Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

This journalist is well respected and works in all types of media, so his articles wherever they turn up are normally interesting, with relevant opinions...........but although this particular newspaper is one of the UK's most popular it is unfortunately also one of its worst.

What do you think Yvonnie? Does Max Hastings viewpoint in this article reflect real life or not?

Superstorm Sandy and the US Election

Last edited by Francine - German Culture; 11/02/12 03:48 AM.

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Great article. Francine, that just about says it all. Sickening in the extreme. Our people are suffering, yet we keep electing obstructionist politicians. Maybe a quote about reaping what you sow would be appropriate here.

Last edited by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches; 11/02/12 07:15 AM.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Francine-

This article is great. I am sharing it with my Democratic and Republican and Libertarian friends.

It has been the most heart-breaking election ever. I have heard people say things I never thought they would say and I have discovered that many people have expressed views in one direction for years and now are showing me something very different.

I sort of disappeared from the freedom of political speech for a few days just to breathe.

I have had to turn back to my spiritual roots to heal.

It has been scary, overwhelming, and shocking. I think Facebook, Twitter, and 24hour media outlets aided in our over stimulation and sensitivity in the matter.

So, thank God it is all over. And hopefully, as citizens, we will accept our elected President and REQUIRE our elected Officials to work in our favor and not for the benefit of simply supporting their party. We have to remember what we stand for and forget about our personal opinions of the individual running the country. We have to remember that the politicians work for us and we need to remind them of what we expect of them. Forget about party lines and expect results.

That is all.

Thanks again for sharing Francine. Please send more after the results are in.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

I so agree with your statement Yvonnie, and it applies to every country which actually has the luxury of free elections.

"And hopefully, as citizens, we will accept our elected President and REQUIRE our elected Officials to work in our favor and not for the benefit of simply supporting their party".

Here are some links to opinions and comments as you asked.

So much out there of course, but these three are quite diverse and because of that interesting.

Rightly or wrongly, in general the European attitude throughout the media and political world this morning is one of something approaching relief, as is the global reaction.

Personally I am making no comment one way or the other, but the impression seemed to be that for whatever reason Mr. Romney not only appeared not to understand there were vast differences in the "haves and have nots" within the USA itself, which had to be dealt with and not ignored, but at the same time he also showed little knowledge of, or interest in, world affairs or the countries around the world he visited.

Of course with an enlightened team behind him possibly both the image and/or the fact could have been corrected, however again the majority opinion not only in Europe but also in the world's press is that that would have been a bit of a risky jump in the dark for the USA.

It is really sad Connie if as you say the article is an accurate one, now wouldn't it be good if both parties could just work together and compromise for the sake of your country? Let's hope "stonewalling" is a thing of the past.

Incidentally I fell about laughing to read that Donald Trump suggests a "revolution" is necessary...........oh dear smile

A Reasoned Analysis from an "intelligent" newspaper

An Intellectual Analysis from a leading European News Magazine

An "Easy Read" from a "popular" newspaper, with lots of photos

Last edited by Francine - German Culture; 11/07/12 07:54 AM.

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Francine-

I too fall over laughing at many of the statements of Donald Trump.

Meanwhile, this is my position on the U.S. going forward. This country is extremely varied. I cannot fathom that a man, that only knows people like himself (meaning, he has lived in a bubble whether by religion or community, has never traveled outside of the country nor become affiliated with people that oppose his position or challenge his beliefs) could ever expect to successfully manage a free nation like this one; diverse in as many ways as we could imagine a people to be.

So, to me that means, anyone that desires the title of U.S. President, from this day forward, needs to become educated in the world and in the diversity of this nation. You cannot understand or meet the needs of the people if you have never known them. A level of respect and understanding for others (different than you) must be a requirement and a standard for consideration as a great leader.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.