Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
semizeu33, astrovalley, cory455, marger, simplicityshines
57417 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57417 Members
417 Forums
113481 Topics
805669 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 434
Beetlemess 151
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 128
Jana - Creativity Editor 115
Nancy Roussy 96
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 94
Mona - Astronomy 47
Susan - Meditation Editor 44
Sandra Investing/HFinance 36
Dianne W - Editor 22
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#785583 - 10/01/12 08:32 AM Dividend Investing
Sandra Investing/HFinance Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Traditionally, dividends made up half of the return of a stock investment. Through the 1990's and 2000's, when growth was popular, dividends fell out of favor.

Now with the slow economy dividends are popular again.

Interested in dividends?

A good option is Vanguard's Dividend Appreciation ETF. This ETF provides a diversity of companies and invests in companies that have consistently raised their dividend.

You can also invest in their Dividend Appreciation Index Fund.
Home Finance Website
Home Finance Forum

Add Dividend Investing to Twitter Add Dividend Investing to Facebook Add Dividend Investing to MySpace Add Dividend Investing to Del.icio.us Digg Dividend Investing Add Dividend Investing to Yahoo My Web Add Dividend Investing to Google Bookmarks Add Dividend Investing to Stumbleupon Add Dividend Investing to Reddit
#788603 - 10/19/12 05:15 PM Re: Dividend Investing [Re: Sandra Investing/HFinance]
ElizabethAshworth Offline

Thanks for the advice! I read a great book that stresses the importance of dividend investing called The Power Curve - by scott kyle. He says that using dividends and options is the best way to get a superior return in bad economic times.

Add Re: Dividend Investing to Twitter Add Re: Dividend Investing to Facebook Add Re: Dividend Investing to MySpace Add Re: Dividend Investing to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Dividend Investing Add Re: Dividend Investing to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Dividend Investing to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Dividend Investing to Stumbleupon Add Re: Dividend Investing to Reddit
#788682 - 10/20/12 05:23 PM Re: Dividend Investing [Re: Sandra Investing/HFinance]
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Thanks for sharing, Elizabeth. I'll have to look the book up and read it. I think dividends are a good idea. Not sure how comfortable I'd be about options.

I appreciate your input.
Home Finance Website
Home Finance Forum

Add Re: Dividend Investing to Twitter Add Re: Dividend Investing to Facebook Add Re: Dividend Investing to MySpace Add Re: Dividend Investing to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Dividend Investing Add Re: Dividend Investing to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Dividend Investing to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Dividend Investing to Stumbleupon Add Re: Dividend Investing to Reddit
#789554 - 10/25/12 01:02 PM Re: Dividend Investing [Re: Sandra Investing/HFinance]
JulieMiller Offline

I picked up a copy of that book and it gets pretty technical but very interesting! He makes most of the book really easy to understand but the options chapter you need to read over twice. I think it's best to stick with large value dividend companies and only use options once you become a seasoned investor.

#789580 - 10/25/12 04:53 PM Re: Dividend Investing [Re: Sandra Investing/HFinance]
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Julie,

Great review of the book!

Investing in dividends seems a sensible plan right now. I agree that options are better for the seasoned investor. Options are risky and investors often lose money using them.

Home Finance Website
Home Finance Forum

Moderator:  Sandra Investing/HFinance 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Exotic pets find new homes at Florida Panther Fest
by semizeu33
Exotic Pets
19 seconds ago
Permits now required for exotic pets in Mathews
by semizeu33
Exotic Pets
12 minutes 23 seconds ago
Essence Hair Club
by Essence Hair Club
Hair
26 minutes 10 seconds ago
facial hair
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Yesterday at 07:12 PM
What Part of You Do You Love?
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Yesterday at 07:05 PM
Plastic Surgery & Perfection
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Yesterday at 04:32 PM
Caroline Herschel
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Yesterday at 02:04 PM
In what countries is surrogacy legal?
by stephenoneal28
Adoption
Yesterday at 01:20 PM
Fall Fun Word Game
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Investing
Yesterday at 12:23 PM
Use Water to reduce wrinkles
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Yesterday at 12:05 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (semizeu33), 52 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.