Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I'm just thinking I don't have anyone like that for me. When I was suicidal, and then hospitalized, and then alone in my trailer, no one came out to help me. Not Dan, not my parents, not my sister, not an old friend. No one. No one came to me after William died either, and I was in complete grief.

Whereas when my father was hospitalized I took the first plane out to be with him. When my sister lost Anthony, I stayed with her for weeks so she would have someone there for her. When I was worried a friend might have had cancer, i told her I would drop everything to be nearby and help out.

So I guess looking for 'dependability' just isn't something I think about. The things I would do for others I don't seem to have anyone do to for me.

For my board of directors, I guess I am more interested in wisdom, humor, compassion and creativity.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Dear Jilly -

This got complex quickly, so I am starting a separate thread smile.

Lisa

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Koala
Koala
To Jilly,

If I read Lisa wright, it is your board of directors.Why don't
you fill it with people that you loved.During my whole life, I had to come out of hell ,like you,there was never anybody to help me.But I could find ,people that lived and were great helpers,Martin .l.King,Buddha,Jesus,not Jesus Christ,great
difference,the Sun,your inner power of survival.

Your friend
loong

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Loong, you are totally correct - it's MY board. And on my board, whoever I put there is totally there for me. Excellent way to position that.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Yes Loong is exactly right - every person can have on their board of directors whoever they wish! My aim was to provide insight into why my board was the way it was, not to imply that anybody else should use my board smile. We all have different boards, and that is great!

One of the suggestions from the books that recommend boards is that you look at your board and give thought to the common themes represented there. Ponder why certain people show up on there. Is it that you *want* those people - or is it that life has taught you to only *expect* those people?

For example Loong talks about putting on a board the people that a given person loved. However, often fate puts us in situations where we love people who are not reliable. I.e. let's say I grew up with alcoholic parents. Yes, I loved them. And yes, in their way, they loved me. But I can still choose not to have them on my board. I am creating an ideal board here, one which helps me reach my innermost goals.

So I think what I'm saying is don't restrict yourself to what life has given you so far. Don't be "stuck" with anything at all. Open your mind to the ultimate heroes and heroines you can imagine, and then imagine they are there just for you, to be there for you. Let your mind be free of all influence. It doesn't matter what I put on my board, or what anybody else put on their boards. It doesn't matter what life has been like in the past. This is the future, and it starts today smile.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
This seems like a cool idea to examine personal values and inspire to stick with them.
the theme people ar enticing on their boards are interesting, too.

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Lisa - it definitely is fun to see who we are all inspired by! It gives us even more ideas for who we can "turn to".

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I used my BOD yesterday at the dentist. I consulted Tim Gunn, Gandalf and House while getting dental surgery. They each had different advice for me, all good.

Tim Gunn hugged me and remarked how beautiful my teeth are, and how courageous it was I was taking steps to keep a beautiful smile.

Gandalf told me some days are harder to live through than others, but a hero has to make the best of what we are given.

House sarcastically asked me if I wanted to keep my teeth, and poked me with his cane.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.