Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Manisha Pal, Rain_2014, EmmaIsherwood, fit4fashion, ashjoielee
57316 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57317 Members
417 Forums
113297 Topics
804033 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 719
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 393
Jana - Creativity Editor 286
Beetlemess 286
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 78
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 61
Dorcy 59
Mona - Astronomy 49
Susan - Meditation Editor 47
Linu 47
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#785951 - 10/02/12 11:23 PM Are you disappointed with marriage?
Lori - Marriage Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala

Loc: Orange, CA USA
Has your marriage lived up to your expectations, hopes and dreams?

Mine has thrown me down some unexpected roads but wow, what a ride!

Disappointed with Marriage

Edited by Lori - Marriage (10/02/12 11:23 PM)

BellaOnline.com Marriage
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

Dreams editor
Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Add Are you disappointed with marriage? to Twitter Add Are you disappointed with marriage? to Facebook Add Are you disappointed with marriage? to MySpace Add Are you disappointed with marriage? to Del.icio.us Digg Are you disappointed with marriage? Add Are you disappointed with marriage? to Yahoo My Web Add Are you disappointed with marriage? to Google Bookmarks Add Are you disappointed with marriage? to Stumbleupon Add Are you disappointed with marriage? to Reddit
#786032 - 10/03/12 10:30 AM Re: Are you disappointed with marriage? [Re: Lori - Marriage]
AngieFuego Offline

I totally agree with the "life changes" part. My husband and I were real party-goers when we first met. We used to go out drinking and clubbing together all the time, but as we (and our bodies) age, these party-going urges have diminished, and we now enjoy staying at home with a good movie. I suppose that we're lucky to have "change" towards the same direction. But once in a while, I still have the urge to go out and have fun, and my husband understands that. In the end, it's all about understanding and compromise.

Add Re: Are you disappointed with marriage? to Twitter Add Re: Are you disappointed with marriage? to Facebook Add Re: Are you disappointed with marriage? to MySpace Add Re: Are you disappointed with marriage? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Are you disappointed with marriage? Add Re: Are you disappointed with marriage? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Are you disappointed with marriage? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Are you disappointed with marriage? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Are you disappointed with marriage? to Reddit
#786459 - 10/06/12 03:15 AM Re: Are you disappointed with marriage? [Re: Lori - Marriage]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
I liked a lot of aspects - mainly the companionship and the sense someone out there has your back.

But I also wasted a lot of time I could have been having adventures outdoors - a decade! That makes me mad at myself.

Add Re: Are you disappointed with marriage? to Twitter Add Re: Are you disappointed with marriage? to Facebook Add Re: Are you disappointed with marriage? to MySpace Add Re: Are you disappointed with marriage? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Are you disappointed with marriage? Add Re: Are you disappointed with marriage? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Are you disappointed with marriage? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Are you disappointed with marriage? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Are you disappointed with marriage? to Reddit
#786718 - 10/08/12 02:34 PM Re: Are you disappointed with marriage? [Re: Lori - Marriage]
Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

I did have some disappointments in my marriage. I think it is natural to have some as the years go by, challenges come up, and people grow and change. I think more could have been done to alleviate some of those disappointments and to turn things around, but my ex-husband was not interested in working on the marriage so we parted ways. It does take work, but I believe that a lot of issues can be taken care of with love and understanding.

For the most part I enjoyed being married. I miss it a great deal.

#787402 - 10/11/12 04:24 PM Re: Are you disappointed with marriage? [Re: Lori - Marriage]
Jeanette - Editor Offline
Chipmunk

Loc: Cincinnati, Ohio
I am on my third and last marriage lol I married my high school sweetheart the first time. We grew up together and apart quickly. In hind sight, we should have waited for marriage because I don't think it would have happened had we waited and wasted years together in misery. My second marriage turned abusive. Now I finally found my best friend and companion. Our relationship isn't perfect like those around us think it is, we have ups and downs as naturally all intimate relationships do. You have to find a balance, learn when to fight and when to let it go.

#787403 - 10/11/12 04:36 PM Re: Are you disappointed with marriage? [Re: Lori - Marriage]
Craig58 Offline
Parakeet

Loc: Ohio
My answer to this question is "YES", i am disappointed. I have been trying to work on improving are relationship, but I can't do this by myself. My wife I think is mostly oblivious to how weak and fragile our relationship has become. I think she believes my sole concern in our relationship is about sex. That is a big problem with us, but not the only problem. However, reestablishing a sex life between us would be a big step to repairing our relationship. Over five years is a long time to go without any intimacy more than a rare hug.

#787637 - 10/13/12 02:18 PM Re: Are you disappointed with marriage? [Re: Craig58]
Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Living without intimacy and affection kills a marriage. I know that first hand. It is painful to live like that with someone you love.

#787808 - 10/15/12 02:43 AM Re: Are you disappointed with marriage? [Re: Lori - Marriage]
Lori - Marriage Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala

Loc: Orange, CA USA
Craig, have you tried counseling for yourself? Just yourself.

BellaOnline.com Marriage
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

Dreams editor
Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

#788160 - 10/17/12 03:57 AM Re: Are you disappointed with marriage? [Re: Lori - Marriage]
mark laverdiere Offline

I believe marriage is a lifelong struggle to find a novel thing to love each day in your partner. No one can ever claim to be an expert because there will (should) be something new to love (or hate) each day. But Married people need to understand that what makes them different from each other were the things that made them come together in the first place. There are no perfect marriages simply because marriage is a union of two imperfect people trying to understand and accept each other's imperfections. Disappointment in marriage is normal, but too much of it means perhaps you should have passed up on this one....

#840435 - 10/01/13 12:55 AM Re: Are you disappointed with marriage? [Re: Lori - Marriage]
leahmullen Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

I have been disappointed with myself and my husband as individuals in the marriage but not by the marriage itself.

In my case marriage turned out to be far better than I thought it could be. To be honest I grew up not liking the idea of marriage at all. In fact I hated the idea and figured any marriage with me in it as the wife was going to be a complete disaster--just like all of the marriages I'd seen growing up.

As it turns out, 19 years later, I've discovered that I'm pretty good at this. Who knew?!?

What I've found is that marriage is a lot of work periodically, but not every day year after year. Having young children was our biggest hurdle and we're over that now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Lori - Marriage 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
What Is Space Weather? *new article*
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
0 seconds ago
Word From Last Letter Game
by "Rosie"
Contests & Sweepstakes
25 minutes 55 seconds ago
First Letter-Last Letter
by "Rosie"
Attention Deficit Disorder
41 minutes 49 seconds ago
Cosmic Halloween Tour . . . If you dare
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
59 minutes 3 seconds ago
Ogden garden verse game
by xmeecosmic
Container Gardening
Today at 02:00 PM
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Today at 12:40 PM
Cheese and Roasted Green Chilli Tamales Recipe
by Isabel - Mexican Food
Mexican Food
Today at 12:00 PM
Quizzes about Neuromuscular Disease
by Jori-ND Editor
Neuromuscular Diseases
Today at 11:14 AM
I Am Back Online
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Today at 10:39 AM
Shopping at Costco Game
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Sandwiches
Today at 09:04 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Mona - Astronomy), 135 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.