Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
debbiebbb, Anne_0921, Ebnul Karim Benzima, Morr27, purat
56589 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56589 Members
417 Forums
111494 Topics
786333 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 273
Nancy Roussy 173
Rosie 66 155
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 130
loongdragon 113
James Andrew 109
Lestie4containergardens 70
Jilly 69
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 69
Susan - Meditation Editor 52
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#791207 - 11/05/12 11:50 PM Moms - what melts your heart?
Lisa - Moms Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Arizona
Just because a mother talks about the things that drive her crazy, does not mean she doesn't love and enjoy motherhood.

There are certainly just as many - if not more - things that melt our hearts.

What melts yours?

Edited by Lisa Moms~Judaism (11/05/12 11:50 PM)

Moms Site

Add Moms - what melts your heart? to Twitter Add Moms - what melts your heart? to Facebook Add Moms - what melts your heart? to MySpace Add Moms - what melts your heart? to Del.icio.us Digg Moms - what melts your heart? Add Moms - what melts your heart? to Yahoo My Web Add Moms - what melts your heart? to Google Bookmarks Add Moms - what melts your heart? to Stumbleupon Add Moms - what melts your heart? to Reddit
#791208 - 11/05/12 11:52 PM Re: Moms - what melts your heart? [Re: Lisa - Moms]
Lisa - Moms Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

When my two youngest were bickering over something and one of them came to me for help. I provided some suggestions and was told that she already tried them. Big brother who typically butts heads with daughter says, "Would you like me to help you?" and went off to help the two resolve their problem.

(which he did - he divided their room in half with burnt out glow sticks and gave them each a half to play in)

Moms Site

Add Re: Moms - what melts your heart? to Twitter Add Re: Moms - what melts your heart? to Facebook Add Re: Moms - what melts your heart? to MySpace Add Re: Moms - what melts your heart? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Moms - what melts your heart? Add Re: Moms - what melts your heart? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Moms - what melts your heart? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Moms - what melts your heart? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Moms - what melts your heart? to Reddit
#791211 - 11/05/12 11:58 PM Re: Moms - what melts your heart? [Re: Lisa - Moms]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

It melted my heart whenever they would bring me little gifts like a plucked dandelion or part of some treat from their lunches or time with grandma. It showed me that they were thinking of me while they were off somewhere else.

Also, when I felt sick, they would tuck me under a blanket in bed or on the sofa, bring me a glass of water, feel my head for a temperature.

You know what melts my heart today? My adult kids will hold my hand when we're in public, sightseeing or whatever.

Oh, being a mother is awesome!

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

Add Re: Moms - what melts your heart? to Twitter Add Re: Moms - what melts your heart? to Facebook Add Re: Moms - what melts your heart? to MySpace Add Re: Moms - what melts your heart? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Moms - what melts your heart? Add Re: Moms - what melts your heart? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Moms - what melts your heart? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Moms - what melts your heart? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Moms - what melts your heart? to Reddit
#791425 - 11/07/12 01:57 AM Re: Moms - what melts your heart? [Re: Lisa - Moms]
Lisa - Moms Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

LOVE that your adult children still hold your hand!

Moms Site

#791429 - 11/07/12 02:09 AM Re: Moms - what melts your heart? [Re: Lori-Dreams]
Yvonnie-Inspired Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: Illinois, US
Oooh Lori-

I hope that happens for me when my girls are adults.

I love when they all jump in the bed with me at night and ask to watch a movie with me. Then they all fall asleep in my bed. I get squeezed, but it melts my heart.

#791437 - 11/07/12 02:34 AM Re: Moms - what melts your heart? [Re: Lisa - Moms]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Yes, I love the family bed thing. We all piled into my king-sized bed all the time. We were like a little den of bears, all snuggled up. Sometimes, my husband would get tired of getting kicked in the nuts so he'd drag a pillow to the other bed. haha! (Hey, I hope that isn't a bad word. Nuts.)

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor

#791440 - 11/07/12 02:39 AM Re: Moms - what melts your heart? [Re: Lori-Dreams]
Yvonnie-Inspired Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: Illinois, US
One of friends' 4-y-o daughter calls them peanuts and is still trying to figure out if that is what is on her PB&J sandwich (LOL).

My husband retreats to the couch for the gathering.

#791442 - 11/07/12 02:41 AM Re: Moms - what melts your heart? [Re: Lisa - Moms]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

OMG. Too funny! And yet, a little gross...

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor

#791716 - 11/07/12 09:04 PM Re: Moms - what melts your heart? [Re: Lisa - Moms]
Lisa - Moms Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

I was the one who retreated when everyone came into our bed. I would go to one of their beds in order to get some sleep.

I love the little notes written in inventive spelling - the first "i love you" note, the "i'm sorry" note

Moms Site

#791718 - 11/07/12 09:10 PM Re: Moms - what melts your heart? [Re: Lisa - Moms]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

I kept some of their notes. The one that breaks my heart is the one that my little girl wrote when I took six-month stint to edit a magazine: "I miss you. When are you coming home?" with a picture of her with tears spewing out of her eyes. ack. I am so glad I went home full-time after that.

And the ones from my son when he wrote to the tooth fairy that he should get a little more for this tooth because it was pulled out by the dentist. LOL. And the ones when he wrote I was "the best mommy in the whole world."

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Lisa - Moms 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
What My Spirituality Is!
by loongdragon
Spirituality
Today at 06:08 AM
Breaking Up by Ignoring Someone
by Anne_0921
Dating
Today at 04:49 AM
International Dark Sky Week - Save the Night!
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 03:14 AM
How do i make my skin soft,clear and fair?
by kiwistech
Cosmetics
Today at 02:09 AM
Gardening Bumper Stickers
by Lestie4containergardens
Container Gardening
Today at 01:37 AM
Yoga Relieves Back Pain
by Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor
Yoga
Yesterday at 11:51 PM
The Way of the Bodhisattva
by Lisa - Buddhism
Buddhism
Yesterday at 11:15 PM
What is your stress level today?
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Yesterday at 11:14 PM
The Bar Method a Body Sculpting Workout
by Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor
Exercise
Yesterday at 11:06 PM
The Haunting of Chretien Point
by ParanormalHost
Paranormal
Yesterday at 10:46 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
2 registered (Izeigo, Lynne - ChristianLiving), 79 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.