Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#790621 11/01/12 05:57 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
OK this is for all participants in NaNoWriMo, to keep us up to date with your progress! You can also post in area-specific forums to get specific help in those areas smile.

I'm writing a nature-mystery and I began it today at 4:30pm. I ended writing at 5:30pm. I finished my first chapter, and wrote 2680 words. So I'm on my way! I enjoyed it a lot. It was great fun.

I had gone out to the woods earlier in the day, so the smells, sights, and sounds were all fresh in my mind. And we even passed a ranger while we were in there, so now he's in my story!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
Shark
Shark
T
That is great news, Lisa. Congrats on the good start smile I have just finished writing for the evening and managed 1,720 words.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
That's fantastic news Clare! Good for you!

You're getting your mind well oiled and spinning!

Low Carb Forum
T
Shark
Shark
T
Thanks Lisa, I was so pleased to hit my target today. You have done brilliantly, keep up the good work smile

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
1,754 on a sci-fi piece. I've never written that much in one day. What a good feeling!

Now I'd better finish my bellaonline writing. smile

Alice Andersen
Horror Literature
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Dear Alice -

That is awesome news! That's exactly what NaNoWriMo is about - to push you out of your comfort zone and show what you're capable of! Congratulations!!

I adore SciFi. Are you posting in the SciFi forum about the novel's content?

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I just wrote for 50 minutes and wrote another 2,175 words. So that's 4,855 total for me so far. I'm enjoying this immensely. I am doing it a scene at a time so since I already have the scene envisioned, from "walking through it" before I write, I then just write what I imagined smile.

How are you guys doing today?

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I wrote 2226 words today for total of 7081 total. Again I wrote for about an hour today.

Today was my first "day with distractions". My son decided to come over for the weekend, and Bob was out shopping. So first I was writing in James' room while he did computer stuff, but then he decided to start watching videos which was quite distracting. And then Bob called part-way through to ask what type of Chinese he should bring home for dinner. So I was trying to write from 4:20pm to 5:30pm. In the middle was 5 minutes (I timed it) on the phone with Bob and then 5 minutes when I gave up on working there and moved my laptop and stuff all downstairs to the living room.

Still, despite the distraction I had great fun writing out today's scene. Today with James being here I didn't go out and "walk the ground" as I'd done the first two days. I had to just write about going to Paul's house instead of actually going there as I'd wanted to. Still, I've been there enough times that I could describe it well, and I used the actual weather and such. Much of today's writing was laying out the field of suspects, so that dialogue was not dependent on physically being somewhere.

So far so good! I'm enjoying the story flow immensely, and enjoying how the characters are developing.

I'm not going back to revise or edit at *all* right now. I'm simply staying with my one-hour-a-day project to see how this could work for others who are thinking about attempting NaNoWriMo and who have limited free time.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Every time I try to post about my writing something happens and messes things up and suddenly my "nearly finished" post gets deleted. So, I'll try one more time and hope to get it posted.

I've been doing my writing shortly after midnight each night (and once a little bit before). I'm still a couple hundred words ahead, but I'll be getting a little bit behind tonight due to getting up early tomorrow for meetings.

This is the longest I've stuck to my NaNoWriMo in the previous years of signing up to meet the challenge. But, this year, I believe I actually have it in me to win.

PS I'll gladly take all the words of encouragement I can get.

Beverly Elrod
May all your thoughts be CRAFTY ones!

Beya's Craft & Hobby
Beya's Backyard Tatting

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Dear Beverly -

I'm sorry to hear about the forum, hopefully it is behaving better now!

That is great that you've found a schedule that works well for you, and you're even ahead of things! Congratulations!

You definitely can do it. I absolutely believe in you smile. Take it one day at a time!

Low Carb Forum
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.