Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Yma, Wholesale Leggings, Letonya M., xaritsu, elina
57015 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57015 Members
417 Forums
112564 Topics
795915 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 792
Beetlemess 642
Karm - SW USA Editor 355
Nancy Roussy 178
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 135
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 131
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 122
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 117
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 106
Linu 93
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#792531 - 11/13/12 05:47 PM Re: Choosing a Partner [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Dependability is definitely important to me as well. I also value respect, honesty, communication, affection, sense of humor, and physical chemistry. It is great if we share some interests, but it is nice to have our own hobbies and friends as well. Time apart is just as important as time together.

Add Re: Choosing a Partner to Twitter Add Re: Choosing a Partner to Facebook Add Re: Choosing a Partner to MySpace Add Re: Choosing a Partner to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Choosing a Partner Add Re: Choosing a Partner to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Choosing a Partner to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Choosing a Partner to Stumbleupon Add Re: Choosing a Partner to Reddit
#792551 - 11/13/12 08:07 PM Re: Choosing a Partner [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
Maybe I am a little sensitive to the dependability issue because I don't see myself as very dependable. I try hard, but with my mental health issues, it ends up being a huge challenge, and frankly, not a priority.

I'd like to think I am still worthwhile to be around.

Add Re: Choosing a Partner to Twitter Add Re: Choosing a Partner to Facebook Add Re: Choosing a Partner to MySpace Add Re: Choosing a Partner to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Choosing a Partner Add Re: Choosing a Partner to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Choosing a Partner to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Choosing a Partner to Stumbleupon Add Re: Choosing a Partner to Reddit
#792562 - 11/13/12 08:35 PM Re: Choosing a Partner [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Debbie -

Those are all good traits to look for! I imagine for example if someone was dependable but had zero affection at all, that it might be rough. It would be like having a butler, not a partner smile.

I agree completely that a couple needs to be standalone people too smile.

#792563 - 11/13/12 08:38 PM Re: Choosing a Partner [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Jilly -

We all have different strengths, and that is quite fine! For example, several people have mentioned a sense of humor. I think I might be low on the sense of humor scale smile. And that is OK! I have other things I am good at. We all are unique people and we all have different challenges and that is wonderful.

And with that all being said, think of all the times you have been there for someone who really needed you. When it was important, you turned your life upside down to be there for a person. That is definitely dependability.

#792581 - 11/13/12 09:12 PM Re: Choosing a Partner [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

I like your sense of humor, Lisa! But I think I appreciate your goofiness because my humor is rather goofy too.

I have a lot of integrity, but that's not really dependability. I will absolutely be there for someone when the chips are down. But for the little, small, everyday reliability functions, that person isn't me.

I have to learn to say no more clearly, or be more specifically, verbally tentative about plans, because I never know that day if it will be a good day for me, or a stay in bed day. Some days I can't do people things; I'd rather hide. No matter what my good intentions were when I agreed to something. I've let a lot of people down. Never on the important things, but on many small occasions.

I am never reliable for social or employment functions. But I WILL do what's needed for another, when it really matters.

#793057 - 11/17/12 01:16 AM Re: Choosing a Partner [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Burt B. Offline
Chipmunk

Hi Jilly,

I'm glad you mentioned the dependability thing -- as you can see a lot of womenfolk look for that -- man or woman the lack of dependability has to be dealt with -- you acknowledged it, so it is ok now for me to acknowledge it here too.

Thank You,

Burt B.
P.S. I haven't been around for a while -- reworking the computer system.

#793066 - 11/17/12 01:55 AM Re: Choosing a Partner [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

You are welcome, Burt. I figure if we can't talk here, where can we talk?

#793067 - 11/17/12 02:00 AM Re: Choosing a Partner [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

Loc: Mont Tremblant,quebec Can
To Burt,

Ah Krishnamurti

loong

Edited by loongdragon (11/17/12 02:14 AM)

#793069 - 11/17/12 02:03 AM Re: Choosing a Partner [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

To Jilly,

If you were not so far away, I would have liked to visit for a while,doing nothing ,exchanging ideas.I don't think my car can take me where you are.
Too bad

loong

#793073 - 11/17/12 02:13 AM Re: Choosing a Partner [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

To Lisa and all,
Back on the subject.In choosing a partner, to me total honesty
would be the main part.I have been the base of my life for 36 years.Fidelity,she also living a spiritual path,not necessarely
buddhism ,but spiritually inspired.Honor and trust.
Now you see why I am alone.

With respect
loong

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  JOY ( Self Development ) 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
What's your guilty viewing pleasure?
by Dianne W - Editor
Action Movies
28 minutes 27 seconds ago
New Editor!
by Dianne W - Editor
Action Movies
35 minutes 13 seconds ago
Verify Interview Information
by Dianne W - Editor
Job Search
37 minutes 43 seconds ago
Replace one word... (new game)
by Rosie 66
Comedy Movies
Today at 04:25 PM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Rosie 66
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 04:22 PM
Gilbert's Beef and Cheddar Craft Sausage Review
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Sandwiches
Today at 03:27 PM
Kidnapped Nigerian girls: should we get involved?
by Gordon Barlow
Human Rights
Today at 03:22 PM
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Gordon Barlow
Inspiration
Today at 03:14 PM
Name some Angels & Their Meaning
by Rosie 66
Bible Basics
Today at 03:12 PM
Wow, we've got crickets here!
by Gordon Barlow
Crime
Today at 03:04 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.