J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Asha - Scot./Eng. Culture
Great inspiration from the elders makes me think of Oriah Mountain Dreamer. I have always loved her poem The Invitation which I first heard at a wedding where participants were invited to bring poetry, songs, dance...

Hi Asha, thanks for the link to 'The Invitation'. I wonder how old she was? (JOY)

Sponsored Post Advertisement
What happens when a child didn't have those wonderful feelings at a young age? It is so hard to make them realize that life can be a wonderful thing.

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: 8GreenEyes

Re: True Happiness - 5 Simple Tips

What happens when a child didn't have those wonderful feelings at a young age? It is so hard to make them realize that life can be a wonderful thing.

Yes, there are many children who never had the chance to experience the childhood they should have had. Unfortunately, the past cannot be changed but if you continue to have wonderful feelings about the present and future, this will eventually touch them in quite a deep way. (JOY)

D
D
I really liked your article Joy. I tend to follow all of your 5 tips in my everyday life but not to the "T" on some of them. For instance, tip #3 "prepare for the worst expect the best." I am always prepared for the worst but I never expect the best. I have been working on being more optimistic about things but it is never easy. The rest of your tips are words to live by and I could definitely see how these tips could help improve one's happiness.

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: dgambino1

I really liked your article Joy. I tend to follow all of your 5 tips in my everyday life but not to the "T" on some of them. For instance, tip #3 "prepare for the worst expect the best." I am always prepared for the worst but I never expect the best. I have been working on being more optimistic about things but it is never easy. The rest of your tips are words to live by and I could definitely see how these tips could help improve one's happiness.
Many thanks for your feedback. Regarding 'expecting the best', studies have found that if you don�t truly believe that you deserve the best, it is more difficult to expect it. It is often a change in mindset that helps with this. (JOY)

D
D
You make a great point here in the need to believe that I deserve the best. I try to believe that I do deserve the best, but perhaps my low belief in myself hinders my ability to achieve that feeling. I still have some "inner demons" that I need to deal with and let them go but that is always easier said than done.

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: dgambino1
You make a great point here in the need to believe that I deserve the best. I try to believe that I do deserve the best, but perhaps my low belief in myself hinders my ability to achieve that feeling. I still have some "inner demons" that I need to deal with and let them go but that is always easier said than done.

Low self belief and self worth can affect all aspects of one�s life and, as you say, it can be very difficult to let go of �inner demons.� Have you seen this article?

Self-Worth : How To Increase It

R
R
The most happy and successful people are those who work toward the things they are passionate about. If you really like to do something and you like to do it well you will not only experience success but satisfaction with your life as well. True happiness is loving what you do in life as well as what you do with your life.

J
J
Great article! I especially think that making a concentrated effort to be grateful everyday makes me happier. I would also add that living creatively makes people happier!

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Jenny A.
Great article!...I would also add that living creatively makes people happier!

Hi Jenny,

Many thanks for your feedback!
Joy

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.