logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Do birds species naturally interbreed resulting in hybrids in nature? What are some of the more common hybrid macaws? Enjoy the amazing hybrid macaw picture. Learn more about hybrid macaw breeding. Share your opinion about hybrid macaw parrots. Do you approve or disapprove. What is your favorite hybrid?

Hybrid Macaws

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hybridizing gives us the image of humans in lab coats, playing God, tampering with genetics to engineer new life forms. But this isn't the macabre notion that it sounds like. Mother Nature, herself, is continually creating new life forms through evolution.

Your argument is similar to the one between zoologists and naturalists over the artificial environments of zoos. Hundreds of species go quietly into the night (extinction), without any notice at all, on a regular basis when they cannot evolve quickly enough to be sustained in ever-changing environments. This has been the way of life since the beginning of life on Earth.

Should we save them for the sake of saving them, along with their genetic codes, for scientific purposes? Sure, why not? As long as the species are kept humanely and happily. We have a massive seed bank that stores ancient seeds.

But against hybridization? {shrug} It's nature way to push the envelope of creation.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
The interesting thing Lori I wrote many articles a while back knowing I'd be in and out of the hospital quite a bit and this article had been one of them. When I wrote the article I was not against hybrids and thought I had written the article to represents both sides of the argument. I just now went and read the article and realized I had basically argued against hybrids throughout the whole article. I really had intended on being fair and NOT focus on, what I thought was my side FOR hybrids. Now I wonder if the internal me isn't against the whole idea.
I have had such a long-term anger about man's destruction of the earth and the amount of life, animal and plant that has become extinct, or is close to extinction. There is a natural process of extinction but man and his money grubbing paws has accelerated the process greatly.

Some species only exist because they have been kept in captivity. One example is the beautiful Spinx's macaw. Because of the captive breeding program there is a possibility of survival of the species. However, when I discuss captive breeding programs for the close to extinct tiger people really get their drawers in a roar. There is a good possibility that this is the only hope of survival of the species. Are we saving close to extinct animals for only scientific purposes or do we have another reason.

Seed banks may be the only hope of human survival. We are stupidly growing hybrids for bigger yields. The big famine when the potatoes became infected was the results of growing only one variety. Except for what is in seed banks most varieties are long gone. What is mankind doing to themselves but moving toward our own extinction?

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Oh, I thought your writing was fair. I wasn't responding to your argument for either side. Just offering my own thoughts.

As for humans, we too are evolving. What we do not see in the media, which focuses more on either pop culture or sensational news, is what is going on behind-the-scenes of popular science and commercial society. There is a mad dash propelling us towards human evolution to stay one step ahead of extinction.

Society holds such dreary and hopeless thoughts because we hear only the negatives. But there is good work going on. Even if there is mass destruction in any portion of the earth, some will survive to live on. A hardier, stronger, more moral, new human strain. Expanded awareness. Evolved and ever-evolving. Humans who will do what we have been doing ever since we appeared on earth: manipulating our environment to ensure our survival.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I think I spend too much time watching the news after these back surgeries I get very negative. Time to reevaluate how I spend my recoup time. Most humans are wonderful, loving, and giving. Though, some and hopefully a small majority, take from the earth and don't give back in return.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
The news. We need to be informed but sheesh. The network news focuses only on the tragedies. That is why I love to watch Science Channel, Nature, Discovery, etc. because they run programs on cutting edge developments. The positive stuff.

I am an optimist, Diana, but I don't know if even I can say "most" humans are wonderful, loving and giving. It safer to say that "some" are. The rest live life without a whole lot of awareness outside of hand-to-mouth survival.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Exotic pets/companion pets get only bad press the only thing you see on the news is the rare tragedy. Then they over sensationalize it to the point of stirring the public into changing laws.

C
Shark
Shark
C
I personally don't see a thing wrong with raising hybrid birds. It does occasionally happen in the wild. There will always be more pure bloodline birds than hybrids. So the purity of the species will be safe.

F
Gecko
Gecko
F
In the article, you say: "Many people will tell you that birds do not breed outside their own genus in the wild. This is simply not true. In fact, there was once a thread in the Birding Forum that referred to two different species of cranes breeding."

You do realize that inter-species breeding is not the same as inter-genus breeding?

Could you give any examples of inter-genus breeding in the wild?

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Actually I do realize that but after two major spine surgeries the last couple of months I found myself making a few mistakes. Brain is beginning to defog. Forgive my misnomer.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.