Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
aznovel, N1k0le, mama paa, Ruth Sattler RN, freespirit86
56982 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56983 Members
417 Forums
112490 Topics
794968 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 832
Beetlemess 747
Karm - SW USA Editor 254
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 209
Nancy Roussy 183
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 155
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 125
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 115
Linu 114
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 91
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#790515 - 11/01/12 01:04 PM Re: Things your Parents did that work perfectly now [Re: Yvonnie-Inspired]
Lisa - Moms Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Arizona
Good point, Francine.

We did not always know what we were gleaming from our parents - until later on.

I think the efforts to create a family mission statement - together with your children - may help them realize some of our parental efforts. smile

Does your family mission statement change when your children are involved in creating it?

Moms Site

Add Re: Things your Parents did that work perfectly now to Twitter Add Re: Things your Parents did that work perfectly now to Facebook Add Re: Things your Parents did that work perfectly now to MySpace Add Re: Things your Parents did that work perfectly now to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Things your Parents did that work perfectly now Add Re: Things your Parents did that work perfectly now to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Things your Parents did that work perfectly now to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Things your Parents did that work perfectly now to Stumbleupon Add Re: Things your Parents did that work perfectly now to Reddit
#790906 - 11/03/12 02:51 PM Re: Things your Parents did that work perfectly now [Re: Lisa - Moms]
Yvonnie-Inspired Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Illinois, US
Lisa-

Letting the kids help with the Family Mission Statement (ugh), that sounds interesting and yet I am uncertain if I could stand it (lol).

I give so much of me (and maybe they would say I am giving when they are not requiring). So, being able to come back to the mission statement and recognize that I have at least not given in vain makes me feel wonderful.

If I let them help with the mission I would feel like I am really giving the whole kitchen away.

Now that I have said that in my out loud voice, I realize that I should let them hear the mission statement and help tweak it.

Funny thing is, when they were really small we used to agree that my job was simply to keep them safe and let them explore. Wonder what they will think now.

Add Re: Things your Parents did that work perfectly now to Twitter Add Re: Things your Parents did that work perfectly now to Facebook Add Re: Things your Parents did that work perfectly now to MySpace Add Re: Things your Parents did that work perfectly now to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Things your Parents did that work perfectly now Add Re: Things your Parents did that work perfectly now to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Things your Parents did that work perfectly now to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Things your Parents did that work perfectly now to Stumbleupon Add Re: Things your Parents did that work perfectly now to Reddit
#791130 - 11/05/12 02:30 AM Re: Things your Parents did that work perfectly now [Re: Yvonnie-Inspired]
Lisa - Moms Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

There would probably have to be two versions of the family mission statement wink

Moms Site

#792965 - 11/16/12 06:38 PM Re: Things your Parents did that work perfectly now [Re: Yvonnie-Inspired]
Carolyn Golden Offline

My parents always talked extensively to us kids &amp; answered all of our questions, so that is what I try to employ - taking the time to listen and answer. So hopefully when they get older they will see me as a resource and someone they can talk to. I loath to think of when they are teenagers and shut me out, although I know at some point that will probably happen, but I am trying to foster communication and exploration with them so that at least they will know I am there when needed!

#792967 - 11/16/12 06:42 PM Re: Things your Parents did that work perfectly now [Re: Carolyn Golden]
Yvonnie-Inspired Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Illinois, US
Open communication is probably something most moms wish for.

Good call Carolyn.

Welcome to the Bellaonline family and discussion/forum. I love your input.

#793415 - 11/19/12 04:40 PM Re: Things your Parents did that work perfectly now [Re: Yvonnie-Inspired]
Lisa - Moms Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Yes! Communication is soooo important.

Listening !

I marvel at my husband - he answers their questions the same way he'd answer it if I was the one asking it - with 'big' words and detailed explanations. I think this shows our children deep Respect ! which is another important component of communication.

Thanks, Carolyn

Moms Site

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Lisa - Moms 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Word From Last Letter Game
by Rosie 66
Contests & Sweepstakes
04:40 AM
Replace one word... (new game)
by Rosie 66
Comedy Movies
04:39 AM
Review of Debbie Macomber book
by aznovel
Christian Literature
03:20 AM
What is your stress level today?
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
02:14 AM
New body woes
by N1k0le
Weight Loss
12:39 AM
New body woes
by N1k0le
Body Image
12:14 AM
Lisa's Daily 10pm EST / 8pm MST Meditation
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Meditation
10:16 PM
First and last letter Worldwide Recipe Game!
by Allyson - USACook/HomeCook
American Regional Cuisine
10:12 PM
Organizing jewelry making tips that work for you.
by Susan - Jewelry Making
Jewelry Making
07:09 PM
New Reviews of Male-Female Romance Novels
by Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk
Romance Novels
06:35 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 148 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.