Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Often times what we call friendships are really just acquaintences or misinterpreted romance.

Do you have a friend who keeps cancelling plans, dumps you when a man calls or something more entertaining pops up?

If so, what did you do, what would you do next time around and how did it make you feel?

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I forgot I posted this, but I've had a few people dealing w/issues like this w/marriage, friendship, abusive relationships, etc.

I have though found a few things that help if you want the situation less painful than it may be.

One, boundaries. If you happen to be going through something like this, nothing is worse than taking a leap of faith only to be stood up again for something more exciting than your company.

The other thing I've found to be prepared for is after boundaries are set in motion, it can have a boomerang affect or projection. So, the table is sort of turned around with a feeling or an attempt to make you feel as if you are the responsible party for being inflexible...

IF this should happen, and especially if you care for a person, it's helpful to really know for a fact who you are inside and IF it's really you doing damage or just basic self-preservation smile

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
K
K
I am guilty of this because of a health issue. I warn my friends that with Fibromyalgia sometimes I may not be up to doing a certain activity like shopping etc. I have chronic pain and somedays are better then others. Most of my friends say they understand but I have lost some friends due to calling in sick one too many times. I wish people would not have such high expectations of me as I am struggling with Fibromyalgia and unless you have it you could never understand it. I even have trouble understanding why some days I have energy and other days I'm forced to lay down by the pain.

Before I had fibro I rarely could not keep date with a friend unless I was sick. I never liked being cancelled on by a friend that would rather do something with her boyfriend at the last minute. Also if someone said they would be there to help me say, move and then not show up, that is just plain irresponsible.

"To have a friend you have to be a friend".

Moderated by  Kate Relationships Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.