Live, Laugh and Love
�Making a difference in the world one person at a time�
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
To all,

I did my first meeting in A.A. on January 17 1977.Makes 35 years ago.If youread the method,one thing is primary important.
Total honesty.Done my 12 steps still live them ,but moved to higher spirituality.It is written in the big book that the twelve steps are only the beginning of spirituality.

The head office is in New York,and the sad part is ,told by
N.Y. only 5 % of members go through the 12 step and really recover.

A recovered alcoolic
normand J.
also known as loong

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hello Everyone -

There are two very good 'tools' that one can use personally if you wish to improve yourself for any reason and many millions around the world use them.

The first is the Serentity Prayer and the second is a poem called Just for Today.

Recite them; read them; ponder on them; and use them at will and see how you can improve yourself from anything and for any reason - whether an addiction or not.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
GOD,
Grant me the SERENITY to accept the things I cannot change,
The COURAGE to change the things I can and
the WISDOM to know the difference.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A popular aid is the Just for Today card that many people following any kind of 12-step recovery programme uses.

I know many people though, who use it as a daily meditation to a path towards self-improvement. I used to belong to a 'JUST FOR TODAY' Club when I was younger (?) and we used to meet like a book club might do to talkabout each stanza and help each other along. Of course it is useful with anything, anything at all ... from being a patient Mom to keeping a tidy and clean house!

�Just for today I will try to live through this day only, and not tackle all my problems at once. I can do something for twelve hours that would appall me if I felt that I had to keep it up for a lifetime.

�Just for today I will be happy. This assumes to be true what Abraham Lincoln said, that most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.

�Just for today I will adjust myself to what is, and not try to adjust everything to my own desires. I will take my luck as it comes, and fit myself to it.

�Just for today I will try to strengthen my mind. I will study. I will learn something useful. I will not be a mental loafer. I will read something that requires effort, thought and concentration.

�Just for today I will exercise my soul in three ways: I will do somebody a good turn, and not get found out; if anybody knows of it, it will not count. I will do at least two things I don�t want to do just for exercise. I will not show anyone that my feelings are hurt; they may be hurt, but today I will not show it.

�Just for today I will be agreeable. I will look as well as I can, dress becomingly, keep my voice low, be courteous, criticise not one bit. I won�t find fault with anything, nor try to improve or regulate anybody but myself.

�Just for today I will have a programme. I may not follow it exactly, but I will have it. I will save myself from two pests: Hurry and Indecision.

�Just for today I will have a quiet half hour all by myself and relax. During this half hour, sometime, I will try to get a better perspective of my life.

�Just for today I will be unafraid. Especially I will not be afraid to enjoy what is beautiful and to believe that as I give to the world, so the world will give to me.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

As far as I know this is the original, though of course many have changed the words to suit other purposes. I prefer the original of anything so hence this version above!

Cheers now

Last edited by Lestie - ContainerGardens; 04/03/12 09:03 AM.

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
Koala
Koala
To all and none,

Just to share that january 17 th 2013 iwill have been sober for
36 years,clean & sober,Stopped everything on jan.17 th 1977.One year later same date stopped smoking cigarettes.2 1/2 packs a day.This was all done one day at the time,with the help of the 12
steps.

loongdragon

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kathy - 12 Step Recovery 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.