Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 35 1 2 3 4 34 35
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
AncientFlaxman, Some do believe that teachings of enlightenment passed through several different cultures, passing orally down from generation to generation, and then getting named different 'isms' depending on who the root teacher was. Certainly that is likely, based on how human history works in general. But I think it's also true that different people throughout history have simply come upon the same truths in vastly different cultures and times. Certain things are simply part of our common human experience and essence, and when we dig deep - as the great seekers everywhere have always done- we discover them. And these transcend 'isms.'

Last edited by Lisa - Buddhism; 10/23/12 12:25 PM.

Lisa Erickson, Buddhism Editor
Buddhism Site
Teaching and Private Session Website: Enlightened Energetics
Blog: Mommy Mystic
Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Parakeet
Parakeet
A
Lisa, for that I am more than grateful!! Does it matter how we get what we need as long as we get it despite the origin or ism?????? dave

Last edited by ancientflaxman; 10/23/12 12:54 PM.
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

21-With the energy of mindfulness,our feet become the Buddha's feet.To generate the energy of mindfulness is not difficult.The practice of mindful breathing generates the energy of mindfulness.And with that power,that energy of mindfulness,we empower our feet,and our feet become the Buddha's feet.When you walk with the feet of the Buddha,the place you walk is the
Buddha Land.

this is a text by TNH Mahayana style.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
22- The Buddha loved walking.In his era there were no busses cars etc.Buddha walked for 45 years visiting 14 to 15 countries
while walkingin ancient India and Nepal.Of course the Buddha enjoyed sitting meditation,but he also enjoyed walking meditation.

23- today received another book by Thich Nhat Hanh.Title is :
The Miracle Of Mindfulness.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
24- Today ,I realised.that every moment that I live,I am living it,intertwined with the rest of the Universe,we age together,some suffer others live ablissful life,some die some are born.Re-birth happens all around the world at every moment.
Already all that I wrote ,is gone and relived differently.I am maybe 5 minutes older,and I wish smile wiser.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
25- to all or none,remember that Lisa theBuddhism editor,wrote a
great e-book that you can buy for,hold on to your hats: 0.99cents
I dowmloaded it printed it,and read it ,It is now in my library
with books from other great thinkers.Don't miss it.....

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
26- to our visitors,if you have questions,however simple they may be,this is the place to ask them.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
27- Today,I lived something I had lived once before.Sitting at
McDonald's where I go every day to see friends,but before I
listen to Mantras and read about buddhism.I was listening at the Oneness mantra,eyes closed,volume high,and all of a sudden ,
I felt myself ,like going,almost falling off my chair.When I opened my eyes,everything in front of me was so clear.I resisted,I do not know what would have happened.This mantra brings me to another level,when I listen to it.Like right now.
28-The practice of mindfulness helps us to become a Buddha in the
here and the Now.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
29 - We are all connected to each other and everything beyond words.
This is something I rediscover over and over for myself, both in relationship to others (through my emotions) and in meditation or mindfulness, when we have these moments of clarity and open to feeling connected, rather than separated from our surroundings and each other. Such a beautiful thing. And related to that...
30 - We are each born and die every moment. We are always arising and fading away, arising and fading away, like the surf, or each of our thoughts...

Lisa Erickson, Buddhism Editor
Buddhism Site
Teaching and Private Session Website: Enlightened Energetics
Blog: Mommy Mystic
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
31-Vap Poya day is the full-moon of October. This holy day celebrates theend of the Bhikkhu's three months rains retreat and marks the Kathinamonth of robes , where lay people donate a set of robes to the Sangha. This also celebrates the day that Buddha began to teach the Abhidhamma!(Theravada)
32-loved your #30.

Page 2 of 35 1 2 3 4 34 35

Moderated by  Lisa - Buddhism 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.