Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Do you have a homemade hand lotion recipe that is good for quilters hands?

Please let us know what you do to keep your hands soft and smooth and ready for quilting.

Cheerio for no

Judie Bellingham
Editor Australia & Quilting Sites

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting
Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
J
The one I enjoy usind, is : 16 oz.Baby Lotion (I use the Pink bottle) 8 oz. jar Vasoline 8 oz. Vitamin E Cream Place all in a bowl & beat until it resembles the texture of hand cream..(I use my 'Stick blender') Store in jars and share with friends.. This makes a large batch, but is very good, and all things can be purchased at a Dollar store.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Sue, this sounds so easy to make. I have a few questions - how long does this cream last? Does it go "off" in the jar. What type of jar do you use - plastic or glass?

I like the idea of making this for my friends for xmas presents.

Cheerio

Judie Bellingham
Editor Australia & Quilting Sites

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting
J
J
I have had a jar that is almost a year old..(I had made several last year) and is still good..No, it doesn't 'go off' , turn, and have never had any to go "bad" on me... The jars I use, is any kind ,,Piminto jars, smaller (4oz.) candle jars, the Cherry's you can buy in the 5-6oz.jars. Now, when I make them for gifts, will use the 1/2 pt. jelly jars & simply tie a pretty ribbon around the neck..Everyone I've given them to, then always wants the recipe,they love it also.. I use both Plastic and glass..Doesn't matter...Just what ever I may have on hand.. The Vit. E cream comes in a good size jar, so I just refill it when I get it made. A friend shared this with me several years ago, and I've never bought any other cream...

G
Zebra
Zebra
G
I'm going to try this. Vasoline is the only product I've used for years, and while it is a good moisturizer it doesn't do much for healing. I'll have to think though the storage problem. Just recently though I did some purging, and recycled a few dozen jelly jars.

Thank you very much for sharing. GrannyH

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain."
G
G
This lotion sounds great. I am going to give it a try.

Christmas gifts are definitely a possibility.

Galloping Butterfly
G
Zebra
Zebra
G
I found all the 'ingredients' in smaller quantities than listed so I ended up making a half-batch. I'm not sure what kind of testimony I can give after only using this lotion for a week, but I love it - and not just for my hands. It feels great on my face, it has already taken care of the one dry elbow I have constantly, and it is has made my hands softer than they've been for a really long time. I purchased containers over the summer for the playdoh I make my grand kids that are perfect for this lotion.

Minnesota winters really dry out my skin, and I am going to be so very happy to have this lotion. Thank you. GrannyH

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain."
J
J
So glad you are liking it, GrannyH..I think the Vitamin E, has some 'healing' powers in it, or maybe that's just what I tell myself..:) My husband likes it on top of his head as he is bald, and tends to get a dry scalp, working outside, even with caps on... I have used it as my facial mostiurizer also..I will use this ,especially in the winter, under my makeup..Not only does it help the makeup go on smoother, but keeps my face protected from the wind and cold. THanks for posting.

C
C
Definitely going to try this. In fact, I think I'll a run to the Dollar Store today. My hands are in terrible shape, cracks on the corners of my thumbs that are so painful.

T
T
Does this hand lotion absorb quickly so you can handle fabric immediately, or do you need to wait a few minutes? It sounds wonderful ~ can't wait to try it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Judie Quilting Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.