Print Thread
#791030 11/04/12 08:48 AM
S
sad_1 Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
S
I thought we were going to be ok, but i guess he was just in a holding pattern. Just the other day he destroyed his expensive gaming keyboard because he got mad when I said to him, "I feel like all you want me for is a maid." I'm not sure that I can live with someone who is going to destroy things instead of talking things out. I'm not sure how much longer I can continue living with someone who thinks it's stupid to donate time to charity. I asked him if we could do charity walk-a-thons and he said he didn't want to be around any of those kind of people. All of this is compounded by the fact my dad has cancer so i can't really share my situation with him. Is it time to start planning my escape?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Your post has given me lots to think about.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I would say yes. My abuser would destroy my things all time when he would get set off, rarely did he destroy his things. I had clothes ripped up, books torn apart, journals burned in front of me, dishes destroyed, etc. It escalates and will rarely get better.

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I know it's hard but take the advice from other experienced wives like Jeanette. By delaying your escape, you are ticking off wasted minutes of your life of freedom.

May I ask: How are you doing on your RN program? Did you decide to go forward with that?

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
S
sad_1 Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
S
@jeanette, he destroys his things not mine. More accurately he destroys whatever is in reach, which usually happens to be something of his. @Lori, I got all A's in my pre-nursing classes (Microbiology, Anantomy, etc) and was accepted into the RN program at a local community college. It's not very prestigious, but it is convenient (20 mins away). I am waiting for graduation to re-evaluate my relationship, since I cannot really afford to live on my own at the moment. I keep asking him to consider counseling as a present to me for any holiday. Once I graduate, I'll be more secure in issuing an ultimatum: Improve or else! I have already begun to separate out the things I would like to take with me when I leave: my books, my craft supplies, my clothes, etc. so that when I issue that ultimatum I am ready to go and need only put those boxes in a Uhaul and skedaddle. I am a very cognitive person and I like to think things through thoroughly before I act. Graduation will be in 2 years, and I think that is enough time to prepare to leave him and also enough time to see if he will get counseling and straighten up his act.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Smart girl. smile

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
S
sad_1 Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
S
Did I mention that, on the advice of his eldest sister, I have my own separate bank account? :)

A
A
If a family member gives you advice about there own sibling....believe it!!! I am in worst situation and it only gets worst, then he starts throwing those things at you.....

S
sad_1 Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
S
My ex-BIL is very similar to my husband, so this sister of his knows what she is talking about

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.