Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
madhvi, daves101, debbiebbb, Anne_0921, Ebnul Karim Benzima
56592 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56592 Members
417 Forums
111506 Topics
786394 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 274
Nancy Roussy 173
Rosie 66 154
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 130
loongdragon 109
James Andrew 108
Lestie4containergardens 73
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 71
Jilly 57
Susan - Meditation Editor 53
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#789632 - 10/26/12 09:11 AM How to help poor people ?
Harry124 Offline

Hello friends Please give me the answer.

Add How to help poor people ? to Twitter Add How to help poor people ? to Facebook Add How to help poor people ? to MySpace Add How to help poor people ? to Del.icio.us Digg How to help poor people ? Add How to help poor people ? to Yahoo My Web Add How to help poor people ? to Google Bookmarks Add How to help poor people ? to Stumbleupon Add How to help poor people ? to Reddit
#789638 - 10/26/12 11:49 AM Re: How to help poor people ? [Re: Harry124]
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger

Loc: Kansas USA
Harry, here are two answers. There are many more.

Teach them to take care of their needs.
Help them find opportunities for employment.
Avatar: There is Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

Here is a link to my EBook.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

Add Re: How to help poor people ? to Twitter Add Re: How to help poor people ? to Facebook Add Re: How to help poor people ? to MySpace Add Re: How to help poor people ? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: How to help poor people ? Add Re: How to help poor people ? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: How to help poor people ? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: How to help poor people ? to Stumbleupon Add Re: How to help poor people ? to Reddit
#789652 - 10/26/12 04:08 PM Re: How to help poor people ? [Re: Harry124]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Give them hope...and belief in themselves. Let them know that they are here to overcome their perceived limitations and challenges. That they have the power to create the life that they want.

Let them know that their poverty is not a sign of inadequacy or lack of worth. It is just a lesson and an experience. Soon, there will be different lessons and experiences, and wealth can be one of them if they so choose.

Changing one's situation always starts with the belief in their minds that change *can* and *will* happen. It triggers a domino effect of action. They will believe that they have control over their own lack and suddenly they will begin to see the opportunities and go for them instead of feeling that all is lost and nothing is worth the effort.

Theirs is poverty of self-esteem (unless they choose poverty out of acetic or religious values).

Give them power through belief in themselves. But of course, always give money to take care of their immediate physical needs. No one can think straight when he is ravenously hungry or cold.

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

Add Re: How to help poor people ? to Twitter Add Re: How to help poor people ? to Facebook Add Re: How to help poor people ? to MySpace Add Re: How to help poor people ? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: How to help poor people ? Add Re: How to help poor people ? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: How to help poor people ? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: How to help poor people ? to Stumbleupon Add Re: How to help poor people ? to Reddit
#790148 - 10/30/12 03:59 AM Re: How to help poor people ? [Re: Harry124]
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Provide as much training and support as possible. As long as they can get to a library, they can take free online classes, learn new skills, and become self sufficient. It takes time and support and encouragement.

#793077 - 11/17/12 02:40 AM Re: How to help poor people ? [Re: Harry124]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

Loc: Mont Tremblant,quebec Can
To Harry 124,

Important to know what Harry considers poverty?A zillionnaire
can be poor if his heart is not filled with love for other humans
I am retired ,have a car dating 1997,buy most of my clothing in
second hand clothing store. You have no idea of the beautiful stuff that I paid $1 or $2.
For a year ,I went to the only food counter we have around here,
food given was rotten .Made spaguetti sauce for a year.
The poor people you speak of, do they smoke?In Canada a pack of cigarettes can cost you up to $10.,do these people drink beer ?
I have not smoked or drank for 35 years now.

I worked 48 years ,all i got is my old age pension.And a great self-esteem,I am a rich man.

So please ,tell us your solutions.

Do not give food to whom is hungry,show him how to grow food.(after feeding him )

loong

#793087 - 11/17/12 04:43 AM Re: How to help poor people ? [Re: Lori-Dreams]
Yvonnie-Inspired Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: Illinois, US
"Theirs is poverty of self-esteem (unless they choose poverty out of acetic or religious values).

Give them power through belief in themselves. No one can think straight when he is ravenously hungry or cold."

Powerful statement Lori. Very insightful.

#793261 - 11/19/12 01:55 AM Re: How to help poor people ? [Re: Harry124]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

To Yvonnie,

How do you give self esteem to someone?Not through giving him books food will do for awhile.If we could speak face to face ,
I would tell you the life of Normand Joly/loong.No one ever helped me,I helped myself.Sure some people cannot do it by themselves,so what do you do.Saying a phrase like,Give them self
esteem.is easy to say but mutch harder to make it happen.

With friendship
loongdragon

#793267 - 11/19/12 02:08 AM Re: How to help poor people ? [Re: Harry124]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

You're right, loongdragon.

"Self" esteem must come from the self.

A psychologist told me that to gain self-esteem, a person needs to do or believe something that makes him feel good about himself.

Maybe we can help those poor in self-esteem to recognize the value in themselves. Then, when they see that they have value, they act upon that. And thus, the stone is set in motion.

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor

#793273 - 11/19/12 02:20 AM Re: How to help poor people ? [Re: Harry124]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

dear Lori dreams,

You wrote:Maybe we can help those poor in self-esteem to recognize the value in themselves. Then, when they see that they have value, they act upon that. And thus, the stone is set in motion.

Between good intentions,and being able to create that in millions of people is an astonishing project.I wish I had that power.I don't .We can only,I beleive, do it one case at the time.

Ghandi ,said to change the universe ,you must start by changing yours.

With respect
loongdragon

#793277 - 11/19/12 02:27 AM Re: How to help poor people ? [Re: Harry124]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Yes, loongdragon. One person, one heart, one mind, one soul, one life at a time. Beginning with our own.

But if we all do this, a billion points of light will sparkle brightly.

It starts with the belief that this can be done. That this *will* be done. I believe. And so my own light is beginning to flicker on...

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  JOY ( Self Development ) 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Walking Off Belly Fat
by CarlaCano-Walking Editor
Walking
8 minutes 9 seconds ago
Lower Your Investing Expectations
by Sandra - Investing
Investing
29 minutes 8 seconds ago
Invest your money in right way
by Sandra - Investing
Investing
33 minutes 38 seconds ago
Last Minute Artwork
by Sandra - Investing
Photography
36 minutes 34 seconds ago
Setting Putting it all Together
by Bluedolphin - Nonfiction
Nonfiction Writing
Today at 03:17 PM
What Happens During Polysomnography?
by Jori-ND Editor
Neuromuscular Diseases
Today at 03:06 PM
What Yoga did you Do Today?
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Yoga
Today at 02:05 PM
Example of true human nature...
by Cheryll - Bahá'í Life
Baha'i Faith
Today at 01:51 PM
De-Tethering from the Internet
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Low Carb
Today at 01:48 PM
Haunted Book House in St. Louis
by Kathryn - Short Stories
Paranormal
Today at 01:37 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
4 registered (Cinzia - Italian Food, Izeigo, Deb - Animal Life, CarlaCano-Walking Editor), 143 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.