Print Thread
#791697 11/07/12 04:42 PM
A
OP Offline
A

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
This is a story I can relate to even though I am not an illegal. The mixing of the rich and the poor in our society has never been easy.

With the added deportation and political issues, you have a story many will look forward to reading. An excellent start.

Alice Andersen
Horror Literature
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Angela -

This sounds like a powerful, timely, fascinating story! I definitely would be interested in reading it. It needs to be told!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
A
OP Offline
A
Thanks,ladies. Sorry for the weird typos. Trying to cut and paste into the box and then change a few things didn't go so well on the computer I was using. Anyway, I haven't written a whole book in a long time. A good ten years so I really want to push myself to finish this and in a somewhat reasonable time frame as it is timely to right now. I haven't got much encouragement from those I would hope to get encouragement from so thanks for the support. So far I'm up to 10,000 words and even though I'm falling behind the Nano goal, my personal goal is to work on it a little every week. Thanks again.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Dear Angela -

I think part of why NaNoWriMo is so powerful is that we provide the support that is so lacking in other places. It is amazing to me how many people would discourage or trod on people who want to write! Why would anybody do that! You have a story to tell. Sure it might be hard! But life is hard by itself. Why add to that? Your story absolutely deserves to be told. And it *can* be told.

Don't worry about a goal in the sense of "feeling sad" if you miss a day or two. That's not what the goal is about. It's about giving you a star to aim for. Yes life will interfere! That's OK. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and dive at it again.

There are so many reasons that people can be discouraging. Often they're jealous because they always wanted to reach a similar goal and they haven't. By discouraging you, they give themselves more justification for not having completed the things they wanted to do. "Of course they can't do it", they say. "If it was that easy, I would have done it years ago."

So shrug those messages off. All that matters is your own goals, your own pace, and your own messages to share with us.

A week is a long time. I suggest instead to think about each day. How can you find ten minutes to make some progress? The little steps add up! And the process of carving out those little moments for "you" is an important skill to build on!

Low Carb Forum
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I found this passage from Anne Rice for my bulletin board and to hand out to my writing group.

"On writing, my advice is the same to all. If you want to be a writer, write. Write and write and write. If you stop, start again. Save everything that you write. If you feel blocked, write through it until you feel your creative juices flowing again. Write. Writing is what makes a writer, nothing more and nothing less.

--- Ignore critics. Critics are a dime a dozen. Anybody can be a critic. Writers are priceless. ---- Go where the pleasure is in your writing. Go where the pain is. Write the book you would like to read. Write the book you have been trying to find but have not found. But write. And remember, there are no rules for our profession. Ignore rules. Ignore what I say here if it doesn't help you. Do it your own way.

--- Every writer knows fear and discouragement. Just write. --- The world is crying for new writing. It is crying for fresh and original voices and new characters and new stories. If you won't write the classics of tomorrow, well, we will not have any. Good luck."

Anne Rice

Alice Andersen
Horror Literature
A
OP Offline
A
Thanks, ladies! Setting little daily goals is a good idea. Love your Anne Rice quote, Alice. I was reading your bio earlier. I would never have thought I'd come to enjoy the sci fi future novels as much as I have come to. Have you written any set in the future sci fi pieces? What are your favorite reads?

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Alice -

That is a great quote, thank you so much for sharing it! I agree completely that there will always be people who criticize or discourage. It's so important to ignore those voices! Some of the best stories we have are from writers who pushed past the nay-sayers in their lives and just "did it".

Low Carb Forum
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
The sci-fi I'm working on is happening today but ties in to some of earth's history and the mysteries left behind.

I'm not an expert on sci-fi in particular because I love all genres of fiction that are well-written. My son works in the space industry so it has been calling to me to write something. I, Robot is probably my favorite ever. Dune was incredible but I could never write something like that.

Do you have some future sci-fi would you recommend?

Last edited by Alice - Horror Lit; 11/11/12 11:12 AM.

Alice Andersen
Horror Literature

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.