Next Thread
Print Thread
#789867 10/28/12 12:13 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Everyone likes to tell a ghost story that "really happened" and I am not doubting supernatural phenomena in any way. But sometimes, you have to raise an eyebrow when some people jabber on about this or that specter that haunted them. Typically, these stories don't come out until the ambiance is ripe for bringing on a scary tale, such as around a campfire.

You can tell when a person has had a real encounter with the supernatural. The retelling is not just for entertainment. The tone is not theatrical. The teller sometimes is hesitant to talk about it.

I remember my uncle telling me that he never watches war movies because once you go through a real war, it isn't entertaining to watch a made-up war. He rarely spoke about his time in the war and I think it is similar to a supernatural experience. You may talk about it, but it won't be something casual or glib.

An encounter with the supernatural leaves you somehow changed. I can't say for better or for worse, just different. It's like losing one's innocence in some way. Now, it is impossible to go through life naively focused only upon the physical. There are unseen energies around us all the time, and you have to reckon with that intellectually and spiritually.

I have had so many experiences that they no longer rattle me, but, like my uncle, I do not watch Hollywood horror ghost movies unless it is based on an actual, documented true life event. Anything else is just a waste of my time.

Ghosts, spirits, demons. They aren't mere characters to give us an amusing fright. They are suffering souls.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Gecko
Gecko
J
I love to hear stories of ghosts and spirits. I always used to read these type of books.

A
A
I always liked ghost stories but scared "you-know-what" less should I actually see one. I chase ghosts and spirits as a hobby, and it's an awesome one. Most would say ghost hunting is a waste of time. Not to me. :)

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Adriana, I can understand your fascination with the paranormal. It's natural to be curious about the unseen.

Just a bit of unsolicited but friendly advice though! Please educate yourself about spirit matters before or as you head out the door to explore hauntings. Your fear can be detrimental to your health and safety. There are malevolent spirits that can manipulate your energy and your fear will be the open channel for them to do so.

If you'd like some more information about this, PM me. smile

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
W
W
[quote=Lori-Dreams] Ghosts, spirits, demons. They aren't mere characters to give us an amusing fright. They are suffering souls. [/quote] This is my first post and I am already going to disagree with someone! (I would have posted in a "welcome" area but didn't see one.) I suppose I am not disagreeing as much as [i]adding to.[/i] I've had a variety of encounters with people on the Other Side and none of them were suffering souls. On the contrary, one was obviously in what we'd call Heaven and the others were just conveying information. I'm sure there must be something very negative we'd call demons but I have no experience with them.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
No need to worry about disagreeing because I didn't make myself clear. Not all are suffering souls. Absolutely not! Those who have crossed over to a higher vibration (what you'd call Heaven) definitely are not suffering. There also are even higher dimensions of vibrational energy. No suffering there either.

But there *are* others who have not crossed over as yet, and among them are both suffering and non-suffering souls.

In my personal experience, there are many categories of spirit energy. But oh, yes indeed, there are suffering spirits. So glad you have not experienced them. They range from confused to sad, vengeful to downright evil.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Oh, and by the way, welcome, wrytermom! smile

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor

Moderated by  Deena - Paranormal Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.