Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
ghijkl112958, mfboutique, Mrs. Cara, lighthouse, Fee
57197 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57197 Members
417 Forums
112992 Topics
800564 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 684
Beetlemess 283
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 267
Nancy Roussy 182
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 109
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 98
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 91
Susan - Meditation Editor 49
Sandra Investing/HFinance 46
Mona - Astronomy 41
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#235947 - 03/08/06 02:46 PM Un-motivated teens!
anne_sdi Offline

Loc: Northwest USA
Working with teens who appear to be unmotivated to complete school work? Teachers are looking for ideas all the time!Have you found things that work to help motivate middle and high school students with reading or writing disabilities to put the extra in to complete the work that, while at their instructional level, still takes time? If you have any ideas to share-- PLEASE DO!

Add Un-motivated teens! to Twitter Add Un-motivated teens! to Facebook Add Un-motivated teens! to MySpace Add Un-motivated teens! to Del.icio.us Digg Un-motivated teens! Add Un-motivated teens! to Yahoo My Web Add Un-motivated teens! to Google Bookmarks Add Un-motivated teens! to Stumbleupon Add Un-motivated teens! to Reddit
#235948 - 03/24/06 01:47 AM Re: Un-motivated teens!
ReadingEditor Offline
Amoeba

Loc: Denver
I have had the most success with a fixed homework time. For examle 5-6:30pm we do homework. If the child has only one hour of homework the remaining 30 minutes are used for reading, practicing math facts or handwriting. By having a set time in which only homework can be done, nothing is gained by rushing through an assignment

Add Re: Un-motivated teens! to Twitter Add Re: Un-motivated teens! to Facebook Add Re: Un-motivated teens! to MySpace Add Re: Un-motivated teens! to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Un-motivated teens! Add Re: Un-motivated teens! to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Un-motivated teens! to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Un-motivated teens! to Stumbleupon Add Re: Un-motivated teens! to Reddit
#235949 - 03/24/06 04:09 AM Re: Un-motivated teens!
Lynn_B Offline
Koala

Loc: Texas, US
I'm waiting to see if there's more feedback. I have a six year old who is considered "borderline ADHD" that's difficult to motivate--we refuse to medicate since behavior modification has worked pretty well. I'm sorely dreading the teenage years. I watch this site all the time for tips on teen issues.

Add Re: Un-motivated teens! to Twitter Add Re: Un-motivated teens! to Facebook Add Re: Un-motivated teens! to MySpace Add Re: Un-motivated teens! to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Un-motivated teens! Add Re: Un-motivated teens! to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Un-motivated teens! to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Un-motivated teens! to Stumbleupon Add Re: Un-motivated teens! to Reddit
#790886 - 11/03/12 08:35 AM Re: Un-motivated teens! [Re: anne_sdi]
Celestine - Learning Dis Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

Loc: Tennessee, USA
Reading an interesting story (topics that the child is interested in) to your child on a regular basis increases interest in reading. The trick is to build interest in the story, then stop. You want him or her to inquire about what will happen next.

The interest in writing can be increased by allowing the child to use simple writing prompts about the story, such as possible endings to the story.

Learning Disabilities Site
Learning Disabilities Forum

Follow Me on Twitter

Like Me on Facebook

Moderator:  Celestine - Special Ed 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Southwestern Shrimp & Eggs - a late nite crave!
by Allyson - USACook/HomeCook
American Regional Cuisine
Yesterday at 10:59 PM
Replace one word... (new game)
by Rick - Funny Flicks
Comedy Movies
Yesterday at 10:51 PM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by Rick - Funny Flicks
Comedy Movies
Yesterday at 10:50 PM
100 days of gratitude
by Lynne - ChristianLiving
Christian Living
Yesterday at 06:55 PM
Rosetta has arrived!!!
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Yesterday at 06:17 PM
Are You Limiting Your Imagination
by Tracy - Philosophy
Philosophy
Yesterday at 06:12 PM
Reincarnation of sisters in Hexham
by ParanormalHost
Paranormal
Yesterday at 04:57 PM
Shopping at Walmart Game
by Sandra Investing/HFinance
Home Finance
Yesterday at 04:33 PM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Rosie 66
Contests & Sweepstakes
Yesterday at 04:25 PM
Four Documentaries on Tibetan Buddhism
by Lisa - Buddhism
Buddhism
Yesterday at 02:42 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 68 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.