Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 77 of 95 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 94 95
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Yes take care Debbie. I have three friends who live in different areas right in the path of "Sandy", so am keeping my fingers, toes and ears crossed that all of you will be OK.

And Beetle busily enjoying himself "puddle jumping".............Yup can just imagine that Phyllis.

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Thanks Francine.

Still have power here.....I am surprised. Many already are out in the state, with much more expected to come. I am close to the shoreline, so there will be a great opportunity for lots of wind. The worst is yet to come, but they downgraded the winds to be up to 75 mph gusts. Winds are now gusting over 50 mph. The storm will make landfall slightly more south than originally thought. Still....it is a powerful storm.

Take care, all.

Last edited by Debbie-SpiritualityEditor; 10/29/12 04:00 PM.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Oh, man!!!! Did we get puddles,... & standing water & wind. Did without power for about 3 hours Monday night, yet was able to catch the last half of the Monday Night NFL game.

With US Government shut down for 2 days & the mass transit (Metro Rail & Bus) not running, I just hunkered down & took care of stuff around the house.

But then had to get back to income producing endeavors... so here I am.

-B-
"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children."
OP Offline
Yeaaaaaaah! Beetle!!!! I assume you and the family are all ok then. Good t hear from you. smile

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
OP Offline
Oh my! Now you got me crying.

I hope we hear from Debbie soon. She is in the Long Island area I think.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
OP Offline
Debbie, my sister in spirit, we have a lit candle in the window so you can find your way back to the Front Porch. Granpappy sure is missing your cooking and great personality. The pile of biscuits and sausage gravy I made for him did not cheer him up much -- filled him up, but he is waiting for you to come back safely.... he is just a'sittin' and rockin' on the porch, watchin' down the path for you.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Phyllis....I am back. Granpappy nearly knocked me down with the big hug he gave me. I am so touched. Who knew that he cared so much for me.....unless maybe he was just missing my cooking....LOL.

I only lost power for an hour on Wed morning because the utility company was messing around. By then the storm was long done. But our internet and cable tv was knocked out since Monday night, and only came back on this evening, so I could not get online to let you all know how I was doing.

Half of my town was out of power so I was darn lucky here. Lots of damaged trees, downed power lines and outages, roof shingles blown off houses, as well as flooding on the coast. I haven't been able to catch the news on tv so I am not sure how many homes were lost along the shoreline. As far as I know 4 people in the state died. We were hit bad in the state, but NY and NJ faired much worse from the looks of it. I am sure there are still many without power here....as of yesterday the number was nearly 325,000 without electricity....and there's much clean up yet to do.

Just wanted to pop in for a minute. I have to get over to my forum and check things out there. Talk with you all again soon!

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
By the way Phyllis, that candle in the window really helped me find my way back home. Thank you so very much smile

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
OP Offline
You are most welcome for the candle, Debbie. It is good to have you back and I know that makes Granpappy happy. smile

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Hey, I saw Granpappy digging around those bee hives out by his 'beverage generation plant'. I have a feeling he saw the benefits of the candle & is wanting to make a lot more from the beeswax. Sure glad it's cooled down; otherwise, he'd be swelled up with from the stings.

ya know, if he starts now, he might be able to make enough candles for my cake next year...

-B-
"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children."
Page 77 of 95 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 94 95

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.