Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
ashjoielee, johnnie55, uveuleurz, Noitartst, KAMI
57306 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57307 Members
417 Forums
113279 Topics
803677 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 570
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 369
Beetlemess 279
Jana - Creativity Editor 263
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 81
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 61
Dorcy 55
Nancy Roussy 53
Linu 47
Sandra Investing/HFinance 46
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#790619 - 11/01/12 09:53 PM NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

If you're writing a NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel, post your daily progress here! That way we can all encourage each other.

I'm aiming for a chapter each day, with me actually going to the location first to get a "real today sense" of what the place is like on that very day. That way the weather, bird sounds, temperature, etc is all exactly right. So I can't really "write ahead".

Today I went out to the forest, which is where my heroine finds the body. I got back and started writing at 4:30pm. I finished at 5:30pm, so an hour, and my first chapter was done. It's 2680 words. So I'm on my way!

Add NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress to Twitter Add NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress to Facebook Add NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress to MySpace Add NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress to Del.icio.us Digg NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress Add NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress to Yahoo My Web Add NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress to Google Bookmarks Add NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress to Stumbleupon Add NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress to Reddit
#790714 - 11/02/12 03:06 PM Re: NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Maeve Maddox-School Ref Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Loc: Fayetteville AR
Day two and another quota met. I'm not calling them chapters at this point. I'm going for a complete scene for each day.

Now I'd better get something written for School Reform!

Add Re: NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress to Twitter Add Re: NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress to Facebook Add Re: NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress to MySpace Add Re: NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress to Del.icio.us Digg Re: NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress Add Re: NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress to Yahoo My Web Add Re: NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress to Google Bookmarks Add Re: NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress to Stumbleupon Add Re: NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress to Reddit
#790746 - 11/02/12 05:42 PM Re: NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Edie - MysteryBooksEd Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Texas
Lisa, that sounds like fun to go right out to the very atmosphere you are writing about. That type of research must add quality to your story.
ElderCareCafe

Add Re: NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress to Twitter Add Re: NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress to Facebook Add Re: NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress to MySpace Add Re: NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress to Del.icio.us Digg Re: NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress Add Re: NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress to Yahoo My Web Add Re: NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress to Google Bookmarks Add Re: NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress to Stumbleupon Add Re: NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress to Reddit
#790747 - 11/02/12 05:45 PM Re: NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Maeve, sometimes you might have a scene or two and other times a chapter or just a long outline of what you want to write next. It's interesting what you come up with during the writing time.

You might end up writing a letter to your best friend just to get something down and the next day you are off and running again. Just don't get discouraged if you don't write stellar prose every day. As the found says, December if for editing. Just keep writing!!!
ElderCareCafe

#790748 - 11/02/12 05:50 PM Re: NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

This is day two and I got about half way through today and kept getting interruptions. I'll have to finish up later this afternoon and post how I did. Yesterday was a good start with about 1700 words.

How are you doing?
ElderCareCafe

#790774 - 11/02/12 08:16 PM Re: NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress [Re: Maeve Maddox-School Ref]
BellaOnline Editor

Maeve -

That's true, they aren't necessarily chapters, they could get rearranged when I'm done. They are more like scenes.

That is great that you've met your goals each day! Nicely done!

#790775 - 11/02/12 08:18 PM Re: NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Edie -

I'm lucky in that I can simply close my door and ignore interruptions smile. I start, I keep writing, and then I can end. Is there any way to "train" your environment to leave you in peace? Maybe this would be great training to help you with all your projects!

#790777 - 11/02/12 08:20 PM Re: NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Today for me was Day 2. So in my story my character wakes up upset, does yoga, talks with the ranger on the phone, and uses the internet to learn more about the victim.

So I did all those things in real life. I woke up, went down and did yoga, pretended to talk with the ranger, and then did a check of the local paper on the internet to see what it was talking about.

So then when I sat down to write it all flowed out of my head quite smoothly. I could talk about the red-tailed hawk I saw during yoga. (I do yoga facing out the back sliding glass door, overlooking my back yard). I could talk about how the paper's webpage was obsessed with the upcoming election. I could weave that all into my story.

So that was 50 minutes of writing, and another 2175 words. So I'm at 4855 total.

#790805 - 11/02/12 10:03 PM Re: NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Maeve Maddox-School Ref Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Loc: Fayetteville AR
Today I went into the second session knowing only that my protagonist was going to meet her niece for the first time. I had no idea what a charming young girl was waiting in my imagination. Writing is soooo cool.

#790807 - 11/02/12 10:11 PM Re: NaNoWriMo Mystery Novel Progress [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

That is *awesome* Maeve - good for you!! That is definitely so true, that releasing one's mind from critical thought can be liberating. The words and thoughts finally have their chance to flow onto a page!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Edie - MysteryBooksEd 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
New game - Quote it
by Dorcy
Creativity
20 minutes 24 seconds ago
Music ABC game
by "Rosie"
Pop Music
47 minutes 59 seconds ago
Treasure your Body - Whatever its Shape
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Low Carb
Yesterday at 09:08 PM
B.K.S. Iyengar Brought Life to Yoga
by Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor
Yoga
Yesterday at 08:57 PM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Contests & Sweepstakes
Yesterday at 05:21 PM
Shopping at Walmart Game
Home Finance
Yesterday at 05:20 PM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
Comedy Movies
Yesterday at 05:19 PM
It's Halloween Time
Horror Movies
Yesterday at 04:08 PM
I went NUTS last week!
Home Cooking
Yesterday at 01:14 PM
Weekly Monday Weigh-In
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Low Carb
Yesterday at 01:05 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.