Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
If you're writing a NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel, post your daily progress here! That way we can all encourage each other.

I'm aiming for a chapter each day, with me actually going to the location first to get a "real today sense" of what the place is like on that very day. That way the weather, bird sounds, temperature, etc is all exactly right. So I can't really "write ahead".

Today I went out to the forest, which is where my heroine finds the body. I got back and started writing at 4:30pm. I finished at 5:30pm, so an hour, and my first chapter was done. It's 2680 words. So I'm on my way!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Day two and another quota met. I'm not calling them chapters at this point. I'm going for a complete scene for each day.

Now I'd better get something written for School Reform!

Maeve Maddox
School Reform
E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Lisa, that sounds like fun to go right out to the very atmosphere you are writing about. That type of research must add quality to your story.

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Maeve, sometimes you might have a scene or two and other times a chapter or just a long outline of what you want to write next. It's interesting what you come up with during the writing time.

You might end up writing a letter to your best friend just to get something down and the next day you are off and running again. Just don't get discouraged if you don't write stellar prose every day. As the found says, December if for editing. Just keep writing!!!

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
This is day two and I got about half way through today and kept getting interruptions. I'll have to finish up later this afternoon and post how I did. Yesterday was a good start with about 1700 words.

How are you doing?

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Maeve -

That's true, they aren't necessarily chapters, they could get rearranged when I'm done. They are more like scenes.

That is great that you've met your goals each day! Nicely done!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Edie -

I'm lucky in that I can simply close my door and ignore interruptions smile. I start, I keep writing, and then I can end. Is there any way to "train" your environment to leave you in peace? Maybe this would be great training to help you with all your projects!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Today for me was Day 2. So in my story my character wakes up upset, does yoga, talks with the ranger on the phone, and uses the internet to learn more about the victim.

So I did all those things in real life. I woke up, went down and did yoga, pretended to talk with the ranger, and then did a check of the local paper on the internet to see what it was talking about.

So then when I sat down to write it all flowed out of my head quite smoothly. I could talk about the red-tailed hawk I saw during yoga. (I do yoga facing out the back sliding glass door, overlooking my back yard). I could talk about how the paper's webpage was obsessed with the upcoming election. I could weave that all into my story.

So that was 50 minutes of writing, and another 2175 words. So I'm at 4855 total.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Today I went into the second session knowing only that my protagonist was going to meet her niece for the first time. I had no idea what a charming young girl was waiting in my imagination. Writing is soooo cool.

Maeve Maddox
School Reform
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
That is *awesome* Maeve - good for you!! That is definitely so true, that releasing one's mind from critical thought can be liberating. The words and thoughts finally have their chance to flow onto a page!

Low Carb Forum
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Edie - MysteryBooksEd 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.