Print Thread
#790320 10/31/12 02:47 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hey Ian-

I was moved to look into Wicca and was instantly diverted to Shamanism.

Help.

Being a part of the Bellaonline family, I have been waiting for the right cues for my journey. The Faery world did not strike an exact cord. Clairovoyance, Tarot, and Dreams also felt well placed, but were not exactly where I belonged. Paganism felt very close, but without the direct hit I was in search of. This time though, I know I am on the right track.

I cannot decipher which one I should delve into first. I feel like I already know (at the core of my being-it has always been there) degrees of Shamanism and am at the stage where I need to be reconnected and further 'trained'. Shaman journeying, if I understand it correctly, has almost always been a part of my world/life. I had to pry myself away from it when I decided to marry ( a choice I greatly regret).

In terms of Wicca, I feel like there is a lot to learn there and there are elements that I must get attuned to; herbs, crystals, a connection to earth/animals/etc. Maybe these elements are also dealt with in Shamanism.

I am being called/pulled very strongly at this time and am within reach of something/IT. It's like looking at the perfectly wrapped, red, gift box under the tree. Being told that the gift is perfect for you, exactly what you have been waiting for, but then, being told you must wait, without a time limit.

I know you are the key to my next step. I'm waiting...

Tell me more and, if possible, tell me where to start.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hi Yvonnie

Shamanism is perhaps the oldest of Pagan paths, pre-dating any organised religion. You very much evolve your own connections with the Divine and nature the key thing being to maintain a balanced development between shared reality, the physical world, and the Otherworld.

When I began my training in Magick I learned to work from the physical world towards the Otherworld rather than the other way around. I do have a good book on Celtic Shamanism that I will find and pass the details on to you, but I would also suggest looking for some 'living with the land' experiences/courses in your area. You might also find it useful to try some of the energy-based martial arts such as Tai Chi (especially if the style uses 'Push Hands'), Wing Chung, Bujinkan Ninjutsu, or one of the more 'internal' styles of Aikido.

Dowsing is also a useful skill to learn. Both to connect you with your unconscious mind, and to become aware of energies - for want of a better word- in the environment. To this end here is a link to The American Society of Dowsers . Like the British Society of Dowsers they run courses actually finding things before moving on to energy fields and similar ephemera. It's also a good networking group for encountering like minded people.

Will look out that book, and let me know how things go smile

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thanks Ian.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Dug out the book, it's called By Oak Ash and Thorn, written by D J Conway. It covers Celtic Shamanism, but also has source material relating to other styles. Hope you might find it useful.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Also found another potentially useful book and site

Shamanism in Siberia

Hope it helps smile

Ian - Pagan Editor

Dalai Lama

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.