Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Rabthan Ahmed, puumando, 2013, Geddingsm1992, Suzann
57210 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57211 Members
417 Forums
113002 Topics
800980 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 794
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 445
Beetlemess 305
Nancy Roussy 158
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 109
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 89
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 86
Susan - Meditation Editor 47
Sandra Investing/HFinance 45
Mona - Astronomy 39
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#795896 - 12/12/12 07:39 PM Re: How to help poor people ? [Re: Harry124]
JessClark Offline

Loc: Canada
Teach them self-responsibility and self-discipline. Help them find a job with which they can support themselves. Help them get any help they may need with addictions or other mental health problems.

Add Re: How to help poor people ? to Twitter Add Re: How to help poor people ? to Facebook Add Re: How to help poor people ? to MySpace Add Re: How to help poor people ? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: How to help poor people ? Add Re: How to help poor people ? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: How to help poor people ? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: How to help poor people ? to Stumbleupon Add Re: How to help poor people ? to Reddit
#797881 - 12/27/12 12:13 AM Re: How to help poor people ? [Re: Harry124]
markbutler Offline

To me the best way to help the poor is to give them a hand up rather than a hand out. Showing heart felt humility and sincerity in assisting those in need is the best way to get their attention in getting them to want to do things for themselves rather than have someone else do it for them. It also makes them aware that someone really does care about them.

Add Re: How to help poor people ? to Twitter Add Re: How to help poor people ? to Facebook Add Re: How to help poor people ? to MySpace Add Re: How to help poor people ? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: How to help poor people ? Add Re: How to help poor people ? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: How to help poor people ? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: How to help poor people ? to Stumbleupon Add Re: How to help poor people ? to Reddit
#801306 - 01/18/13 08:54 AM Re: How to help poor people ? [Re: Harry124]
smitthe Offline

Try to make them self supportive rather helping them with cash.Try to educate and inspire them and help them find opportunities for employment.

#802490 - 01/24/13 09:06 PM Re: How to help poor people ? [Re: Harry124]
Omily Offline
Jellyfish

The society has changed a lot, when I'm on the street, there are many beggers. When I see them, I feel sympathy for them, but actually, they are professional beggers.

#802496 - 01/24/13 09:38 PM Re: How to help poor people ? [Re: Harry124]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Sad but true. At first, after I read your post, I was going to ask how to tell the difference between a person in need and a professional beggar. But then, I realized that some of these "professional" beggars beg because they honestly are incapable of securing and holding down a job.

There are many people who are unemployable for a variety of reasons that we cannot see just by looking at them.

For this reason, I shall continue to give hand-outs to those who ask. I will try my best not to be concerned if they are deceiving or tricking me. I hope each hand-out gives them the opportunity to see that people are genuinely caring, and they can choose to do a good thing with the kindness and money.

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

#811933 - 03/19/13 01:59 AM Re: How to help poor people ? [Re: Harry124]
mariyadisuja Offline

Helping poor people is a great incentive but giving them the tools they need to get out of poverty is even better. The idea of being poor is based on the fact far too many people are not able to access services that are out there.

#811935 - 03/19/13 02:01 AM Re: How to help poor people ? [Re: Harry124]
mariyadisuja Offline

Helping poor people is a great incentive but giving them the tools they need to get out of poverty is even better. The idea of being poor is based on the fact far too many people are not able to access services that are out there.

achievement unlocked

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  JOY ( Self Development ) 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Game - Vampire Names
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Creativity
09:46 AM
I Lost Almost Everything
Stress Management
09:39 AM
Word From Last Letter Game
Contests & Sweepstakes
09:36 AM
Job Titles Game
Fiction Writing
09:30 AM
Road Trips Success with Young Kids
by Tiffiny - Family Travel
Family Travel
11:19 PM
Sorry about not posting for a while
by Debbie-SpiritualityEditor
Pagan
02:41 PM
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
01:21 PM
Olay Pro-X- Advanced Cleansing System Review
by BB -Body Care
Body Care
12:25 PM
The Gifts of ADD
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
10:31 AM
7 Chaos Taming Strategies for ADD
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
10:31 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 50 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.