 66
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 04:53 AM
Are You Living Your Truth
by Tracy - Philosophy
Philosophy
Today at 04:18 AM
MAVEN is in Mars orbit!
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 03:24 AM
Latch Hook
by Angie
Rugmaking
Yesterday at 10:42 PM
What Are You Proud of Today?
by Rayna - Depression Editor
Depression
Yesterday at 10:18 PM
How is your library senior friendly?
by Pam - Senior Issues
Senior Issues
Yesterday at 09:27 PM
Down Came the Rain by Brooke Shields Book Review
by Rayna - Depression Editor
Depression
Yesterday at 08:26 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 151 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.