logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
ike the fake silver cheap jewelry that you can buy basically anywhere... like Express, or New York & Co... all my jewelry from those stores always turn a slight yellow... so I always end up throwing them away. What can I use to clean the tarnish off?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
J
Everyone has jewelry that needs to be cleaned, but the question is how to clean your jewelry and what to use to clean it with? For starters, you can soak your jewelry for fifteen minutes in a solution of warm water and dish washing liquid then softly scrub with a tooth brush and dry thoroughly. This is for gold only.

H
H
Originally Posted By: jewelista
For starters, you can soak your jewelry for fifteen minutes in a solution of warm water and dish washing liquid then softly scrub with a tooth brush and dry thoroughly. This is for gold only.

Jewelista, I agree with your method! Similar methods work on costume jewelry too... I personally like cleaning my jewelry in warm soapy water with a little bit of Mr. Clean. Let it soak for a good 10 to 15 minutes and scrub it with an old toothbrush. Rinse it in a bowl of clean water, dry with a paper towel and polish with a chamois cloth. It keeps my fashion jewelry looking good!

Originally Posted By: 88588
ike the fake silver cheap jewelry that you can buy basically anywhere... like Express, or New York & Co... all my jewelry from those stores always turn a slight yellow... so I always end up throwing them away. What can I use to clean the tarnish off?

@88588, NY & Co jewelry turning slightly yellow... I know exactly what you're talking about. Inexpensive fashion jewelry is not plated well, and silver pieces may turn yellow and gold pieces may turn silver. You have to be extra careful about how you wear it because most times when this happens, there is not much you can do about it unfortunately frown

What you can do to prevent it from happening:
-Avoid water. Never swim or shower in it! If washing hands, push bracelets up to avoid it getting wet.
-Put on fashion jewelry right before leaving the house and take it off as soon as you get home. Polish it with a soft cloth (eyeglass clothes are perfect) before storing.
-Store in a dry place, preferably in a jewelry box of some sort. Make sure that the jewelry is not touching any other jewelry.
-Make sure creams and lotions have dried before putting on your jewelry. Also, if you use hairspray, use your spray before putting on the jewels.
-On humid days, I like to take my jewelry off at some point during the day and dry my neck with a paper towel if I feel sweaty (or whatever body part you're wearing your jewelry!) I also pat the piece clean with a paper towel. I think this helps a lot.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.