Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
What do you think of John Edward, Theresa Caputo (The Long Island Medium) and Sylvia Brown?

I got a chance to see John Edward live this week. He was doing a taping at a Dr. Phil Show in Hollywood. Dr. Phil was not there. John was filming a special segment and he had with him a numerologist (Glynnis McCants) and another woman who was an intuitive counselor. They all gave audience readings.

While they definitely picked up the spirit energy around several people, I noticed that they were not clear about some things. I noticed that they way they presented the information seemed spotty. Contrast that with Theresa Caputo who has her own show called The Long Island Medium and I see how she just says what she sees, hears and feels with little validation needed from the actual person who is being read. She seems to get a lot of clearer information.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Well, I think once you get into Hollywood, A "sensitive, Clairvoyant, Psychic...what have you" it gets complicated. You have producers, investors, even boards telling a tier of people what to do and how to do it.

Jon Edwards...he "feels" the "real-deal." I feel there are things here and there that have some questionables, but if I needed a reading, I'd go to him. "Gretta Alexander" was one as well, but she's past, though gave me my reading anyway. That's an experience I'll never forget!

Not a fan of The "Long Island Medium?"...she's more....I don't know, feels like like entertainment??? I also caught a "glimpse" (peek-a-boo) she may have the personality for television, but personally, I'd never go to her for a reading, even if they offered to fly me there for free...

A few months what came through/flash/feeling, etc. from her (the unintentional peek-a-boo)had to do w/a camera and reception coming from some other place...like say a house across the streeet a talking/hearing device. I really don't want to know that much about this person.

Sylvia brown has a lot of good help around her. I feel she embelleshes though on experiences and isn't always putting it "clear" or maybe she's just tired. This stuff can be exhausting over time.

IF I had to be on camera all these years, I think I'd just be burning out and start to do other things, like cruises or something, so I can still bring in cash, but rest at the same time.

Of the 3, Jon Edwards would be who I'd put my "$" on, if I had a group of girls I were getting together for a cheese/wine thingy I might put The Long Island on like "Real Housewives" or something.

Sylvia...I'm 50/50 still. Sometimes I think or feel she's not getting anything, but won't just come out and say it. I, but that's just me, would say..."I'm sorry, I just can't read you or not getting anything and if they paid, give them their money back...?

Different strokes/different folks smile

Last edited by Elleise - Clairvoyance; 10/19/12 02:00 AM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
J
Gecko
Gecko
J
It is great that you have got the opportunity to see them live.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I totally get what you're saying, Elleise. Theresa is entertaining. I just see her getting information--or giving it--in a clearer way.

However, what always strikes me as odd is how she:

1. Can't turn it off to allow herself and her family to have a normal life. They deserve her undivided attention just as much as spirit, if not more. She should know how to turn it off and on as she is in control of her perceptions.
2. Always seems shocked and surprised when the person she is reading validates what she is saying. Doesn't she have faith in her abilities by now?
3. Gets freaked out when faced with the supernatural. Not by the spirits she is channeling but other phenomena. Once, she saw a table move by itself and she went berserk. Really?

It just perplexes me how one can be so good at channeling spirit but yet feel so surprised or frightened by it.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Well,

This is just how it "feels" to me.

A T.V. station somewhere needed a "new" whatever, newer reality type dealy?

The Long Island person still feels the "reads" she's getting, are getting help from other places, just not of or all the way Spirit.

Telling it "clearly" or just coming out and saying it, that part's still....well, personality and is probably why it's entertaining.

When I think or focus to her I feel a "punch" in the stomach. It isn't light-ful (just decided to make up a word, lol).

Someone once said to me, that in the TV world they called people on T.V that do what we do, "Platform Mediums" Kind of like those cooking people. You have to be able to know what you're doing, but also be appealing to an audience.

If you were to watch me do my stuff, you might laugh some, but it wouldn't be scary and most of the places I'd go that people , especially famous places....can't say they'd all be "haunted." But it brings in tourists...

There are a lot of factors involves w/clairs...she's apparently got it on "All the time" yeh, I guess I could relate to that but spooked and furniture moving by itself...just no way....that's going to be 4 "shock-value."

I'm not saying she doesn't have anything, just for my money, it's not the way I'd go. There's acting involved. So,just for me, I'm not into that, but again, it's TV.

Ther's something else too. HAving her family "revolve around her 24/7, well it kind of places a person, litterally, at the center of attention confused

Last edited by Elleise - Clairvoyance; 10/20/12 01:24 AM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
I liked John Edward when he first hit tv years ago. I still like him.

I like Theresa Caputo when she does a reading and comes out with some really specific things for authenticity. What I don't like about her show is all the personal life stuff. I want to see the readings, not what all of her family is doing.

As for Sylvia Brown, I don't know much about her and I have never seen her. I do know she has some negative publicity about her online, but I also know a few people that like her.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Oh, I *like* them all. I really do! It's just that I was comparing how they deliver messages.

As for Sylvia, I have read some of her books from the library but for some reason, when I saw her on television, she did not resonate with me. She has fascinating info from her guide Francine, and she seems like a nice person though.

Last edited by Lori-Dreams; 10/25/12 12:05 PM.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I'd say of all of them....John Edwards "feels" the strongest as far as going through it.

I still can't say I respond well w/the Long Island person. I've tried and tried....but I'm going off of youtube venues.

There's something there, like an Editor or something. So, if there's a bad session or series...they go back and fix it, the next episode. (These are just feelings).

No see'er "sees" 100% all of the time...no way and moving furniture. I think I'd go along with eathing the same shoe as John Edwards....just...they've got better things to do. They really do!

Again, what a "seer" does in private vs. having to make it interesting for the media and the audience are 2 different things.

Most people would either be bored off their behinds watching me talk to myself and flickering this or that or laugh that same behind off w/the most uncanny, authentic, affirmations of the Other Side, their existance and their willingness and love to continue both the cycles of life and love.

We never disappear wink

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
John Edwards and Sylvia Brown both are deep and know their stuff. They are not always the way people want to see them because when dealing with spirits, messages are delivered in certain ways that the medium responds to, so therefore may not seem sincere or true to people. It is difficult, even for the experts to switch when communing with spirits or listening to them and relaying the messages to the seeker. When communing with spirits one has entered into a different environment and must stay there till the communing period is over, so it is not easy to go from one spiritual level to another.

I notice often that Sylvia Brown is very serious and straight to the point, she does not enhance anything. John Edwards is the same way, but also has a sense of humour, to help people remain calm.

Theresa Caputo I only saw one video of her and that was enough. She seems to be "Hollywood", not spiritual.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hey Lori-

I like all 3. I'm guessing Mediums come in all kinds of personalities.

In regards to Long Island Medium, I'm also of the mind that there will be editing of the television show that shows you her best hits vs her big misses.

I feel that John Edwards was a little more in control of his production and wanted you to see some of the misses as well; so that you would get a better understanding of how his gift works.

I've only read Sylvia and I felt good about her too. That said, I really liked books by James Van Pragh, but when I met him, his vibe was not the same. To his defense, I do think that putting mediums in the limelight causes a sort of interference. It disrupts their down time, their quiet centering, and puts an urgency on things, which can irritate them (at least that is how James felt).

I like having the variety for us to view and sense (energy sensing).

Keep in mind, spiritual people have moments of growth too. Those times when they are working through their own challenges in life. Those challenges help them grow in their gift or sometimes, it makes them rethink how they are using their gift.

Just thoughts/sensing...

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Elleise - Clairvoyance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.