Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Badnezzahmi, vincischool, christylynn81, minas, puumando
57215 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57215 Members
417 Forums
113015 Topics
801149 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 855
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 470
Beetlemess 305
Nancy Roussy 146
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 109
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 91
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 75
Sandra Investing/HFinance 45
Susan - Meditation Editor 44
Mona - Astronomy 40
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#750265 - 03/09/12 03:19 AM How to know if a child needs an assessment?
JerinePingco Offline

I have a nephew, he is only 1 year and 6 months old and I have observed that when someone says "Bad" or "that's bad" when he does something wrong, he tries to hurt himself like hitting his head on the wall or slapping his head and so I have thought that he might need a behavioral management or anything that will change his concept of "bad". Unfortunately, I think his mother is not open-minded about having to asses his child because there's actually a history that he has an elder brother who has a down syndrome but he died early (I think at the age of 4) before he was born. So after that incident, his mother began to be over-protective and sensitive about this kind of issues. Your advices or opinions will be a big help and will be very much appreciated. Thank you!

Edited by JerinePingco (03/09/12 03:20 AM)

Add How to know if a child needs an assessment? to Twitter Add How to know if a child needs an assessment? to Facebook Add How to know if a child needs an assessment? to MySpace Add How to know if a child needs an assessment? to Del.icio.us Digg How to know if a child needs an assessment? Add How to know if a child needs an assessment? to Yahoo My Web Add How to know if a child needs an assessment? to Google Bookmarks Add How to know if a child needs an assessment? to Stumbleupon Add How to know if a child needs an assessment? to Reddit
#790890 - 11/03/12 09:09 AM Re: How to know if a child needs an assessment? [Re: JerinePingco]
Celestine - Special Ed Offline

BellaOnline Editor

Loc: Tennessee
The health and safety of the child is the number one concern. He is learning to deal with frustrations and emotions. Children often express their emotions and feelings in different ways. He seems to be thinking that he is bad, not the behavior. Positive behavior can be taught through praise and rewards.

Special Education Site
Special Education Forum

Follow Me on Twitter

Like Me on Facebook

Add Re: How to know if a child needs an assessment? to Twitter Add Re: How to know if a child needs an assessment? to Facebook Add Re: How to know if a child needs an assessment? to MySpace Add Re: How to know if a child needs an assessment? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: How to know if a child needs an assessment? Add Re: How to know if a child needs an assessment? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: How to know if a child needs an assessment? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: How to know if a child needs an assessment? to Stumbleupon Add Re: How to know if a child needs an assessment? to Reddit
#845537 - 11/17/13 11:57 AM Re: How to know if a child needs an assessment? [Re: JerinePingco]
kindertouch Offline

If you suspect that the kid is having trouble then I suggest to have him checked just to be sure. I know that children tend to express their selves in different ways but hurting one's self is another issue. Have him assessed at an early age to know if there's something wrong about the kid so that the parents are aware and could address the kid according to his behavior.

Add Re: How to know if a child needs an assessment? to Twitter Add Re: How to know if a child needs an assessment? to Facebook Add Re: How to know if a child needs an assessment? to MySpace Add Re: How to know if a child needs an assessment? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: How to know if a child needs an assessment? Add Re: How to know if a child needs an assessment? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: How to know if a child needs an assessment? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: How to know if a child needs an assessment? to Stumbleupon Add Re: How to know if a child needs an assessment? to Reddit

Moderator:  Celestine - Special Ed 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by Rick - Funny Flicks
Comedy Movies
1 second ago
New Review - Clue!
by Rick - Funny Flicks
Comedy Movies
2 minutes 8 seconds ago
What Should You Avoid in the Interview Process?
by Corlia - Unemployment Editor
Unemployment
31 minutes 15 seconds ago
Journal Writing
by Anu D - Orchids
Orchids
Today at 10:30 AM
7 Chaos Taming Strategies for ADD
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 09:25 AM
Fall Family Fun with Sandwiches
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Sandwiches
Today at 09:12 AM
Wedding Ring Bedspread
by Melissa - Crochet Editor
Crochet
Today at 07:49 AM
Generation Y - Adult Learning
by Patricia - DL
Distance Learning
Today at 07:39 AM
Where did Mars water go? MAVEN may find out!
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 06:44 AM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Rosie 66
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 05:09 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
2 registered (Rick - Funny Flicks, 1 invisible), 62 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.