Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L

Saying "come back and get your dirty clothes and hang up your towel" after a shower.... every single time.

what drives you crazy?

Lisa Pinkus

Moms Site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
When my children have computer time, and I give them the ten and then the five minute reminder.... and then they tell me they "just have to finish something" or they'll "lose what they've accomplished" or "can I just..."

it's the repetitive conversations...

Lisa Pinkus

Moms Site
T
Shark
Shark
T
The biggest one is having to tell my daughter something several times before she listens to what you said.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Whining.

I can take complaining, asking for something a million times, and even needing my undivided attention most of the day, but whining makes me pull out 1 hair at a time (lol).

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
Clare - that was going to be my next one! Just this morning, I instituted a "severe" consequence for failing to first-time respond.

I have to agree with the whining too. I can ignore it for only so long, and then it gets to me like fingers on a chalkboard and I burst!

Lisa Pinkus

Moms Site
T
Shark
Shark
T
I do the same sort of thing, Lisa. My daughter is only 3 and she gets a warning first. If it continues then things like TV goes off, toys get put away until she is ready to listen.

Whining is definitely another one, have to agree on that.

Last edited by Clare - Greek Food; 10/29/12 11:46 AM.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Not listening the first time? What is that? My kids don't listen until I am a raving lunatic (any heightened tone makes my girls swear I am yelling).

So, I too, for my sanity and the peace of the household, have had to make them take a break from the computer or tv if they cannot function in the midst.

In fact, my girls are not allowed to get on the computer or watch tv until they have cleaned their spaces. Remember that from when you were a kid? Some of the old tricks still work like a charm.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
I do that too, Yvonnie. My children must put away their homework, pencils, etc. In fact, homework has to go back in the backpack. Then, they have to make sure they've done one thing to help out in the house, straighten up their rooms, and THEN they can go on the computer.

The computer thing is a big one for me. My husband is going to rig me a remote so I can turn off their computers when they don't listen to me.

How about : what should I do next? when getting ready in the morning
I've even made charts to "help" and they still ask me. smile

Lisa Pinkus

Moms Site
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Mine are older now but what drove me the most crazy was when they used to fight all the time. ugh! I played referee, judge, jury, and counselor so many times, I should have been a professional.

I taught them how to negotiate and adjudicate their own squabble but now they are older and they get along great.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
Lori - my mom repeatedly tells me that she "sat back" and let us work it out. I try so hard to do the same, but it doesn't always happen. I, too, cannot stand to hear the bickering and the inappropriate accusations and the getting all riled up for such a silly reason!

How about when you say to everyone - "ok. we're going to pick up the new glasses, make a quick trip to the grocery, and then will be home."
And then one after the other says "what are we doing, mom?" "are we going home after we get the glasses?" etc.

Even with four children, I think I sometimes have to repeat it 6 times until I finally say "everyone stop and look at me. This is what is happening...."

smile

Lisa Pinkus

Moms Site
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa - Moms, Traci - Moms 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.